+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Things like Gareth Bale 100% wants to sign for Cardiff City dont help as it draws in our most gullible fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's being reported that his contract will be subject to the MLS salary cap, so it does seem that it really isn't about the money.
    Well I'm done then because this just doesn't make any sense. How on earth is being in America good for the world cup prep of him or more importantly the rest of the squad. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Things like Gareth Bale 100% wants to sign for Cardiff City dont help as it draws in our most gullible fans.
    Nothing gullible about it. We’ve seen it before with Bellamy (not quite Bale status I know) but on the face of it the option looked strong. Bale and the media haven’t helped things. Bale was cryptic with his “not about money” “ next move will shock the world” bullshit. In the end he’s gone to the MLS for prestige and money over anything else which isn’t a shock at all. The media have fallen for it hook line and sinker. Very disappointing as it would have been massive for our club

Has Bales's move to the MLS been confirmed? Is everyone focussed solely on the Athletic and Wales Online articles? The Mail (which is normally very good for Sports coverage) states Bale is in talks but hasn't actually confirmed he has signed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ion-offer.html

I'm probably (almost certainly) clutching at straws here but everything I've read does not provide absolute confirmation. For all I know the story could have originated from Los Angeles FC in similar fashion to the rubbish spouted by officials at Gestafe.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Nothing gullible about it. We’ve seen it before with Bellamy (not quite Bale status I know) but on the face of it the option looked strong. Bale and the media haven’t helped things. Bale was cryptic with his “not about money” “ next move will shock the world” bullshit. In the end he’s gone to the MLS for prestige and money over anything else which isn’t a shock at all. The media have fallen for it hook line and sinker. Very disappointing as it would have been massive for our club
    No it is gullible.

Bale 100% wants to sign for City.

Complete and utter bollox.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No it is gullible.

Bale 100% wants to sign for City.

Complete and utter bollox.
    Know this for a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Has Bales's move to the MLS been confirmed? Is everyone focussed solely on the Athletic and Wales Online articles? The Mail (which is normally very good for Sports coverage) states Bale is in talks but hasn't actually confirmed he has signed.

I'm probably (almost certainly) clutching at straws here but everything I've read does not provide absolute confirmation. For all I know the story could have originated from Los Angeles FC in similar fashion to the rubbish spouted by officials at Gestafe.
    Indeed, they first broke it reporting that he had agreed a move:-
    IMG-20220625-WA0000.jpg

It changed 15-20 mins later:-
    Screenshot_20220625-174331_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Dalman has wished bale all the best? That would the biggest double bluff of all time 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    He won’t be going for the money as he’s not a nominated player, most he’ll be on is 700k a year. If he wanted money he’d have gone somewhere else.

It’ll be a lifestyle decision and I can’t say I blame him tbh.
    aye...who the feck..if they had the choice would live in cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Dalman has wished bale all the best? That would the biggest double bluff of all time 😂😂
    All I could see in that report was it being said that on being told of it, Dalman was very very respectful, according to Paul Abbandonato. It did not say however who had been the one telling it to Dalman - for all the piece gave it could be taken that it was Paul Abbandonato doing the updating to Dalman of unsubstaniated reports and asking for his reaction to what they were reporting to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Know this for a fact?
    Well we will find out very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    judas
    Couldn't agree more, I never thought I'd see the day that one of our own joins our great rivals Los Angeles FC

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    All I could see in that report was it being said that on being told of it, Dalman was very very respectful, according to Paul Abbandonato. It did not say however who had been the one telling it to Dalman - for all the piece gave it could be taken that it was Paul Abbandonato doing the updating to Dalman of unsubstaniated reports and asking for his reaction to what they were reporting to be the case.
    This from the Wales on line article

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said upon learning of Bale's decision on Saturday: "We wish Gareth the very best, want to see him get fit and do well for Wales at the World Cup.

"We hope he plays really well and that Wales also do well as a result.

"Gareth will always be welcome back home whenever he wants. He'd always be welcome at Cardiff whenever he feels it's his time."

