Gareth Bale was a very willing participant in the pantomime show

His agent was speaking for him

And if he wasn't, he should sack his brief

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

JUDAS!!! Can't wait to boo him at the next Wales game

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Was Bale dishonest at any stage? If so, how?
    He strung us along, he should have told us early on that his main interest was finacial and that we couldn't compete.

You were spot on in fairness, The World Cup is not his priority, that really surprised and disappointed me.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-bale-24330458

tl:dr - it wasn't about money until it became about money.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He strung us along, he should have told us early on that his main interest was finacial and that we couldn't compete.

You were spot on in fairness, The World Cup is not his priority, that really surprised and disappointed me.
    He doesn't owe us anything I suppose but I do think as a current Wales legend who get a lot of support from our clubs fans he maybe could have done us a favour and ended speculation a long while ago.

He's from here, his fam are, he would have known how much BS was being put out there and the fans will always run with it.

I don't see the harm in saying he had no interest. I don't see how we would have been any sort of choice to mull over, either he'd have wanted to come play here or not, he would have really had to want it for reasons beyond what the club can offer. It certainly wouldn't be financial or our sexy football.

I think he'd have known a long time ago he wasn't ever coming here, not really. And that's fine, just press that BS button Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He doesn't owe us anything I suppose but I do think as a current Wales legend who get a lot of support from our club he maybe could have done us a favour and ended speculation a long while ago.

He's from here, his fam are, he would have known how much BS was being out out there and the fans will always run with it.

I don't see the harm in saying he had no interest. I don't see how we would have been any sort of choice to mull over, either he'd have wanted to come play here or not, he would have really wanted to for reasons beyond what the club can offer.

He'd have known a long time ago he wasn't ever coming here, not really. And that's fine, just press that BS button.
    I don't think that is actually true though. Judging by the articles coming out today, initially we were very much in the frame. They all talk about the 'lure' of the lafc deal he has been offered something that he couldn't turn down. It certainly isn't the base salary so will be interested to see how it plays out. Seems pretty likely he extends the deal and becomes a designated player for a couple of seasons but I can't help but think there is more.

Hopefully Morison is a genius and we go up this year then we string Bale along all summer with a massive deal and then **** him off at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I don't think that is actually true though. Judging by the articles coming out today, initially we were very much in the frame. They all talk about the 'lure' of the lafc deal he has been offered something that he couldn't turn down. It certainly isn't the base salary so will be interested to see how it plays out. Seems pretty likely he extends the deal and becomes a designated player for a couple of seasons but I can't help but think there is more.

Hopefully Morison is a genius and we go up this year then we string Bale along all summer with a massive deal and then **** him off at the last minute.
    I don't know, I just think he could probably get in contact with a lot of clubs who would have some sort of lure for him. Either direct salary or add ons or lifestyle or everything.

His options must have been in abundance providing he didn't want his RM salary and didn't expect a top top club.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He strung us along….
    The press (mostly local), the gossips and those who pretended to be in the know strung you along. In fairness to the man himself, Gareth Bale never even mentioned Cardiff City.

The press (mostly local), the gossips and those who pretended to be in the know strung you along. In fairness to the man himself, Gareth Bale never even mentioned Cardiff City.
    It wasn't so much about what he said, but more about what he didn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Did he need to say anything?

If we were one of his options then it would br disrespectful to both his agent, and any other clubs in discussions whilst he was considering all of his options. Hes expressed an interest in playing in the MLS previously, so it seems to me that the whole package on offer (including the option at the end of 12 months, plus the season timings) for example, was just too attractive for him to turn down.
    I read somewhere that one Cardiff fan is so convinced that it's all about Adidas sponsorship money, that he's never buying Adidas trainers again 😁. It may well be a part of it but I doubt it's a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I find it amusing that the officials Bale and his agent actually dealt with at CCFC are apparently happy with the way the whole affair was handled, but fans are upset because things didn’t work out how they’d hoped.

Nothing anyone at CCFC has said so far would suggest they were messed around in any way and it sounds like City really were a viable option for Bale, so I can’t understand why people are so peeved. It’s all a bit daft really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

I read somewhere that one Cardiff fan is so convinced that it's all about Adidas sponsorship money, that he's never buying Adidas trainers again 😁. It may well be a part of it but I doubt it's a deal breaker.
    😂😂😂😂

Seriously?

