I should have said justice for the victims rarely gets discussed

Re: What a shocking decision

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The victims never get discussed.
    We're discussing them now.

What would you like to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Unless I am reading this wrong, it does seem a bit of a loophole that you can renounce your secondary citizenship to avoid deportation.
    It does seem a loophole that we're deporting someone from their primary citizenship to their secondary country. Why should we make them our problem? Can you imagine if Pakistan tried to send their criminals here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It does seem a loophole that we're deporting someone from their primary citizenship to their secondary country. Why should we make them our problem? Can you imagine if Pakistan tried to send their criminals here?
    Yeah I can see that argument too. As usual this all boils down to what is the purpose of prison sentences. If the public don't trust people to be rehabilitated when they leave prison then the system has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    We're discussing them now.

What would you like to say?
    For what it’s worth, I believe anyone (of any colour or ethnicity), that grooms children for sexual exploitation, or takes part in any sexual assault on children, and are caught and found guilty, should be locked away for the rest of there life, in a secure unit, with no chance of release.
    Are you with me DC ?

For what it’s worth, I believe anyone (of any colour or ethnicity), that grooms children for sexual exploitation, or takes part in any sexual assault on children, and are caught and found guilty, should be locked away for the rest of there life, in a secure unit, with no chance of release.
    Are you with me DC ?
    That's never going to happen . Child sexual killers usually don't come out , the rest , unless we are going to spend millions on keeping them inside serve lesser sentences

Wether that's right is another matter

Are you with me DC ?
    It's hard to argue against, but I'd prefer a chance of parole, as it gives hope of rehabilitation.

Although I'm not sure a convicted paedophile can be rehabilitated.

I'm torn, if I'm honest

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    It's hard to argue against, but I'd prefer a chance of parole, as it gives hope of rehabilitation.

Although I'm not sure a convicted paedophile can be rehabilitated.

I'm torn, if I'm honest
    They can but many cannot and that's the problem

I remember listening to radio 5 one early morning . A guy admitted he had a sexual interest in children but was under treatment and had never offended . I mean there is clearly a huge difference between him and a serial sex offender but society wants them all hanged .

People have had sexual thoughts towards children since time began . It's never going to stopped , perhaps it's a fault in the brain , who knows . But there has to be a sensible policy towards treating .....or imprisoning these people . A lot of the people who cry wolf over child abuse are completely unhinged in other ways themselves .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They can but many cannot and that's the problem

I remember listening to radio 5 one early morning . A guy admitted he had a sexual interest in children but was under treatment and had never offended . I mean there is clearly a huge difference between him and a serial sex offender but society wants them all hanged .

People have had sexual thoughts towards children since time began . It's never going to stopped , perhaps it's a fault in the brain , who knows . But there has to be a sensible policy towards treating .....or imprisoning these people . A lot of the people who cry wolf over child abuse are completely unhinged in other ways themselves .
    aren't the 'map' pushing for a stripe on the alphabet flag? it's just another expression of sexuality

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    aren't the 'map' pushing for a stripe on the alphabet flag? it's just another expression of sexuality
    It's clearly not though

Being attracted to other men or other women if you are gay is normal

Adults attracted to adults

But men in their thirties wanting to have sex with children who are not sexually developed

It's totally abnormal and nothing to do with sexuality