+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Told the press straight away he wasn't interested in coming to CCFC and he was looking to a move to a premiership club ......and none were interested

And that's it
    But how do you know he was never interested in coming to Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    But how do you know he was never interested in coming to Cardiff?
    Exactly. Wasnt all the speculation from the media anyway?

Ok so he responded to the getafe bit but that was tongue in cheek and the getafe chairman clearly on a wind up. Did Cardiff say anything similar to getafe about us being offered him?

Not sure he should be expected to go over every club one by one to publicly rule himself in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Ok so he responded to the getafe bit but that was tongue in cheek and the getafe chairman clearly on a wind up. Did Cardiff say anything similar to getafe about us being offered him?

Not sure he should be expected to go over every club one by one to publicly rule himself in or out.
    I think we were probably in the mix and he decided to go a different way

That’s what I would think, bunch of old men acting like big babies over this ffs.

Let’s be honest for a rich young man LA is a lot more exciting than Cardiff and after 3 years he’ll never get to do something like this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Well clearly not but by ruling us out early on he could have shot the pantomime horse

Poor show

Were we bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    good luck to gareth bale football is a short career get rich and get out, do you really blame him he's looking after his family.you or i would do the same. football has no loyalty ask any pro player.
    He cant have much faith in his family's ability to handle money , if he thinks he has to add to his mega fortune to provide for them in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    That’s what I would think, bunch of old men acting like big babies over this ffs.

Let’s be honest for a rich young man LA is a lot more exciting than Cardiff and after 3 years he’ll never get to do something like this again.
    And the latest Welsh Captain since Vinnie Jones to give Hollywood Boulevard a go. Bales is a talent even in his waning years way above what we could normally recruit. I fancied the idea of Welsh icons in their latter years playing for local Welsh clubs in the build up to probably the only World Cup finals in my lifetime but too much romance on my part!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Were we bollocks
    It never fails to surprise me that you were never as a child taught that just because you say something definitively it doesn't make it true

It never fails to surprise me that you were never as a child taught that just because you say something definitively it doesn't make it true
    Yes, but how can you be sure that is true?
    They'll tell you such, but how can you know they aren't lying?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Everybody says he's such a nice bloke, but personally, I think he's a plick. There's been weeks and weeks of speculation about him joining the Bluebirds. He was quick enough to say he was joining Getafe. If he had an respect for our club and our supporters he could have nipped the rumours in the bud at the very beginning as he obviously had no intention of joining Cardiff City.
    You and the media were the ones who built up all this furore around him possibly signing.

Maybe he was just telling the truth regards it being an option...until he had to make a choice.

Grow up for ****s sake and stop acting like a spoilt brat / Real Mardid fan.

The Daily Mail states:

"A deal is yet to be fully agreed but discussions are ongoing."

It's not a done deal yet. While the odds have switched dramatically in favour of the MLS nothing has yet been officially confirmed. While Bale is now more likely to go to the USA nothing I have read confirms that is the case. Don't be fooled by Dalman wishing Bale all the best. If a journalist phones him up and states Bale is joining an MLS side what else could he say other than be magnanimous in apparent defeat.

When the giants of football Los Angeles FC come calling apart from the pay cheque how can you turn them down.?

Oh dear. It’s like kids who haven’t been given a pony on Christmas Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The Daily Mail states:

It's not a done deal yet. While the odds have switched dramatically in favour of the MLS nothing has yet been officially confirmed. While Bale is now more likely to go to the USA nothing I have read confirms that is the case. Don't be fooled by Dalman wishing Bale all the best. If a journalist phones him up and states Bale is joining an MLS side what else could he say other than be magnanimous in apparent defeat.
    Just read The Mail article and it states:

‘Gareth Bale has ended uncertainty over his future by joining American club Los Angeles FC to get fit for the World Cup and potentially prolong his career after it.

Bale, who became a free agent after leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season, is expected to be officially unveiled in the MLS this week on an initial 12-month deal, despite also having held talks with Cardiff City.’

Seems like they feel it’s a done-deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The Daily Mail states:

The "transfer god of twitter" (the same one who broke Bale being offered to Getafe) broke the news which lead to mainstream media reporting it - quoting his own source as an independent journo and MLS expert who himself cites his "own sources say"

It's very much based on your trusting that every story they break is correct, and that when they report something as official and done, it is, even if there is nothing officially mentioned by the people themselves

Lol - as I've said I still don't think it's very likely he is coming and I'm certain he is giving the MLS hard thought and may well end up there, but if there is anything I do feel certain about today it is that there is nothing definitive to go off today. He is still not committed to any one club.

Also seems unbelievable that Bale would let it get to the point where it is a done deal and we as Cardiffians find out via some French gossiper.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    You and the media were the ones who built up all this furore around him possibly signing.

Maybe he was just telling the truth regards it being an option...until he had to make a choice.

Grow up for ****s sake and stop acting like a spoilt brat / Real Mardid fan.
    Grow up??

RM fans acting like spoiled brats??

Posing and laughing with Wales Golf Madrid flags while making yourselves millions unlike the huge majority of Madrid fans paying his wages.

He could have ruled us out weeks ago but has chosen the mighty LAFC.

Having been to L.A. It is one of the places i never want to go to again. The extremes of inequality were dreadful and shameful

It's over. The man himself has just confirmed on Twitter and changed his profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Grow up??

RM fans acting like spoiled brats??

Posing and laughing with Wales Golf Madrid flags while making yourselves millions unlike the huge majority of Madrid fans paying his wages.

He could have ruled us out weeks ago but has chosen the mighty LAFC.
    He never promised he'd sign .

Some of you counted your chickens.

Now the guy is a "prick" because he didn't do what you wanted.

Who are you to say he wasn't considering a move to Cardiff ? Are you privy to his innermost thoughts, family discussions and the details of negotiations with our club ? No, you are not.

Take it on the chin and behave like a rational human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Well if that's the fecking comedy that modern football has become hello Los Angeles, here is your new toy

Rinse him well

Maybe he comes to us at 37 still capable? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He never promised he'd sign .

Some of you counted your chickens.

Now the guy is a "prick" because he didn't do what you wanted.

Who are you to say he wasn't considering a move to Cardiff ? Are you privy to his innermost thoughts, family discussions and the details of negotiations with our club ? No, you are not.

Take it on the chin and behave like a rational human being.
    This is football , it's not about rationality

He's part of the comedy act

And so we're we

Load of old nonsense

If Bale tells us he's getting fit for the world Cup make sure he signs something on the dotted line

Then get him to sign again

Despite the hype from the likes of Scott Johnson and Abbandonato, I never really thought we’d sign him and I don’t for a second believe he had any intention of doing so.
    Despite this I was still disappointed when I found out it was definitely not happening. Bale’s gone down in my estimation, not that he probably gives a flying feck what any of us think.