You cannot win there is a lobby against everything , now solar power , perhaps we should frack instead ,

Plans for a 100 acre solar farm next to Cardiff Airport in the Vale of Glamorgan have sparked concerns that farmland in the county is being increasingly saturated by solar panels.

The proposals for the 35-megawatt development would see several arable fields chewed up by the development, the latest in a string of large scale solar farms across the Vale.

Bizarrely, the solar farm has been dubbed 'East Aberthaw Solar' by the London-based investment firm behind the plans, even though it lies between the hamlets of Fonmon and Nurston, and not, in fact, in East Aberthaw.

"We are outraged that it's such a massive plan," Denise Cooper told The National. She lives next to the fields where the proposed solar farm would be situated, and explained the plans have been met with "blanket opposition" locally.

"Three meter panels just four meters from property boundaries, directly in front of a Grade II listed property. Also inadequate road access, i.e. already over busy single track country lanes. So many issues really..."

"While we need a mix of renewable energy sources, we also now have a recognised food security issue and need to be less reliant on imports, such as we've seen as a result of the Ukraine war," Paul Davenport, who lives nearby, said.

"There are more appropriate spaces for solar farms as opposed to building them on arable land that should be used for growing crops."

https://www.thenational.wales/enviro...-ltd/?ref=ebln

Same with affordable homes , yes there is a need but not in my back yard ..

Yes we should welcome migration but not in my back yard

Yes lets have a new state of art cancer unit but not in my Nth CF back yard

Yes lets have a super new road or rail but not in my back yard

yes we need another airport runway but not in my back yard

Yes there are brown field sites but lets be honest, the congestion around them is already bad.

FFS