+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale's Sell on clause

Bale's Sell on clause

Depending on what article you read this morning, for signing Bale, LA have to pay either $40k or $75k to David Beckham's Inter Miami.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/ml...3a48b45e5.html

Re: Bale's Sell on clause

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Depending on what article you read this morning, for signing Bale, LA have to pay either $40k or $75k to David Beckham's Inter Miami.

Noticed the attendances over there aren’t great, Miami getting the worst in the league almost around 10k…..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

What a load of utter nonsense that article is. It makes no sense whatsoever. If LA have to pay Inter Miami, they would also have to pay every other club in the league as well surely ? Inter Miami have nothing whatsoever to do with his transfer. Well, I don't get it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a load of utter nonsense that article is. It makes no sense whatsoever. If LA have to pay Inter Miami, they would also have to pay every other club in the league as well surely ? Inter Miami have nothing whatsoever to do with his transfer. Well, I don't get it anyway.
    What a terrible name - Inter Miami

Plus, do they really know who Bale is ? They state that he has had a disappointing time at the Merengue (?!!) which is a type of Latin American dance as far as I can work out. If they mean at Real Madrid then I suggest they should look up what he won while he was there - disappointing , yeah right.

Why are you going mad about something you don’t even know about?

benefited David Beckham's Inter Miami, which received a compensation of $75,000, due to a rule implemented by MLS to regulate the signing of players from foreign leagues, called Discovery List.

Plus, do they really know who Bale is ? They state that he has had a disappointing time at the Merengue (?!!) which is a type of Latin American dance as far as I can work out. If they mean at Real Madrid then I suggest they should look up what he won while he was there - disappointing , yeah right.
    Food is an important part of Spanish life and it comes as no surprise that it should feature in relation to cub nicknames. Real Madrid CF being nicknamed the ‘Merengues’ (Meringues) is one of the best known examples.

While it seems obvious why Madrid were named after the French dessert, due to their all white kit, not everyone knows who came up with the phrase. It was the Spanish journalist Matis Prats Cañete who made it popular in his radio commentaries.

so MLS sides can "bagsy" foreign players on a list, and if anyone else signs them they get 75k.

weird rule, I wonder what the point of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    yeah "inter Miami" and "real salt lake" are ridiculous names

MLS clubs do have the best badges though

Is there a Boston Wednesday and Philadelphia Alexandra?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    New Plymouth Argyle

there's a sporting Kansas city

Orlando Academicals?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Orlando Academicals?
    having been to Orlando, that would seem to be a bit incongruous.

Many football names are daft. What about Abergavenny Thursdays for a club nearer home?.

Real Salt Lake is the most ridiculous. Seeing as we are a democratic republic, and next week we'll be celebrating the start of a war that rid us of George III.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Real Salt Lake is the most ridiculous. Seeing as we are a democratic republic, and next week we'll be celebrating the start of a war that rid us of George III.
    I'm guessing mmany of their fans don't know it means royal

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm guessing mmany of their fans don't know it means royal
    I think you guess correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I used to be inter miami vice.