Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is football , it's not about rationality

He's part of the comedy act

And so we're we

Load of old nonsense

If Bale tells us he's getting fit for the world Cup make sure he signs something on the dotted line

Then get him to sign again
    The media and fans spend way too much time talking about what professional footballers can, should or will do with their lives.

Gareth Bale is pestered about what he intends to do with his career and hasn't said anything unreasonable in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Pug View Post
    The only way Bale would've sign for us was if the club could persuade him we were seriously signing players to make a Promotion challenge. Alas our signings are a cover to reduce wages in the hope of not getting relegated. Bale would've been completely barking to agree to such a deal. We are literally turning into Millwall, signing bale yeah right.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He never promised he'd sign .

Some of you counted your chickens.

Now the guy is a "prick" because he didn't do what you wanted.

Who are you to say he wasn't considering a move to Cardiff ? Are you privy to his innermost thoughts, family discussions and the details of negotiations with our club ? No, you are not.

Take it on the chin and behave like a rational human being.
    I didnt call him a prick.

You did refer to RM fans being spoiled brats. The overwhelming majority maybe all who love their club and would pull on their clubs shirt on for nothing without the mega millions Bale has taken and would have walked away from for China if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Announcing it at our training ground is rubbing it in just a little

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    Despite the hype from the likes of Scott Johnson and Abbandonato, I never really thought we’d sign him and I don’t for a second believe he had any intention of doing so.
    Despite this I was still disappointed when I found out it was definitely not happening. Bale’s gone down in my estimation, not that he probably gives a flying feck what any of us think.
    I agree.

He could have ruled us out weeks ago and ended the speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Announcing it at our training ground is rubbing it in just a little
    Is that why he was there?

Bale just needs somewhere to get match fit. He’s chosen to join a successful team in a place with a warm climate and fantastic lifestyle for his family, can’t say I blame him. Cardiff would have offered him something much more uncertain including the significant risk he’d be joining a struggling team.

And at the end of the year what then? Another 5 months of Championship football which lets face it after the career he’s had he wouldn’t be remotely interested in.

Dalman and the board are probably happy for the distraction this has offered from the real issue which is the club’s inability to invest and compete in the market with leading Championship sides due to the last 3-4 years of their utter incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I didnt call him a prick.

You did refer to RM fans being spoiled brats. The overwhelming majority maybe all who love their club and would pull on their clubs shirt on for nothing without the mega millions Bale has taken and would have walked away from for China if allowed.
    You quoted my response to someone who does think he is a prick . A couple more of you are trying to make out he has wronged you in some way.

I don't really understand your second sentence but Real Madrid fans are awfully fickle....especially the ones involved in the media. There are numerous examples of how petty and infantile they can be.

This whole thing is actually very similar to the Mbappe situation and some of our fans appear to be reacting in a very similar way to the Madrid fans who turned on their hero in waiting the moment he rejected them.

You quoted my response to someone who does think he is a prick . A couple more of you are trying to make out he has wronged you in some way.

I don't really understand your second sentence but Real Madrid fans are awfully fickle....especially the ones involved in the media. There are numerous examples of how petty and infantile they can be.

This whole thing is actually very similar to the Mbappe situation and some of our fans appear to be reacting in a very similar way to the Madrid fans who turned on their hero in waiting the moment he rejected them.
    All football fans are fickle to a greater or lesser extent

Do you think that everyone is just going oh well never mind about this ?

Is that why he was there?
    Probably. If that was the case, I think he or Barnett should have said

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All football fans are fickle to a greater or lesser extent

Do you think that everyone is just going oh well never mind about this ?
    I don’t really see why not tbh.

I don’t really see why not tbh.
    Dear Gareth

Are in interested in signing for Cardiff ?

1 . Yes , talks are ongoing
    2. No

Thanks Gareth

Do you think RM fans were infantile reacting to Bale laughing behind Wales Golf Madrid flags. Not giving interviews in Spanish.?

No offence because of his undoubted ability you and loads of others think he can do no wrong.

The Madrid criticism goes both ways 50/50 id say and with the China transfer id say thats being nice to Bale.

I think we were spoiled with Bellamy really caring about his hometown club and getting us up. We thought the same might happen again.

Bale couldnt care less about our club. Same as thousands of others who prefer to support Man u Liverpool etc.

Do feel us strung us along though.

Anyway would you be happy for say a player like Bacuna laughing behind a similar flag Bale did?