Wales-Bales,fails Gareth bale which hails a nail on fail

edit: you were the only one that rhymed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    no whooosh I can assure you
    I find it amusing that the officials Bale and his agent actually dealt with at CCFC are apparently happy with the way the whole affair was handled, but fans are upset because things didn’t work out how they’d hoped.

Nothing anyone at CCFC has said so far would suggest they were messed around in any way and it sounds like City really were a viable option for Bale, so I can’t understand why people are so peeved. It’s all a bit daft really.
    Fair comment.

Did sponsorship and hospitality decide ?

Wages in disguise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ��������

Seriously?
    Madrid , Wales , Bale , Los Angeles FC all Adidas ..

City dropped Adidas for New Balance .

Mrs Bale not a fan of NB .

There is an Adidias bonfire event tonight in Canton somewhere ?

Bring new and old and firelighters

All welcome ...

I don't recall him putting the record straight anywhere. He let us dream . I don't have to be forgiving because he is a Welsh legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I don't recall him putting the record straight anywhere. He let us dream.

What a bad man. He let you dream.

Bale put the record straight when he announced he was signing for Los Angeles. Signing for City was an option for him, but no more than that, and then signing for City wasn't an option for him because he decided to sign for someone else. That's the long and short of it. It's the way football works these days.

I love the fact that some people think the player himself is to blame for the fact that they believed a load of nonsense peddled by tabloid journalists and a bunch of 'in the know' attention-seekers on the internet.

What a bad man. He let you dream.

Bale put the record straight when he announced he was signing for Los Angeles. Signing for City was an option for him, but no more than that, and then signing for City wasn't an option for him because he decided to sign for someone else. That's the long and short of it. It's the way football works these days.

I love the fact that some people think the player himself is to blame for the fact that they believed a load of nonsense peddled by tabloid journalists and a bunch of 'in the know' attention-seekers on the internet.
    So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth ?
    Admirable. But then , do you really care?

Anyone got the GPS coordinates for the Adidas bonfire event in Canton tonight LOM mentioned?

So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth ?
    Admirable. But then , do you really care?
    why Have you turned into Richard Burton?

So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth? Admirable. But then , do you really care?
    To be honest, while I thought it looked a genuine possibility for a while, I always believed Bale coming here was a long shot, so I wasn't disappointed when it didn't happen. The more you think about it, the more surreal it would have been if he had decided to come here.

Gareth Bale's just left Real Madrid, where he was reportedly earning £600,000 a week. He was recently on the bench for the Champions League final. He's almost certainly the greatest player Wales has ever produced. Meanwhile, Cardiff City finished 18th in the Championship last season, are cutting costs and the club's rookie manager is busy signing players from the likes of St Mirren, Forest Green Rovers, SC Paderborn and Lewes. Doesn't sound like a natural fit, does it?

Do I really care? In a word, no. It certainly would have been interesting to see Bale in a City shirt, no doubt about that, but I reckon the coming season is likely to be interesting enough anyway.

To be honest, while I thought it looked a genuine possibility for a while, I always believed Bale coming here was a long shot, so I wasn't disappointed when it didn't happen. The more you think about it, the more surreal it would have been if he had decided to come here.

Gareth Bale's just left Real Madrid, where he was reportedly earning £600,000 a week. He was recently on the bench for the Champions League final. He's almost certainly the greatest player Wales has ever produced. Meanwhile, Cardiff City finished 18th in the Championship last season, are cutting costs and the club's rookie manager is busy signing players from the likes of St Mirren, Forest Green Rovers, SC Paderborn and Lewes. Doesn't sound like a natural fit, does it?

Do I really care? In a word, no. It certainly would have been interesting to see Bale in a City shirt, no doubt about that, but I reckon the coming season is likely to be interesting enough anyway.
    I suppose Bellamy ruined it by actually joining us when he could still play football.
    Good answer , cant argue with any of it .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    why Have you turned into Richard Burton?
    Que ?

What the matter , eh?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ed-up-24339252

Gareth Bale surprised his old school in Cardiff on Monday with an impromptu visit to film a video about his roots for his new club Los Angeles FC.