+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gareth Bale chooses to play in the MLS

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    We were definately in a privileged position to be considered an option, he's never talked down Cardiff City or did he rule us out of the reckoning and that's pleasant.

I've got no problem mind on the face of it the with people being disappointed that the hope that a long, long held speculation that he as a Cardiff lad may want one day to come and play his final days at Cardiff appears dead. No shame in wishing for a hero from our home town as wedded to the cause of Cardiff City and passionate about it as we are. Definate shame to turn to hatred towards him if anyone is mind, think that should be agreed, but a mistake to read disappointment as hatred or getting shitty in all cases.
    Fair enough

Thank goodness......

I always said that Rambo is more likely to finish up his career here, he actually has real ties to our club

whilst Bale would have been great to watch, world class free kicks, inspiring youngsters ( both on and off the field ) and got the world talking about the old " roy of the rovers stuff " Bale doesn't really have a lot of ties to us, sure he comes from Cardiff , but thats about it, its a shame, would have been great to have seen him play for us while he still has some sort of legs

Now lets get Rambo signed up for 1 season and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I always said that Rambo is more likely to finish up his career here, he actually has real ties to our club

whilst Bale would have been great to watch, world class free kicks, inspiring youngsters ( both on and off the field ) and got the world talking about the old " roy of the rovers stuff " Bale doesn't really have a lot of ties to us, sure he comes from Cardiff , but thats about it, its a shame, would have been great to have seen him play for us while he still has some sort of legs

Now lets get Rambo signed up for 1 season and enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is CCFC
    Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.������
    its been entertaining for 2 weeks though

Lets not repeat the circus with Ramsey.😂😂😂
    No “It’s Happening 2” thread?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ive jumped, its on

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Ive jumped, its on
    Rambo 2: It’s gotta happen……sounds like a good movie

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Thank goodness......
    Agreed, he shouldn't be anywhere near lower half championship football. It would be embarrassing, and a bigger fall from grace than when Geoffrey Hayes, the presenter from Rainbow ended up stacking shelves in B+Q after falling on hard times.

I wish him well in whatever he does as he seems a decent family orientated bloke, I remember he had his whole family at his Real Madrid signing which said a lot to me

But that twitter video looks certainly looks like it was filmed at the Hensol Training ground.
    Not a great choice for his ‘unveiling’ considering all the media hype IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    I wish him well in whatever he does as he seems a decent family orientated bloke, I remember he had his whole family at his Real Madrid signing which said a lot to me

But that twitter video looks certainly looks like it was filmed at the Hensol Training ground.
    Not a great choice for his ‘unveiling’ considering all the media hype IMO
    If it was filmed at Hensol, I wonder when it was????

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agreed, he shouldn't be anywhere near lower half championship football. It would be embarrassing, and a bigger fall from grace than when Geoffrey Hayes, the presenter from Rainbow ended up stacking shelves in B+Q after falling on hard times.
    But aren't many of the MLS teams lower half championship or even league 1 standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    But aren't many of the MLS teams lower half championship or even league 1 standard?
    I dont follow the MLS but yeah I dont think he should be playing in the Championship due to the standard holds up.

The highlights ive seen I get the impression that a lot of clubs play on artificial surfaces. I hope thats not the case.

Theres also been mention of him having lumps kicked out of him in the Championship as if its some sort of cloggers league.

Apart from a few teams (us for example) most play decent football.

I think the MLS will be far easier for him though. Nicer climate , almost certainly will add more to his wealth.

Hes made the decision which is best for him.

Just wished hed ruled us out the same time as he did with Getafe.

Bungle, George and Zippy didn't lift a finger to help Geoffrey and they were f*cking minted. It's very similar to Bale v CCFC imo and I don't appreciate you dragging them into it because I f*cking loved Rainbow and you've now triggered PTSD flashbacks! That's my day ruined!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Bungle, George and Zippy didn't lift a finger to help Geoffrey and they were f*cking minted. It's very similar to Bale v CCFC imo and I don't appreciate you dragging them into it because I f*cking loved Rainbow and you've now triggered PTSD flashbacks! That's my day ruined!
    Rainbow was Ace! Bungle was the best, although a bit of a shit house grass in getting Zippy into trouble with Geoffrey. He'd walk around bollock naked in the house but wear bathers when they went to the beach.

Rainbow was Ace! Bungle was the best, although a bit of a shit house grass in getting Zippy into trouble with Geoffrey. He'd walk around bollock naked in the house but wear bathers when they went to the beach.
    Never meet your plushie heroes!

Attachment 4966

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Never meet your plushie heroes!

Attachment 4966
    Proper kids TV.

Who gives a shit. Bale didn't say anything that linked him with us, not once. We may have been an option in his mind, but an option is all we were, thinking about it, we are in a privileged position to be considered an option. Grown men getting shitty like they've not got an invite to a party is rather funny though.
    Plenty of people give a shit , obviously 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Plenty of people give a shit , obviously 🙄
    To the point of entitlement for some people.

I dont follow the MLS but yeah I dont think he should be playing in the Championship due to the standard holds up.

The highlights ive seen I get the impression that a lot of clubs play on artificial surfaces. I hope thats not the case.

Theres also been mention of him having lumps kicked out of him in the Championship as if its some sort of cloggers league.

Apart from a few teams (us for example) most play decent football.

I think the MLS will be far easier for him though. Nicer climate , almost certainly will add more to his wealth.

Hes made the decision which is best for him.

Just wished hed ruled us out the same time as he did with Getafe.
    I thought the Getafe stuff was him just engaging in a bit of word play, as in - who's going to get taffy?

was this filmed at the vale ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    was this filmed at the vale ?

looks like, its getting late looking at the lights on the building, so at least he had the decency to do it almost under the cover of darkness

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    No, they're MLS standard.

No, they're MLS standard.

Well of course, but how does MLS compare to other leagues such as our Championship and League 1, Bundeslig 2 etc

I saw something which suggested that LA Galaxy would be around 8th in the championship and other MLS clubs would be anywhere from there to mid league 1 but I didn't check what year it was written and I can't be bother searching for it again