+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Dylan Levitt - possible loan deal?

Dylan Levitt - possible loan deal?

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...nsfer-24327160

Cardiff City could hijack Dundee United's plans to bring Dylan Levitt back to Tannadice.

The Bluebirds are reportedly keen on signing the 21-year-old on loan from Manchester United, which could scupper Jack Ross' hopes. Wales international Levitt enjoyed a stunning year in Tayside last season, plundering six goals in 29 games for the Terrors.

United sporting director Tony Asghar revealed the club are in talks with Old Trafford chiefs about a fresh loan deal. New Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is ready to sanction a temporary deal for the youngster, and the Terrors hope to convince the Premier League giants that Levitt's development would be best suited in Scotland. However, Levitt's head could be turned by the chance to play Championship football down south, while also returning to his homeland.

The 12-times capped playmaker is desperate to book his place on the plane to Qatar for the World Cup and knows he must play regular first-team football. Cardiff could prove an attractive proposition but his pathway will likely be decided by Man United.

Asghar hopes Levitt's progress at Dundee United, where he won the club's Player of the Year, could put the Europa Conference League hopefuls in the driving seat for his signature.

He said: “We really liked Dylan last year, we’re still interested and talks are ongoing. He’s just got another year with Manchester United and he’s got a World Cup to aim for, to try and get into the Wales squad.

“Dylan is a player who fits into our system. He is well liked by all of the players and loved by the fans. So yes, we are still trying to see if we can do something there. Jack likes the player. When you bring a new manager in, you have to run the list of targets past him.

“With Jack, I think we know we are on the right track with targets. When you see Levitt and the influence he had, especially in the second half of the season, he is a player we would like at Dundee United.

“But right now, he is a Manchester United player. We are speaking to them and they know our feelings. Dylan is a player we would like to have but it’s going to take United and ourselves to come to an agreement.”

Re: Dylan Levitt - possible loan deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/s...nsfer-24327160

Cardiff City could hijack Dundee United's plans to bring Dylan Levitt back to Tannadice.

The Bluebirds are reportedly keen on signing the 21-year-old on loan from Manchester United, which could scupper Jack Ross' hopes. Wales international Levitt enjoyed a stunning year in Tayside last season, plundering six goals in 29 games for the Terrors.

United sporting director Tony Asghar revealed the club are in talks with Old Trafford chiefs about a fresh loan deal. New Red Devils boss Erik ten Hag is ready to sanction a temporary deal for the youngster, and the Terrors hope to convince the Premier League giants that Levitt's development would be best suited in Scotland. However, Levitt's head could be turned by the chance to play Championship football down south, while also returning to his homeland.

The 12-times capped playmaker is desperate to book his place on the plane to Qatar for the World Cup and knows he must play regular first-team football. Cardiff could prove an attractive proposition but his pathway will likely be decided by Man United.

Asghar hopes Levitt's progress at Dundee United, where he won the club's Player of the Year, could put the Europa Conference League hopefuls in the driving seat for his signature.

He said: “We really liked Dylan last year, we’re still interested and talks are ongoing. He’s just got another year with Manchester United and he’s got a World Cup to aim for, to try and get into the Wales squad.

“Dylan is a player who fits into our system. He is well liked by all of the players and loved by the fans. So yes, we are still trying to see if we can do something there. Jack likes the player. When you bring a new manager in, you have to run the list of targets past him.

“With Jack, I think we know we are on the right track with targets. When you see Levitt and the influence he had, especially in the second half of the season, he is a player we would like at Dundee United.

“But right now, he is a Manchester United player. We are speaking to them and they know our feelings. Dylan is a player we would like to have but it’s going to take United and ourselves to come to an agreement.”
    I’d like this to be true, but are we really after another central midfielder?

I would have thought a creative midfielder on loan will be signed. I was hoping for Doyle.

Ive only seen Levitt in significant game time once. That Wales game the other day. Thought he was very disappointing.

Then again Man U have extended his deal so I presume hes much better than what he showed that day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d like this to be true, but are we really after another central midfielder?
    They're all a bit samey, though. Although after watching Levitt play for Wales recently, I'm not convinced. Decent chance he was still pissed though

Find it strange he went to Dundee on loan and not applying his trade at a Championship side, surely they didn't outbid those sides for his services , his senior game time is very low for a 21 year old , outside of his Dundee loan where he got in 25 games, he only appeared 7 times for Croation side Istra1961 and 3 times for Charlton .. , hasn't had a senior appearance for Man U , during a period where Utd have blooded a lot of youngster's?

