+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey paid off, £4 Million

International

Ramsey paid off, £4 Million

Free to join us????

https://www.juvefc.com/juves-costly-...n-this-summer/

Juve’s costly mistake to set them back an extra €4Million this summer

Juventus are claimed to have agreed to pay €4 Million to end Aaron Ramsey’s contract early, further costing them for the excessive deal they agreed to sign him from Arsenal back in 2019.

The Wales international is now claimed to be on the lookout for a new club after haggling the Old Lady into paying him the fee to break his contract, with Juve claimed to have initially offered half that amount, Football.Italia reports.

It’s a shame that the midfielder’s bad luck with injuries continued for so long, as he’s clearly talented,but he couldn’t seem to stay fit for long enough to showcase that.

Paying the 4 Million makes sense given his salary would have cost an extra 10 Million euros on top of that, and it seems unlikely he would have featured for us this season even if he could stay fit.

Paul Pogba is set to join on a free transfer from Man United, while we have a number of youngsters set to challenge Denis Zakaria and Manuel Locatelli for first-team roles, and the Welshman would just be an unnecessary squad member at this point.

Re: Ramsey paid off, £4 Million

So Rambo and his agent got what they wanted to end the contract. They held most of the cards in that negotiation!

The latest twitter speculation is that he will go to LA Galaxy and face off against Bale in the Welsh Legends Derby!

Rambos still far too good for MLS.

Whatever a footballer says its always about the money welcome to raging capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rambos still far too good for MLS.
    MLS is a better standard than the SPL however

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Is it? Not sure about that. I doubt any MLS side would manage to get to a Euro Final if allowed in it.

Is it? Not sure about that. I doubt any MLS side would manage to get to a Euro Final if allowed in it.
    Rangers had a great tournament, but it isn't as though Scottish sides are routinely doing well in Europe.
    outside of the 2 top teams the standard in Scotland is really poor

Rangers had a great tournament, but it isn't as though Scottish sides are routinely doing well in Europe.
    outside of the 2 top teams the standard in Scotland is really poor
    Yeah but are the top 2 in the MLS better than the top2 in the SPL? Are the lower teams in the MLS better than the lower teams in the SPL.

Im not convinced they are.

Yeah but are the top 2 in the MLS better than the top2 in the SPL? Are the lower teams in the MLS better than the lower teams in the SPL.

Im not convinced they are.
    I am

Its hard to judge which subs bench is the hardest .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    if you could choose to sit on a subs bench in the MLS or the SPL which would you choose?

if you could choose to sit on a subs bench in the MLS or the SPL which would you choose?
    For me the SPL .

My sisters live in California , its not for me could have gone there to work when I was younger .

The grass isn't always greener .

I guess will head to the MLS.
    I wonder how much getting the body used to training and competing in a warmer climate ahead of Qatar will be a factor

For added glitz and glamour you could drive through skid row and maybe meet one of the 200000 or so homeless people in the state. I don't understand why everyone's idea of utopia is California.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    For added glitz and glamour you could drive through skid row and maybe meet one of the 200000 or so homeless people in the state. I don't understand why everyone's idea of utopia is California.
    if you've got the money it's a great place to live

He's still not been actually paid off. This story has been doing the rounds for weeks, even respected posters have sworn blind he's paid up months ago, and he still hasn't.

I think the padded seats in the MLS will be better, they looks fairly luxurious in the US

Each to their own, if I was rich I would moving as far away from other rich people as possible.

International

To understand why there are so many just listen to "sitting on the dock of the bay'. Be hopeless in the sunshine!

Why, what have I missed ?

I know its not California but Vegas is another really awful place.

Why, what have I missed ?

I know its not California but Vegas is another really awful place.
    I'd agree about Vegas 100% awful place.

there are some great places in California though

Can't stand the MLS. Every time it's on I just glaze over. Watching Cymru Premier, that's where it's at.

To quote the lyrics of Do Ri Me by Woody Guthrie
    California is a garden of Eden, a paradise to live in or see;
    But believe it or not, you won't find it so hot
    If you ain't got the do re mi.

Exactly. There are a lot of people on this forum who know **** all about MLS yet are very eager to offer an opinion. It's a very English thing to do. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. There are a lot of people on this forum who know **** all about MLS yet are very eager to offer an opinion. It's a very English thing to do. It's a shame.
    That's a very arrogant attitude to take if someone has a different opinion to you it means they know **** all?

This is actually a topic I've been intrigued by for the last couple of years - how to compare different leagues. I've read numerous interviews with scouts working at the top clubs, and analytics people, and seen statistical models trying to statistically show which leagues are stronger and NONE of them have placed the SPL as stronger than the MLS.

Yes the SPL has 2 decent teams, but the general standard is very poor these days, it has been in decline for a while, mostly because of the money just isn't there.

Do i think a MLS side would reach a European final if they were allowed to compete - probably not.
    Did i think a Scottish side would reach one before Rangers did - probably not.
    Do I see a Scottish side doing it again in the next 5 years - probably not.
    Yes they had a remarkable run, but that doesn't suddenly turn the SPL into some European powerhouse, there have been several seasons where Scottish teams have done worse than expected in Europe - failing to qualify etc that doesn't suddenly mean it's worse than some other smaller league that did.