+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No one park outside my house, it's for my car!

International

No one park outside my house, it's for my car!

Not my view I've had to travel and park on the street for work and have seen a few people acting like this when I return, which ended with me telling them to do one it's a pubic street and parking is legal.

Do you think people have gone mad through covid, if you live where people need to park ie village, town, city centre, hospital thats tough you chose to live there?

Or do you think it's your house so you own the space outside no one should park there?

PS I'm refering to no yellow lines restrictions and not blocking drives.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-bins-27328434

Furious residents keep their wheelie bins in the street to block hospital parking
    Angry householders living near a hospital have taken matters into their own hands after motorists continue to park "stupidly" in their street, blocking driveways and obstructing buses.

Re: No one park outside my house, it's for my car!

Mum's and Dad's on the school run outside schools parking on the yellow lines there to protect their children

People parking in disabled only parking bays with the excuse I am only gonna be 5 mins

I don’t do or say anything as you’re right that noone has the right, but it’s a big bugbear, irritates the £&@“ out of me. I think Moreso because on the other side of the street opposite my house there is tonnes of space which is also unrestricted

So I personally don’t park outside peoples houses because i find it rude but resist the urge to peoples wing mirrors off who do

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Mum's and Dad's on the school run outside schools parking on the yellow lines there to protect their children

People parking in disabled only parking bays with the excuse I am only gonna be 5 mins
    Yes they are the worst, fine if legally parked but don't block drives or park on zig zags or double yellows, and especially disabled bays it's not right!!!

Its nothing to do with Covid a lot of people do think they own the space outside their house.

Saying that I wouldnt leave my car outside someones house all day.

Parking in disabled bays - makes my blood boil (unless the person is disabled obviously 🙄)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Parking in disabled bays - makes my blood boil (unless the person is disabled obviously ��)
    I even get angry at the disabled people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I generally get angry at people - no discrimination, or singling people out for special attention here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    it's the ones that claim being blind and wearing sun glasses that gets me

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I generally get angry at people - no discrimination, or singling people out for special attention here.
    Inclusive anger

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    it's the ones that claim being blind and wearing sun glasses that gets me
    They soon get found out when they're caught behind the wheel.

Parking in disabled bays - makes my blood boil (unless the person is disabled obviously 🙄)
    I don’t know if this annoys me most, or when there are no spaces and you can’t park but there seem like millions of empty disabled and electric parking spaces. This happened to me Saturday so it’s still raw.

Parking on the street is better than parking on your drive as happened to one resident in St Anthony Road near Heath hospital.

Its a waste of time them saying don't park here , it's for disabled people

Nobody takes any notice and those traffic enforcement officers are wankers

Its a waste of time them saying don't park here , it's for disabled people

Nobody takes any notice and those traffic enforcement officers are wankers
    I’ve always wondered why they don’t put the disabled spaces further back as they’re obviously
    Going to be really tempting to those who can be quickly in and out

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’ve always wondered why they don’t put the disabled spaces further back as they’re obviously
    Try being disabled and you'll instantly see why.

Do they push past any disabled people in the queue at the till aswell?

I think it was a joke. At least I hope it was!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Try being disabled and you'll instantly see why.
    Surely it was a dull enough comment not to have to be labelled “joke”
    Bloody snowflake (this is also, a joke)

Surely it was a dull enough comment not to have to be labelled “joke”
    Bloody snowflake (this is also, a joke)
    Wasn't trying to ruffle your feathers, whoops there's another one. Seriously though, after 64yrs of being able bodied my luck ran out last summer when I had my right leg off below the knee and also had the news I had developed leukaemia. I have a brand new go faster leg these days and although I can now walk unaided I can't go that far yet so walking far from some satellite disabled spot would piss me right off as well as hurt a bit. Guess you could say I'm a first class reformed ignoramus on disability now that I've joined the ranks so someone else parking out side my house is a big thing for me or will be when I'm driving again.

On several occasions my next door neighbour has had her car parked literally across the road, then if we've had to go out, has got in her car to park where we had been parked, all of 5 yards away. She has shouted at people for daring to park outside her house and has been very abusive to some of the locals.

Not to do with covid. Where my wife used to live when we were first going out I had to regularly park outside different houses.

Wouldn't block the drive, wasnt double yellows etc. I'd say I was confronted at least 4 times, two were quite aggressive.

Other times you were aware of someone in the window.

Had to park there but didn't like it. Can look after myself but don't particularly enjoy needless confrontation.

What a way to live though, always being on edge that someone will park legally outside your house.

I have about 6 parking spaces around the perimeter of my house. I live on a corner. I think it's a bit cheeky when people who know I live here take up all the spots, but they pay their taxes and are entitled to park wherever they want.

We have people in our road with 2 cars in the household. There's only on road parking. If theres a gap big enough for 2 cars, 1 will park in the middle leaving half a space each side. When their other half gets home they'll move slightly to create the other space.
    Annoying but smart thinking.