+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul McCartney At Glastonbury

Re: Paul McCartney At Glastonbury

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Outstanding wasn't he? I've always been more of a John Lennon fan but his set was unbelievable.
    First time I saw him was at Wembley Arena when Linda was in his band and when he came on stage and broke into Can't Buy Me Love the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. A feeling I will never forget. I was a Lennon fan too but I much preferred Paul as a solo artist.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you agree with Charlotte Church is getting better with age ?
    She's certainly more fanciable now than when she was 10.

I grew up in the 1960's and it's fair to say I'm a huge Beatles fan. I've even seen them live. I even liked Wings! There is no doubt that Macca is is one of the greats - mainly for his membership of the Beatles and his song writing but not for his singing. His Glastonbury set was OK ish for me. But his singing was a bit off but was partly disguised by the fact he was surrounded by talented musicians who could also sing. Frankly I was underwhelmed. However, for me the most disappointing performance of Glastonbury was Diana Ross who spent the entire set singing out of tune. There goes another legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I grew up in the 1960's and it's fair to say I'm a huge Beatles fan. I've even seen them live. I even liked Wings! There is no doubt that Macca is is one of the greats - mainly for his membership of the Beatles and his song writing but not for his singing. His Glastonbury set was OK ish for me. But his singing was a bit off but was partly disguised by the fact he was surrounded by talented musicians who could also sing. Frankly I was underwhelmed. However, for me the most disappointing performance of Glastonbury was Diana Ross who spent the entire set singing out of tune. There goes another legend.
    I don't think Diana Ross was a legend

A few good songs

But never a stevie wonder , Bowie, beatles , led zep , Bob marley etc

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think Diana Ross was a legend

A few good songs

But never a stevie wonder , Bowie, beatles , led zep , Bob marley etc
    I think she is. She was huge in the 1960's with the Supremes and as a solo artist even bigger. She has headlined acts for the last 50 years and more and rightly she was given star billing at Glastonbury. However, her performance at Glastonbury was abysmal. It is said there were technical issues but I for one don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I think she is. She was huge in the 1960's with the Supremes and as a solo artist even bigger. She has headlined acts for the last 50 years and more and rightly she was given star billing at Glastonbury. However, her performance at Glastonbury was abysmal. It is said there were technical issues but I for one don't believe it.
    That's as maybe but she's one of the worst penalty takers of all time !