Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    judas
    hardly

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    None. But in terms of quality, the Championship was utter garbage last season. That much I know.
    Oh you need to give it a watch, the standard of finishing makes it look like the goals are 3 foot wide sometimes. Games are either walking pace or end to end and error strewn. It's certainly a step up on the a-league in Australia but the MLS is basically a safe space for South Americans who can't make it in any league in Europe.

Can't see anything in any of the stories citing any official source confirming it mind, and some even broke the story as "Bale agrees" only to replace it later with "Bale mulling over"

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Can't see anything in any of the stories citing any official source confirming it mind, and some even broke the story as "Bale agrees" only to replace it later with "Bale mulling over"

Lol
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ssage-24324011

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So the Yanks can nobble him before the WC rather than the English Championship defenders.
    Interesting to see that only 7 out field players of the last US squad play in the MLS. Their squad is scattered across 11 different leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I, for one, will never drink in Elevens and that includes retrospectively, since I've never been there. Good day!
    Here we go, another boycotter, will you be telling everyone about it in 15 years time how you haven't put a penny in Bales coffers and won't ever be going to Elevens till Bale leaves and then rush online to post when Bale tweets he has had a bad day on the golf course

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Oh you need to give it a watch, the standard of finishing makes it look like the goals are 3 foot wide sometimes. Games are either walking pace or end to end and error strewn.
    Should suit Bale down to the ground then. He’s looked well off the pace in recent internationals. A few months lording it over the MLS in warm weather could do him the world of good.

I still prefer cut and dried confirmation with clarification over which official source
    it's come from - the actual player or representative (rather than "Dalman said this on being told" -(who was telling Dalman?)) but I'm not under any true illusion that it doesnt seem like that is the death knell for our chances; and of course knew it was highly unlikely in the first place.

His own decision if he's decided it - I wouldn't have chosen it - he'll be just another one to the Americans - another aged galatico on a final pay day, while, even if already at superstar status here, this could have turned it up yet another dial and given the club some real propulsion - place would have been like Disneyland had been built in town. What a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Here we go, another boycotter, will you be telling everyone about it in 15 years time how you haven't put a penny in Bales coffers and won't ever be going to Elevens till Bale leaves and then rush online to post when Bale tweets he has had a bad day on the golf course
    Get that fella in from the RMT he’ll organise a good boycott

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Whoosh

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Whoosh
    no whooosh I can assure you

Championship football is recognised as one of the most competitive leagues in the world ..

MLS is where greedy waining skilled players flock too its footcan at times look very ordinary will lots of stupid razzmatazz to.beef up the day which lacks the quality and intensity that the championship delivers ..

Should fit nicely for Bale and his steady football needs

On another note, has he ever gone on record as saying Cardiff are his team because I haven’t seen anything.

OK so now that's all over let's move on to the important signings still to come, our attack needs strengthening asap

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    On another note, has he ever gone on record as saying Cardiff are his team because I haven’t seen anything.
    I think there was a Sky piece with him and Rodon briefly ribbing each other about Cardiff and Swansea, but that’s all I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Yeah he's been in one of those video features - let's go through a rack of shirts that mean something to you - and among them was I think our 1993 shirt, and he talks about always checking for our score etc, pretty sure he calls himself a fan in that, but sure some would say it's not convincing.

https://youtu.be/8jp4FVPLW7o

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Tan was involved in the beginning but has since sold his shares.
    Half his shares! Still owns 10% I think, so maybe a loan deal!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I think there was a Sky piece with him and Rodon briefly ribbing each other about Cardiff and Swansea, but that’s all I can remember.
    In that he said he was a Cardiff fan, but I think it was just to wind up Rodon.

good luck to gareth bale football is a short career get rich and get out, do you really blame him he's looking after his family.you or i would do the same. football has no loyalty ask any pro player.

Nah this was a prick move. He didn’t need to string us along for three weeks. Maybe it took that long for him to realise he’s past it. Twat.

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    good luck to gareth bale football is a short career get rich and get out, do you really blame him he's looking after his family.you or i would do the same. football has no loyalty ask any pro player.
    Yeah. He would have struggled financially like all of us with the cost of living crisis. Dont blame him. Poor bloke has to feed his kids after his 400k a week contract has expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    In that he said he was a Cardiff fan, but I think it was just to wind up Rodon.
    The only way Bale would've sign for us was if the club could persuade him we were seriously signing players to make a Promotion challenge. Alas our signings are a cover to reduce wages in the hope of not getting relegated. Bale would've been completely barking to agree to such a deal. We are literally turning into Millwall, signing bale yeah right.

He definitely shouldn't get away with claiming that money had nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    He definitely shouldn't get away with claiming that money had nothing to do with it.
    It's being reported that his contract will be subject to the MLS salary cap, so it does seem that it really isn't about the money.