+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    That's all we asked for was honesty not too much to ask for was it.
    Was Bale dishonest at any stage? If so, how?

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Was Bale dishonest at any stage? If so, how?
    He strung us along, he should have told us early on that his main interest was finacial and that we couldn't compete.

You were spot on in fairness, The World Cup is not his priority, that really surprised and disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He strung us along….
    The press (mostly local), the gossips and those who pretended to be in the know strung you along. In fairness to the man himself, Gareth Bale never even mentioned Cardiff City.

The press (mostly local), the gossips and those who pretended to be in the know strung you along. In fairness to the man himself, Gareth Bale never even mentioned Cardiff City.
    I don't recall him putting the record straight anywhere. He let us dream . I don't have to be forgiving because he is a Welsh legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I don't recall him putting the record straight anywhere. He let us dream.

What a bad man. He let you dream.

Bale put the record straight when he announced he was signing for Los Angeles. Signing for City was an option for him, but no more than that, and then signing for City wasn't an option for him because he decided to sign for someone else. That's the long and short of it. It's the way football works these days.

I love the fact that some people think the player himself is to blame for the fact that they believed a load of nonsense peddled by tabloid journalists and a bunch of 'in the know' attention-seekers on the internet.

What a bad man. He let you dream.

Bale put the record straight when he announced he was signing for Los Angeles. Signing for City was an option for him, but no more than that, and then signing for City wasn't an option for him because he decided to sign for someone else. That's the long and short of it. It's the way football works these days.

I love the fact that some people think the player himself is to blame for the fact that they believed a load of nonsense peddled by tabloid journalists and a bunch of 'in the know' attention-seekers on the internet.
    So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth ?
    Admirable. But then , do you really care?

Anyone got the GPS coordinates for the Adidas bonfire event in Canton tonight LOM mentioned?

So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth ?
    Admirable. But then , do you really care?
    why Have you turned into Richard Burton?

So you shrugged your shoulders and thought good on you Gareth? Admirable. But then , do you really care?
    To be honest, while I thought it looked a genuine possibility for a while, I always believed Bale coming here was a long shot, so I wasn't disappointed when it didn't happen. The more you think about it, the more surreal it would have been if he had decided to come here.

Gareth Bale's just left Real Madrid, where he was reportedly earning £600,000 a week. He was recently on the bench for the Champions League final. He's almost certainly the greatest player Wales has ever produced. Meanwhile, Cardiff City finished 18th in the Championship last season, are cutting costs and the club's rookie manager is busy signing players from the likes of St Mirren, Forest Green Rovers, SC Paderborn and Lewes. Doesn't sound like a natural fit, does it?

Do I really care? In a word, no. It certainly would have been interesting to see Bale in a City shirt, no doubt about that, but I reckon the coming season is likely to be interesting enough anyway.