Think we’ve got enough deep lying midfielders now. Need someone with some creativity in attacking midfield as currently only have 1 option there and Morison for some reason doesn’t really fancy him

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Think we’ve got enough deep lying midfielders now. Need someone with some creativity in attacking midfield as currently only have 1 option there and Morison for some reason doesn’t really fancy him
    I thought his natural role is further forward. This assessment gives an idea of his potential as a 21 year old.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ressed-3681459

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought his natural role is further forward. This assessment gives an idea of his potential as a 21 year old.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...ressed-3681459
    I thought he was ball playing CM rather than a creative AM

Yeah looks like he's almost always played as a CM

Labels I guess. He is certainly not a deep lying midfielder as we certainly have at lest three of those. If you take Ralls and King as more progressive mids, and Colwell fitting into a different formation then three in there after Pack. Bacuna and Vaulks have gone doesn't look out of it!

Labels I guess. He is certainly not a deep lying midfielder as we certainly have at lest three of those. If you take Ralls and King as more progressive mids, and Colwell fitting into a different formation then three in there after Pack. Bacuna and Vaulks have gone doesn't look out of it!
    He doesn't push on for Wales, he always plays part of the deeper 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He doesn't push on for Wales, he always plays part of the deeper 2.
    You make it sound like Wales play with two sitters. He is no Kante that's for sure. He did play in the Joe Allen role and was tops vs Poland away. As I said he was the weakest link in the Holland home game. He pushes on for Dundee Utd and with the players gone plus Tommy Doyle we need someone in a Ralls like role. It could be all puffn'stuff but we could do a lot worse.

You make it sound like Wales play with two sitters. He is no Kante that's for sure. He did play in the Joe Allen role and was tops vs Poland away. As I said he was the weakest link in the Holland home game. He pushes on for Dundee Utd and with the players gone plus Tommy Doyle we need someone in a Ralls like role. It could be all puffn'stuff but we could do a lot worse.
    Often they play with two sitters and let the front 3 and the wing backs act as the 5 attacking players. I've never been sold on Levitt. He was God awful against Holland, too. He was all set to go to Derby, I think that's his level at the moment. He gives the ball away all the time. I'd much rather have Morrell but he definitely isn't what we need. Better player than Levitt, though. He is definitely not an attacking player. He also mainly played as a holding 2 in front of Dundee United's back 3. He is a deep lying playmaker, he is not what we need. At all.

Often they play with two sitters and let the front 3 and the wing backs act as the 5 attacking players. I've never been sold on Levitt. He was God awful against Holland, too. He was all set to go to Derby, I think that's his level at the moment. He gives the ball away all the time. I'd much rather have Morrell but he definitely isn't what we need. Better player than Levitt, though. He is definitely not an attacking player. He also mainly played as a holding 2 in front of Dundee United's back 3. He is a deep lying playmaker, he is not what we need. At all.
    I dislike this comparison stuff but Levitt is at least as good as Morrell now but 4 years younger. As I said he was tops in Poland but shit vs Holland. If we had to choose a season long loan between Levitt and Morrell I would take the former in a heartbeat.

It's all a game until anything happens I guess!

I dislike this comparison stuff but Levitt is at least as good as Morrell now but 4 years younger. As I said he was tops in Poland but shit vs Holland. If we had to choose a season long loan between Levitt and Morrell I would take the former in a heartbeat.

Loan deals we want someone who will improve us now. I'd take Levitt on a permanent deal, as he could turn out to be a good player, but I don't see him starting that often for us RN and we wouldn't see the benefit if he does increase in value with it being a loan.

Think this one is best levitt alone

Levitt isn’t going to help us win now. He’s not there yet. He’s also not what we need and I don’t think he suits what Morison wants. Levitt on loan would be a waste of everyone’s time, as would Morrell, who probably wouldn’t get in the side either. We need a goal scoring midfielder.

Levitt isn’t going to help us win now. He’s not there yet. He’s also not what we need and I don’t think he suits what Morison wants. Levitt on loan would be a waste of everyone’s time, as would Morrell, who probably wouldn’t get in the side either. We need a goal scoring midfielder.
    I'd take Will Vaulks over Morrell and I don't particularly rate Will Vaulks

Yeah but what does a goalscoring midfielder look like? Certainly not Tommy Doyle or Ryan Giles who have far worse goal scoring records than the 1 in 5 that Levitt got for Dundee United last season.

Signed permanently for Dundee Utd…. suspect not for a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Signed permanently for Dundee Utd…. suspect not for a lot of money
    Were we ever after him I wonder?