+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramsey paid off, £4 Million

Re: Ramsey paid off, £4 Million

Would absolutely love Ramsey here but there’s no way I’m refreshing his name on Twitter every few seconds like I was with Bale. Wasted a whole week getting my hopes up. My fault, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Would absolutely love Ramsey here but there’s no way I’m refreshing his name on Twitter every few seconds like I was with Bale. Wasted a whole week getting my hopes up. My fault, I know.
    Don't knock it - those 2 weeks could easily be the most exciting 2 weeks of the season.

Think what pre-season is usually like on here, logging on to see the only new post in 2 days is fro Sludge about some metal band or some ropey bird he fancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Don't knock it - those 2 weeks could easily be the most exciting 2 weeks of the season.

Think what pre-season is usually like on here, logging on to see the only new post in 2 days is fro Sludge about some metal band or some ropey bird he fancies.

You’re not wrong! After the Bale dream was well and truly over, I even ventured into that GLAMMY thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a very arrogant attitude to take if someone has a different opinion to you it means they know **** all?

This is actually a topic I've been intrigued by for the last couple of years - how to compare different leagues. I've read numerous interviews with scouts working at the top clubs, and analytics people, and seen statistical models trying to statistically show which leagues are stronger and NONE of them have placed the SPL as stronger than the MLS.

Yes the SPL has 2 decent teams, but the general standard is very poor these days, it has been in decline for a while, mostly because of the money just isn't there.

Do i think a MLS side would reach a European final if they were allowed to compete - probably not.
    Did i think a Scottish side would reach one before Rangers did - probably not.
    Do I see a Scottish side doing it again in the next 5 years - probably not.
    Yes they had a remarkable run, but that doesn't suddenly turn the SPL into some European powerhouse, there have been several seasons where Scottish teams have done worse than expected in Europe - failing to qualify etc that doesn't suddenly mean it's worse than some other smaller league that did.
    Going out on a limb that the poster called NYC blue might watch a bit more MLS than most