+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The holiday thread

The holiday thread

Haven’t been abroad for three years so it’s about time to change that.

Valletta for a week in October
    Two weeks in Bali and Singapore end March next year.

Re: The holiday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Send your clothes out the week before

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Send your clothes out the week before
    That’s the downside but life is short and apart from live sport my money goes on travel and I haven’t done any for ages.

Porthcawl

You can forget Goa

Last time I went to Valetta Wales were playing

Some English tourists thought it would be a good idea to hang up Leeds and Shrewsbury flags next to the welsh dragons

But it ended up not being a very good idea really 😕

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Last time I went to Valetta Wales were playing

Some English tourists thought it would be a good idea to hang up Leeds and Shrewsbury flags next to the welsh dragons

But it ended up not being a very good idea really ��
    Never been there. What’s it like Sludge?

Bali one of my favourite places. Visited Seminyak, Ubud and Nusa Dua. Once you get there, really cheap to stay and the people are lovely. Have been hit really hard by the pandemic as they are so reliant on tourism.

Singapore also great for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Bali one of my favourite places. Visited Seminyak, Ubud and Nusa Dua. Once you get there, really cheap to stay and the people are lovely. Have been hit really hard by the pandemic as they are so reliant on tourism.

Singapore also great for a few days

We are staying for ten nights in Seminyak and want to do a couple of trips to Ubud. The trip is incredibly good value for money.
    Three nights in Singapore en route home.

We are staying for ten nights in Seminyak and want to do a couple of trips to Ubud. The trip is incredibly good value for money.
    Three nights in Singapore en route home.
    We went to bali before the pandemic - stunning place - we had a tour guide for the day with a driver - out for about 12 hours and he took us all over the place cost about £100 - brilliant day

Went to Hong Kong on the way back for four days during the protests and that was interesting

Superb people in both - genuinely nice people

House hunting next week in Malaga 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    We went to bali before the pandemic - stunning place - we had a tour guide for the day with a driver - out for about 12 hours and he took us all over the place cost about £100 - brilliant day

Went to Hong Kong on the way back for four days during the protests and that was interesting

Superb people in both - genuinely nice people

House hunting next week in Malaga ��
    Yep it’s just over £100 for a full day’s tour of the island. We want to do a jungle trip. We were thinking of Hong Kong but Singapore seemed the easier route back from Bali
    Is Malaga expensive?

Yep it’s just over £100 for a full day’s tour of the island. We want to do a jungle trip. We were thinking of Hong Kong but Singapore seemed the easier route back from Bali
    Is Malaga expensive?
    Really good value for property at the moment and Italy is the other place we are considering but going later in the year - would have been further down the road if it hadn't been for covid

I've got a week in Pontypool in August. It's all I can afford this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Really good value for property at the moment and Italy is the other place we are considering but going later in the year - would have been further down the road if it hadn't been for covid
    Where in Italy are you thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I've got a week in Pontypool in August. It's all I can afford this year.

We have been there. Two nights in a Devon pub was what we could afford at one time.

Where in Italy are you thinking of?
    Abruzzi and sardinia are the ones we are looking at visiting - never been to abruzzo but loved sardinia

Going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days at the end of the month, I’ve found the history of the place fascinating (when it was Salonica under the Ottomans). Then staying in a village in Chalkidiki for a week to soak up some sun and some Mythos. I cannot wait, just hope the airports don’t tuck us up.

I havnt been abroad for 20 years

I don't like the heat too much and when it was 27 the other week I really struggled

In the med in temperatures higher than that it would be a nightmare

The fuss of packing , passports and airports is also a pain in the arse

If we had the weather I would be happy staying where I am . Within 2 hours you can be in west Wales which is beautiful .

Scotland is fantastic but it's the 8 hour drive that puts me off .

Some people are happy with a week in Porthcawl . I can relate to that .

My dad’s holiday every year was a week in Porthcawl and he had wonderful memories of those holidays. When I was growing up we went to Cornwall every year. However you just cannot guarantee the weather and it is very expensive in the U.K.

We didn’t even bother going on our last holiday in the U.K. It was a weekend camping in Dorset. We had paid for it but the weather forecast was so bad we didn’t go. Our last actual holiday we went on in Devon was wet most of the time and the basic accommodation very expensive.

Before opening the thread I knew Sludge would be on saying Porthcawl and his dislike of foreign travel. Miserable fecker.😂😂😂😂

Valletta is a wonderful place. We were there last October. Fascinating history, great bars and restaurants, a favourite trip.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Valletta is a wonderful place. We were there last October. Fascinating history, great bars and restaurants, a favourite trip.
    That’s good to hear.

Singapore is my neck of the woods. Been here since 2011. Let me know if you have any questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Singapore is my neck of the woods. Been here since 2011. Let me know if you have any questions!
    Ooh yes please.
    We have three nights in Singapore. What are the best sights to see in that time. Any restaurant suggestions would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days at the end of the month, I’ve found the history of the place fascinating (when it was Salonica under the Ottomans). Then staying in a village in Chalkidiki for a week to soak up some sun and some Mythos. I cannot wait, just hope the airports don’t tuck us up.
    Lovely part of Greece. So much to see and discover. It'll be hot in early July. Have great time!

You lot were lucky. Sand pit in back garden for us kids and sometimes we were allowed to watch the ice-cream van on its way to Roath Park.