+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wee Jimmy Krankie is off again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wee Jimmy Krankie is off again

Be a disaster when they leave and the SNP after realising their only real aim and policy disintegrate quicker than ukip.

Echo chamber up there, similar to Welsh labour here. All start believing their own BS.

At least in Westminster you have two parties who go at it, call each other out, generally provide balance even if they are both shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    B

At least in Westminster you have two parties who go at it, call each other out, generally provide balance even if they are both shit.
    All about opinions, but in my view the SNP have been a far more effective opposition in Westminster than Labour has (despite being only the biggest of the rest and not having Labour's opportunities).

That applied under Corbyn, and much more so under Starmer.

I wish that wasn't so, as a former Labour member (a card carrying member for most of my adult life).

Be a disaster when they leave and the SNP after realising their only real aim and policy disintegrate quicker than ukip.

Echo chamber up there, similar to Welsh labour here. All start believing their own BS.

Know much about the SNP i see.

As soon as they leave they'd just govern - there's no reason for them to be a UKIP

Don't blame them, if I were Scottish after 12 years of declining living standards under the tories and brexit I'd chance my arms at something else as well. If they succeed I expect they'd try and join the EU as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Don't blame them, if I were Scottish after 12 years of declining living standards under the tories and brexit I'd chance my arms at something else as well. If they succeed I expect they'd try and join the EU as soon as possible.
    The SNP do dispute the GERS figures, but they show a income / expenditure gaps of 15bn. Percentage of GDP wise, this is far greater than the EU would tolerate for membership. It would also lead to the kind of austerity Scotland has never before seen. Or a massive rise in taxes to combat it, with the corresponding risk that brings.

There are arguments in favour - in terms of energy, Scotland could become an absolute powerhouse with a low population and access to oil, wind, and even some sun. Generally speaking though, it's an incredible risk. I certainly wouldnt take it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-53917226