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing. I was never sure how bringing in someone like Bale would work, allowing someone to come and go as they please, given how Morison is very much building a squad that basks in hard work and graft. I never thought he would have featured that often for us, meaning we'd need someone to fill his role when he didn't play or have squad upheaval as a result. Neither would be that satisfactory.

He's decided to go to America on a wage less than we'd offer him. That's the kick in the teeth. In a recent interview he didn't care where he played as it was only his fitness, not his ability, that was the issue. He's having an elongated holiday at a place he loves.

Let's not pretend that Cardiff means anything to Gareth Bale. He's a global superstar, and why not? I hope that, in 18 months or whatever, we don't bother with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I wanted it to happen as i love carnage and stories. Would have been a monumental boost.

However my head says this is probably for the best. Weve got a new squad in and bale would have been a huge huge distraction. He would only have come for the world cup.

Maybe he will finish his career with us? Who knows. Personally id rather we got the world cup out the way then if he wants to come and give his all after then lets have it. Seeing him just make the odd sub appearance or be pulled off on 50 mins still looking pretty fresh when we are 2 down at home would have made things turn pretty sour pretty quickly i fear (look at the threads on this board for evidence. Lol). and the pressure would have been ridiculous.

In the calm of the summer everyone can day they would have accepted any conditions to get him but in reality during games and the season i couldn't see people sticking to that. He would have to perform consistently or the fans would let him have it. Just the way it is.
    Best for all this he goes to the MLS i think.
    As much as it’s really disappointing, I agree it’s the best all round.
    I always felt it would be a short term deal
    Which wouldn’t have suited us
    A deal based all around him getting fit so cardiffs results don’t matter
    Hardly starting any games
    His stock in the capital going down because it all starts to go a bit sour.
    From his point of view great to join the home club but unless it was his last move with nothing else going on (wc) then he’s not going to be all out Cardiff. Add into that it’ll likely
    Be a struggling team, and then add Vincent tan.
    I’d have done the same as him

For all the moaners saying he’s strung us along, he’s probably been giving it a lot of thought but genuinely if you were In his shoes, with wales clearly your number one priority and about to play in a World Cup, would you join Cardiff right now?

The guy is a legend end of and I’ll still hold onto a scrap of hope he’ll join us to finish his career

I wonder if his sponsor Adidas had anything to do with the move, seeing as they are also the shirt supplier for Los Angeles…

This thread is bonkers. Years of shite at Real Madrid so wants to go live the life in LA for a couple of years where he’ll be relatively unknown and not have a circus around him like he would everywhere here. How anyone can knock him for that instead of wanting to help us to 12th is mad

It made no sense him coming to us and probably would have been a disaster both financially and from a results standpoint. Whilst his recent goals from set pieces have helped Wales his open field play has been disappointing. his best years are behind him and we should now be focussing on the exciting youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    This thread is bonkers. Years of shite at Real Madrid so wants to go live the life in LA for a couple of years where he’ll be relatively unknown and not have a circus around him like he would everywhere here. How anyone can knock him for that instead of wanting to help us to 12th is mad
    He wants the penny and the bun

If a premiership club had been interested he would have been there like a shot

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Not knocking him for that. It’s probably why we were never realistically going to sign him. The fact we’ve been strung along by him and his representatives is why this thread is bonkers and justifiably so.

Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It really is for the best.
    It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

Not knocking him for that. It’s probably why we were never realistically going to sign him. The fact we’ve been strung along by him and his representatives is why this thread is bonkers and justifiably so.
    Indeed

He could easily have put the blocks on any deal when asked last week

He's 32 , he's a big boy now

Why have we been strung along by him? What does he gain out of that? Do you think it could’ve been a choice Cardiff v LA and he mulled it over and decided to go one way when he could’ve easily gone another.

He ruled out Getafe straight away, everything indicates he spoke to the club, including Dalman’s comments earlier. Not sure how people are leaping from that to him and his agent were having a chuckle all along. Baffling

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Massive over reactions on here.
    I think he has made his decision on what will be best for Wales at the World Cup.

As long he is match fit and firing for Wales in November, I don't care where he plays.

It would have been a circus if he was at City all the while we are trying to build a new team from scratch.

He didn't make the decision to go over to Los Angeles for what was right for Wales

He clearly did what was right , in his view , for him

That's obvious

Now that's fair enough but let's not pretend Cardiff City were not pissed about in this matter

Bale could have dealt with that

But he chose not to

So plenty of people are a bit pissed off about it

And I think that's perfectly understandable

He probably looked at our squad and thought **** it, I’ll take the easier option.