+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 107F in L.A. this week...

107F in L.A. this week...

...good luck, Gareth

Re: 107F in L.A. this week...

Playing the New York Red Bulls in 1minute. Don't know if it's on the UK, but I'm about to watch.

Sparse looking crowd.

Been watching it, very unimpressive

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Been watching it, very unimpressive
    Really? I think these two teams are at least mid-table Championship standard.

What were you expecting?

Some of the stuff has been parks football, very sloppy, heavy lunges, passes nowhere near the intended man with Vela being the only one on the pitch capable of anything decent and when he does create something noone is on the same wavelength to take advantage of it. Impressed by the noise of the crowd mind.

Pretty mediocre. Watched 20mins and didn’t see a shot on target. Very Cardiff City-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Pretty mediocre. Watched 20mins and didn’t see a shot on target. Very Cardiff City-esque.
    I think LA would have beaten us handily last season. Again, what is everyone expecting? It's widely documented that no team in MLS could make it in the EPL.

They're keeping the ball on the ground. There's no head tennis or long throws, and most of them seem comfortable on the ball. The only problem for me is they are somewhat naive a there's a lack of killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think LA would have beaten us handily last season. Again, what is everyone expecting? It's widely documented that no team in MLS could make it in the EPL.

They're keeping the ball on the ground. There's no head tennis or long throws, and most of them seem comfortable on the ball. The only problem for me is they are somewhat naive a there's a lack of killer instinct.
    It is what it is I wasn't expecting any better, and it does a good spirit and buzz about it but there was *plenty* of sub Championship football going on. Lots of falling over the ball and their legs, and bobbling passes with little pace - more like league one/two football featuring Carlos Vela and a big noisy crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Agree with much of NYC's comments, would add that there seems to be a lot of running involved on a very dry pitch.

As long as Bale gets up to speed sensibly the experience should do him a lot of good in preparation for November : not much in the way of tackling going on, time and space for someone of Bale's caliber, should be good shooting practice and wouldn't be surprised if he scores a shedload. His reactions and speed of thought should easily keep him out of trouble

Just a bit concerned if he's been carrying an injury (back?) for a long time as he's bound to want to impress and could easily overdo it in doing so.

Commentators at half time are saying Chielini and Bale will be unveiled on a televised game on 7th July.

Chielini might play but I'd be surprised if Bale will be ready after just a handful of games in the past 12 months

So many awful 1st touches - ball bouncing 10 feet away from the man on their attempt to control it.

I'm going to switch off, as I'm clearly not in the right mood to enjoy this! (but seriously it's painful as far as entertainment goes!)