+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rabbi Matondo

Rabbi Matondo

I follow his Instagram and he’s just uploaded a photo of himself at the Cardiff City academy with 2 blue hearts

Any explanation of why he is there other than signing or a medical?

International

Re: Rabbi Matondo

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    I follow his Instagram and he’s just uploaded a photo of himself at the Cardiff City academy with 2 blue hearts

Any explanation of why he is there other than signing or a medical?

Link ?

Visiting old friends?

His brother is one of our academy players.

Probably a good sign, as Japhet is very highly rated and was linked to Leeds and the Old Firm.

I think cercle bruges had an option to buy as part of the loan deal with schalke

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Link ?
    See if this works;

https://instagram.com/stories/rabbim...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Barmitvah ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ining-24344334

Rabbi Matondo sent Cardiff City fans into a mini meltdown on social media on Tuesday.

As ever during the transfer window, supporters are heightened to any potential social media activity, no more so than after watching their club make nine signings at the beginning of the window. They are practically expecting a new arrival every day.

And Matondo did little to quash excitement on Tuesday when he posted on his Instagram a photograph outside Cardiff's academy training base, accompanied by two blue love hearts.

Bluebirds fans were quick to jump to conclusions, hoping Matondo had jumped the gun and announced his homecoming prematurely. Unfortunately, that's not why he was there.

He was actually there accompanying his younger brother, Japhet, who had gone in for his education induction for first-year scholars – where they go through the requirements of the course. The academy kids are expected back in for pre-season training later this week.

He used to be in the academy didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think cercle bruges had an option to buy as part of the loan deal with schalke
    I think the best thing for Matondo right now would be to stay in Belgium, his cameos for Wales show he's still not quite there yet

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think the best thing for Matondo right now would be to stay in Belgium, his cameos for Wales show he's still not quite there yet
    apparently he's linked with a load of clubs for a move this summer.
    forest, Leeds, Brentford, Celtic, rangers, and a few clubs in France all linked

apparently he's linked with a load of clubs for a move this summer.
    forest, Leeds, Brentford, Celtic, rangers, and a few clubs in France all linked
    I don't think he's ready for a Premier League move

Celtic would be a good move

I don't think he's ready for a Premier League move

Celtic would be a good move
    wasn't long ago people on here were saying he wouldn't make it at league one level

wasn't long ago people on here were saying he wouldn't make it at league one level
    I remember that, people are often far too quick to judge young players, some on here decided Colwill and Davies were crap within 30 seconds of coming onto the pitch

I don't think Matondo is ready for the Premier League yet though, compare him with Brennan Johnson for instance

I remember that, people are often far too quick to judge young players, some on here decided Colwill and Davies were crap within 30 seconds of coming onto the pitch

I don't think Matondo is ready for the Premier League yet though, compare him with Brennan Johnson for instance
    I’m not sure Matondo would make it in a 23 man squad for the World Cup, he’s probably going to scrape into a 26 but that says a bit. He could do with another season or 2 at Champ level, if he stays in the Bundesliga it could be good provided he gets games

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’m not sure Matondo would make it in a 23 man squad for the World Cup, he’s probably going to scrape into a 26 but that says a bit. He could do with another season or 2 at Champ level, if he stays in the Bundesliga it could be good provided he gets games
    I agree with that, he's only 21 so plenty of time for a PL move

On another note I see Ben Woodburn
    scored for Preston earlier, still only 22. Be a surprise if he rocks up in the Championship but he's doing his case no harm

I agree with that, he's only 21 so plenty of time for a PL move

On another note I see Ben Woodburn
    scored for Preston earlier, still only 22. Be a surprise if he rocks up in the Championship but he's doing his case no harm
    Agreed, and given how quick he is, if he does become a little more refined, he'll make it.

Great to see Woodburn given a chance, I can't believe its 5 years since that Austria goal.