+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    Just looking at who owns LA FC. An insane list of names with huge wealth, fame and influence.

No contest really.

https://www.lafc.com/club/ownership
    Tan was involved in the beginning but has since sold his shares.

Dead to me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Dead to me
    I'm just off out to draw a big cock on his Mural in Whitchurch Village.

I wonder if Bale's decision will have any bearing on the alleged Ramsey transfer?

I think it's pretty poor tactics feel City have been used by player and agent not about the money lol.

Hopefully we can move on without players like Bale detracting from the next development of our youngsters, always felt uneasy with a huge name in a dressing room, and the ability to be as one as a unit ...
    ??

What this saga DID do, if there was ever any truth to it of course, was give us some
    genuine (and ultimately misplaced) excitement alongside a series of free signings, many of whom I have never heard of.

Oh well……

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm just off out to draw a big cock on his Mural in Whitchurch Village.
    It's already under way..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So the Yanks can nobble him before the WC rather than the English Championship defenders.
    Nailed on bounty on his head, hopefully he stays off the pitch until after the world cup. After that, they can do what they like to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I wonder if Bale's decision will have any bearing on the alleged Ramsey transfer?
    I can see Rambo wanting to come home, he actually has ties tour club

I wish Bale well.

Makes sense for his fitness.

MLS season finishes on October 9. MLS Cup Final on November 5 (if LA FC make it) 16 days before World Cup begins and a week before the Championship ends.

Plenty of time for Bale to prepare for Qatar. (And climate in LA more suited to the temperature in Qatar!)

They are top of the league and likely to play from now through to November. Lovely warm weather and a chance to look at the opposition. Bit worried about being nobbled by the Yanks but you can’t blame the guy. Just very disappointing and we could have done without all the hype and the will he won’t he. A lot will feel let down.

I’d like to think we were in the running right up to the death. He dismissed Getafe in a heartbeat, if he was of the opinion that a move to us was out of the question I’m sure he’d have put us out of our misery. Whilst not knowing him personally we’ve all followed his career, his interviews etc quite closely. He doesn’t come across as the type who’d string someone along, he just doesn’t. An outside influence/reason maybe at play here, a reason why he hasn’t signed for any UK club (he’s no doubt had offers). A multi millionaire moving countries for employment reasons may have a few implications, HMRC for one. Perhaps keeping away from employment in the UK is a factor, a huge financial factor that couldn’t be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They are top of the league and likely to play from now through to November. Lovely warm weather and a chance to look at the opposition. Bit worried about being nobbled by the Yanks but you can’t blame the guy. Just very disappointing and we could have done without all the hype and the will he won’t he. A lot will feel let down.
    Might be a slight over reaction but I actually think he is the biggest twat in the universe. Tbf I still can't look at Kieffer either. Hopefully Rambo doesn't snub us too otherwise the world cup is going to be hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Not too disappointed. The season would have revolved around him at a time when SM is bedding in a new team. Yes it would have been great to have a world class player in our team but at least now there are no distractions.
    That's about my take on it aswell.

Might be a slight over reaction but I actually think he is the biggest twat in the universe. Tbf I still can't look at Kieffer either. Hopefully Rambo doesn't snub us too otherwise the world cup is going to be hard work.
    Can't agree more ..

He knew he must know he was raising the fans of City falsely in my view ..

Very poor form ..

And to say it wasn't about money or level he played at makes even worse ..

Money talks folks ...

He could have played for nothing and got back the value in tax credit ..

Signed with LA til 2023, he’ll need somewhere to go in August 2023 for a year to see him through to Euro 2024…

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Can't agree more ..

He knew he must know he was raising the fans of City falsely in my view ..

Very poor form ..

And to say it wasn't about money or level he played at makes even worse ..

Money talks folks ...

He could have played for nothing and got back the value in tax credit ..
    Tbf the MLS is lower than championship standard so he's partly right.

Tbf the MLS is lower than championship standard so he's partly right.
    Did you watch Cardiff City play last season?

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Everybody says he's such a nice bloke, but personally, I think he's a plick. There's been weeks and weeks of speculation about him joining the Bluebirds. He was quick enough to say he was joining Getafe. If he had an respect for our club and our supporters he could have nipped the rumours in the bud at the very beginning as he obviously had no intention of joining Cardiff City.
    Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    judas
    Calm down, it was always a long shot and it's not like he owes us anything

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Did you watch Cardiff City play last season?

Do you watch much MLS?

Glory hunter, they’re top of the league. He’s looking to add an America’s Champions League to his 5 European.

Ralls or Bale a tough decision

I, for one, will never drink in Elevens and that includes a retrospective shun, since I've never been there. Good day!

Do you watch much MLS?
    None. But in terms of quality, the Championship was utter garbage last season. That much I know.

I hope he’s on a South Wales golf course at this very moment, stranded from shelter

I wanted it to happen as i love carnage and stories. Would have been a monumental boost.

However my head says this is probably for the best. Weve got a new squad in and bale would have been a huge huge distraction. He would only have come for the world cup.

Maybe he will finish his career with us? Who knows. Personally id rather we got the world cup out the way then if he wants to come and give his all after then lets have it. Seeing him just make the odd sub appearance or be pulled off on 50 mins still looking pretty fresh when we are 2 down at home would have made things turn pretty sour pretty quickly i fear (look at the threads on this board for evidence. Lol). and the pressure would have been ridiculous.

In the calm of the summer everyone can day they would have accepted any conditions to get him but in reality during games and the season i couldn't see people sticking to that. He would have to perform consistently or the fans would let him have it. Just the way it is.
    Best for all this he goes to the MLS i think.