+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ciaron Brown to Oxford - 2 year deal

Ciaron Brown to Oxford - 2 year deal

https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news...-ciaron-brown/

CIARON Brown has completed a permanent move to Oxford United, following a loan spell with the club last season.

The Northern Ireland defender joined the U’s from Cardiff City in January and grew stronger as the loan went on, playing at both centre half and left back.

The 24-year-old was released by Cardiff earlier this month, after making 19 appearances in four and a half seasons in south Wales.

He was loaned to United on January transfer deadline day, playing 13 times for Karl Robinson’s side, scoring once.

After joining the U’s on a two-year deal, Brown said: “It feels good, it’s nice to be back.

“I enjoyed my time at the end of last season so I’m more than happy to be here now.

“It doesn’t feel like I’m signing, it feels like I’m coming back for pre-season because I’ve been here since January anyway.

“I bought into what the club is all about and how the team like to play and I loved my time here.

“The fans were excellent and I’m looking forward to playing my part in a successful season.”

Re: Ciaron Brown to Oxford - 2 year deal

Hope he does well, did his best, glad he turned the MLS down

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.witneygazette.co.uk/news...-ciaron-brown/

CIARON Brown has completed a permanent move to Oxford United, following a loan spell with the club last season.

The Northern Ireland defender joined the U’s from Cardiff City in January and grew stronger as the loan went on, playing at both centre half and left back.

The 24-year-old was released by Cardiff earlier this month, after making 19 appearances in four and a half seasons in south Wales.

He was loaned to United on January transfer deadline day, playing 13 times for Karl Robinson’s side, scoring once.

After joining the U’s on a two-year deal, Brown said: “It feels good, it’s nice to be back.

“I enjoyed my time at the end of last season so I’m more than happy to be here now.

“It doesn’t feel like I’m signing, it feels like I’m coming back for pre-season because I’ve been here since January anyway.

“I bought into what the club is all about and how the team like to play and I loved my time here.

“The fans were excellent and I’m looking forward to playing my part in a successful season.”
    Very limited player, certainly not up to Championship standards.

I might be wrong because there were so many of them, but I think Ciaron Brown was the only one out of the tens, possibly a hundred, of trialists who played for the under 23s under Warnock to play for the first team.

Good luck to him, he’s playing for a good League One side and has won international caps, not bad for someone we signed from Wealdstone wasn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I might be wrong because there were so many of them, but I think Ciaron Brown was the only one out of the tens, possibly a hundred, of trialists who played for the under 23s under Warnock to play for the first team.

Good luck to him, he’s playing for a good League One side and has won international caps, not bad for someone we signed from Wealdstone wasn’t it?
    He's shit and he's got no fans.

If you want some.....I'll give it ya....wanna deal with me?

His first match could be v. Derby. Good luck to the lad.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    He's shit and he's got no fans.

If you want some.....I'll give it ya....wanna deal with me?
    No, I take it all back, it’s only Ciaron Brown after all.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, I take it all back, it’s only Ciaron Brown after all.
    tbf, Brown didn't join Wealdstone until three years after the Raider made his on-line debut. Whether that influenced his decision I can't say

And that's magic!