Seems like a direct quote to me so seems strange if the news isn't true but if there is hope so be it but for I'm glad this is done as its been a drag
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 25-06-22 at 19:31. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    Gareth Bale is off to the US - not Cardiff.

https://nation.cymru/sport/gareth-ba...os-angeles-fc/
    No surprise. This is what fading stars do. I remember in the late 1970s watching Rodney Marsh play in the old North American Soccer League. It's a good standard, with good crowds and excellent money.

Cardiff chairman Mehmet Dalman said upon learning of Bale's decision on Saturday: "We wish Gareth the very best, want to see him get fit and do well for Wales at the World Cup.

"Gareth will always be welcome back home whenever he wants. He'd always be welcome at Cardiff whenever he feels it's his time."

Seems like a direct quote to me?
    My point being - how did he learn it? Why didn't they explain who he had learned it from?("upon learning of it from Bale/his agent" it does not say) Not one story today has provided official confirmation directly from Bale or his representatives of the said decision, and those saying something was agreed have since revised to say he is mulling over an offer.

Essentially what is clear is things still aren't any clearer than they were yesterday or the day before - he's mulling over a MLS offer, we knew that already.

How WO report it leaves it open to consideration that Wales Online were the ones Dalman was doing the learning from, and while the headline they have ran with states City issue a classy response to Bale, I would say more likely is they issued said response to Wales Online on the phone, rather than to Bale himself.

It's the young kids who are the future who I feel sorry for

Imagine the excitement that youngsters locally would have had going down the football .....our club ......to see Gareth Bale ......

What a poor show from certain people , including Bale

I hope Ramsey signs and I think the manager and the players deserve a real crack at things this season

Poncey Alice band bollocks

The guilty parties

Wales Online
    Abbadonato
    BBC Wales
    Bale and his agent

Dirty stinking business

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The guilty parties

Wales Online
    Abbadonato
    BBC Wales
    Bale and his agent

Dirty stinking business
    what should Bale have done differently?

The guilty parties

Wales Online
    Abbadonato
    BBC Wales
    Bale and his agent

Dirty stinking business
    Add to the list people who track private planes flying from Spain to Cardiff and anyone who puts 2 and 2 together and gets 5.

Seems like a direct quote to me so seems strange if the news isn't true but if there is hope so be it but for I'm glad this is done as its been a drag
    Not mad on this quote from Dalman. If Bale ever plays for CCFC is has to be cos it’s good for CCFC not Bale.

He’s a Welsh legend and fair play but he is not bigger than the club

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Told the press straight away he wasn't interested in coming to CCFC and he was looking to a move to a premiership club ......and none were interested

And that's it

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Not mad on this quote from Dalman. If Bale ever plays for CCFC is has to be cos it’s good for CCFC not Bale.

He’s a Welsh legend and fair play but he is not bigger than the club
    I wouldn't want him back now , he's nailed his colours so that's the way it is

35 and taking an occasional free kick ?

It's a free country , he's made his decision and it's fine for CCFC fans to have their say too

We are not going to all agree but I think it's rotten , especially for young kids who would have flocked to have seen him , even late in his career

Rotten business

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Told the press straight away he wasn't interested in coming to CCFC and he was looking to a move to a premiership club ......and none were interested

And that's it
    If we are to believe that the decision has been made and it made its way out to the press today, then you could say, that could have been done differently. Quite surprising to have to believe that he, knowing the emotions and hopes evoked among his home town, would let the club know through Paul Abbandonato phoning up Dalman and saying what do you say to these stories saying it's understood according to reports that he has agreed a deal with LAFC? You could say of course, that would be a bit unusual for a missed transfer target to address fans disappointment, but that would ignore that this is rather unique circumstances.

(This isn't to say I'm thinking he is coming here or not going to MLS. I believe we have real tough opposition from MLS and the decision may have already been made - most likely is that he won't come, but some things aren't adding up with the way the story spilled out today as an absolute agreement had been made only for it to be walked back and stories amended to say he is mulling over an offer - it definately wouldn't be the first story on Gareth to have made it to the press as being official only for him to laugh about it days later.)

I hope he makes an effort to learn the language this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I hope he makes an effort to learn the language this time.
    Is Mexican similar to Spanish?