+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a shocking decision

What a shocking decision

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-61957132

No sense in the decision not to deport all of them.

Human Rights, my a**e, what about the Human Rights of their victims.

Re: What a shocking decision

It's unbelievable. The lengths some lawyers will go to to keep paedophiles in this country.

they did their crimes here, they should be punished here to the full extent of the law.
    They have UK citizenship and no Pakistan citizenship currently - why would Pakistan want a bunch of paedos being sent there, this isn't the 1700 we don't have penal colonies any more

Appalling individuals

But I believe they are British Citizens and have served the sentence administered by the courts

Not saying that's morally correct but this is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they did their crimes here, they should be punished here to the full extent of the law.
    They have UK citizenship and no Pakistan citizenship currently - why would Pakistan want a bunch of paedos being sent there, this isn't the 1700 we don't have penal colonies any more
    They also have Pakistani citizenship, apart from the ring leader who renounced his so he wouldn’t be deported. Bring back Penal colonies for these perverts, they have relinquished their rights to being released into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    They also have Pakistani citizenship, apart from the ring leader who renounced his so he wouldn’t be deported. Bring back Penal colonies for these perverts, they have relinquished their rights to being released into the world.
    The ring leader is still in prison isn't he ? 19 years he got

Unless the rape of a child , which is what this is , is going to carry a life sentence then these sort of low life's are going to have to be dealt with by the legal system we have

I'm not surprised it doesn't rile you. Still, at least you can start a thread on Boris jogging into a hotel, eh?

It's completely wrong that we cannot deport people like this, and spend huge sums on supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Unless the rape of a child , which is what this is , is going to carry a life sentence then these sort of low life's are going to have to be dealt with by the legal system we have
    There’s a reason crimes like this and rape don’t carry the harshest punishments and that’s because when rape carries the same sentence as murder it leads to more murders because why wouldn’t they silence the witness when the punishment is the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not surprised it doesn't rile you. Still, at least you can start a thread on Boris jogging into a hotel, eh?

It's completely wrong that we cannot deport people like this, and spend huge sums on supporting them.
    Boris jogging to a hotel didn't rile me either, I just thought it made him look ridiculous, which it did

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    "bring back penal colonies"

um I think the other countries might have something to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I thought he was out, I’m probably wrong though.

It's unbelievable. The lengths some lawyers will go to to keep paedophiles in this country.
    Or to make sure the law is enforced as it’s written?

I have no sympathy for these scumbags and would have no problem with anything happening to them but it’s mad how much people want the laws to be completely ignored with “certain” criminals.

Always very revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Or to make sure the law is enforced as it’s written?

I have no sympathy for these scumbags and would have no problem with anything happening to them but it’s mad how much people want the laws to be completely ignored with “certain” criminals.

Always very revealing.
    Good try, but it's not revealing at all. They are citizens of another country and if they can be deported, they should be.

Good try, but it's not revealing at all. They are citizens of another country and if they can be deported, they should be.
    they are citizens of this country, or they would be

That is one of the strengths and core principles of law.

Quick couple of questions for you.

Where would you deport anyone who, in the eyes of the law, is a UK citizen and has no other nationalities?

What would immigration control of the receiving country say and do if we tried to leave a convicted criminal on their soil?

they are citizens of this country, or they would be
    They are. They've renounced their Pakistani citizenships. We can debate whether that should be allowed in situations like this, but if they are only UK citizens then the answer about deportation is clear cut.

Is that a straight headline lift from the Express or the Mail?

'Mr Balance' turns into right-wing red top populist ranter?

I don't think anyone will have the slightest sympathy for these vile scumbags, but it is the job of their lawyers to represent them at the Tribunal and ensure as far as they can though their arguments that the law is properly applied and the final decision is made on the basis of a full understanding of any relevant facts.

That protects the rest of us - not just their clients. I thought you believed in the rule of law - for everyone?

If you don't like the law or its application blame the politicians. They can change that.

But turning on lawyers (I assume here publicly funded and allocated the case) just for doing their job is shit.

Usual suspects turning out.

Some of us will get angry about the head of a paedophile grooming gang receiving hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money to fight deportation on technicalities, having got away with his crimes for years.

You guys can find a tweet somewhere or something.

Deal?

Some of us will get angry about the head of a paedophile grooming gang receiving hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money to fight deportation on technicalities, having got away with his crimes for years.

Deal?
    maybe your anger should be directed at the home office for wasting money trying to deport people with British citizenship, who had such an easy way to get out of it, rather than the lawyers who were just doing their job.

These are awful crimes but so are those involving extreme violence such as armed robbery

But these fellas find God, turn over a new leaf and write a book or teach other prisoners to read etc

And out they come .....oh he's got a good heart , he's loves his mum

Wtf is all that about

The cashier that he held a sawn off to during the Bank job is still under the care of her psychiatrist for trauma !

Deal?
    Some of us understand how the law works and that rare stories like this will be used to try and undermine it by using the rhetoric that gets certain people whipped up into a frenzy.

Tax payers money should be used in cases like this because it should be used in all cases, because more often than not it’s a just use.

Don’t get angry about the odd case like this be proud of the 99% of times when it has value.

You might try and come across as some kind of balanced centrist but as usual with cases like this the mask slips and shows an uneducated xenophobe who gets whipped into a frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Some of us understand how the law works and that rare stories like this will be used to try and undermine it by using the rhetoric that gets certain people whipped up into a frenzy.

Tax payers money should be used in cases like this because it should be used in all cases, because more often than not it’s a just use.

Don’t get angry about the odd case like this be proud of the 99% of times when it has value.

You might try and come across as some kind of balanced centrist but as usual with cases like this the mask slips and shows an uneducated xenophobe who gets whipped into a frenzy.
    Absolute nonsense - Thats what you guys use when you can't win an argument. Claim xenophobia. This is a guy with dual citizenship and should be deported. If he doesn't want his British citizenship removed, then he shouldn't groom and rape children.

And yes, I am well aware that the law is being used to keep him here and at what cost that brings, and we are all aware who supports that. The law is complex works in many ways - not all decisions are morally right, or else you would be on the Roe v Wade discussion forum smugly telling everyone "some of us understand how the law works". But you aren't, you are here telling that to people who want someone deported who has caused utter misery and ruined the lives of hundreds of vulnerable girls.

This is a guy with dual citizenship and should be deported. If he doesn't want his British citizenship removed, then he shouldn't groom and rape children.
    Which bit of British law allows citizenship to be revoked then?

I want them punished by the full extent of the law and they are. I’m not defending them I’m defending the law. No one in here is defending peadophiles they are just saying you can’t just revoke the citizenship of someone and just deport them, otherwise why not just deport every criminal?

What the **** has roe vs wade and the American Supreme Court got to do with this? what a reach ffs

So does everyone think criminals should always be punished in the country they were born in?