+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

As an aside, this article went under the radar a bit, talking about the problems with offshoring immigration - something Israel tried, and abandoned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-61882542

Being based in Uganda and the organisation I work for has a big presence in Rwanda, meaning I have visited 10 times over the last decade, I have seen first hand some of the appalling human rights abuses carried out by the Rwandan government. I'm back in Wales next week for the summer, if I bump into any of you I'll tell you some of the details, including snakes in Rwanda, being used.

The UK Government's Rwanda policy is sickening. No one should support it.

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Plenty of jobs at the airports.On the buses etc
    Eg unskilled work and the middle classes wonder why there is a big proportion of poorer people against migration

It dilutes wages at the lower end

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Eg unskilled work and the middle classes wonder why there is a big proportion of poorer people against migration

I think you mean that British workers wouldn't do jobs for the money that migrants get. Subtle but important difference. It's not a case of migrants forcing Brits out of jobs

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I really think we need drop the term unskilled workers. I’m not picking on you because I used to use the term too. It’s actually quite insulting if you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I really think we need drop the term unskilled workers. I’m not picking on you because I used to use the term too. It’s actually quite insulting if you think about it?
    This ^. Funny how all the “unskilled workers” are those that kept the country going through COVID. Working class people have been undervalued for decades. Time to make a stand.

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    You know the CCMB rules, you must have realised one rather high on the list is that you cant list a DM article, The Left simple refuse to believe anything the DM say, yes of course it could be a hard fact, but its in the DM, thus inadmissible on CCMB , its just the way it is
    Thats childish, there is a good and bad reporting in every paper!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don’t know if it’s still the case, but there was definitely a time recently when Wikipedia would not accept something appearing in the Daily Mail as a reliable reference to be used on their site. No other mainstream “newspaper” was treated in this way.

For myself, I think their sports coverage is good (For example, transfer speculation in the Mail is more reliable than in most other papers I find), but, as far as life in the “real world” goes, forget it.
    Agreed I find the football pretty good!

International

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    A few things about this Wales-Bales.

Firstly, there are plenty women and children coming to seek asylum in the UK, but this is underreported by the mainstream media a they prefer the optics of 'fit healthy young brown men' claiming asylum... stealing our jobs and women and of course, all of them are terrorists and rapists. Sadly many British people are thick as pigshit and fall for this... this is nothing new it's right out of the Mein Kampf playbook, just replace jews and gypsies with migrants.

However, what is true is that the majority of people coming across the channel in boats are younger men. This is because the route they take is fraught with danger making it difficult for women and children. The UN Refugee Agency estimates that more than 19,000 men, women and children have died while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea since January 2014, the Med being a key crossing point for many who end up in Calais. So younger men come across and when here try and get the rest of their family across through safer methods.
    It was women and children from Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Um! Of the 70 or so refugees we currently have all bar one are women & children. The real young men in Ukraine have stayed to do the fighting, rather than flee it.
    I think you've misunderstood what I was saying.

I'm talking about the "ability" to flee a conflict.

Martial law was enacted in Ukraine so that men of "fighting age" were required to remain and fight - which is a completely different situation to Syria, Yemen etc.

A few things about this Wales-Bales.

Firstly, there are plenty women and children coming to seek asylum in the UK, but this is underreported by the mainstream media a they prefer the optics of 'fit healthy young brown men' claiming asylum... stealing our jobs and women and of course, all of them are terrorists and rapists. Sadly many British people are thick as pigshit and fall for this... this is nothing new it's right out of the Mein Kampf playbook, just replace jews and gypsies with migrants.

However, what is true is that the majority of people coming across the channel in boats are younger men. This is because the route they take is fraught with danger making it difficult for women and children. The UN Refugee Agency estimates that more than 19,000 men, women and children have died while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea since January 2014, the Med being a key crossing point for many who end up in Calais. So younger men come across and when here try and get the rest of their family across through safer methods.
    I wasn't thinking along these lines. Besides being fit and healthy young men, they all seem to be well groomed and have decent clobber, along with working mobile phones. They don't look like they have spent months trekking across asia/europe, or been holed up in makeshift French refugee camps for an extended period period of time. Anyway, it's just an observation and nothing to do with race, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I would have thought the same if they were European men.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wasn't thinking along these lines. Besides being fit and healthy young men, they all seem to be well groomed and have decent clobber, along with working mobile phones. They don't look like they have spent months trekking across asia/europe, or been holed up in makeshift French refugee camps in for an experiod period of time. Anyway, it's just an observation and nothing to do with race, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I would have thought the same if they were European men.
    The World is changing with more economic migrants, it's likely to increase in the furtre with Wars, Global warming more and more people are moving to the nice safe countries like the UK, the rest of Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The World is changing with more economic migrants, it's likely to get worse with Wars and Global warming more and more people are moving to the nice safe countries like the UK, the rest of Europe and the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
    Yes, but these guys look like they have been assisted and well taken care of. It was just an observation, so I will be leaving it at that.

It is huge , of course folk want to say what they really feel , sadly they can't without being judged and abused ..

For me an off shore processing facility that utilised their skills in work to avoid pressure's on the economy.. would fit..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It is huge , of course folk want to say what they really feel , sadly they can't without being judged and abused ..

For me an off shore processing facility that utilised their skills in work to avoid pressure's on the economy.. would fit..
    Just to be clear, have you been holding back on what you really feel on matters of race and immigration?

WTF? You were doing so well with your stance on Qatar that I felt it warranted positive feedback.

Unfortunately the use of the term 'off shore processing facility' is cold and invokes images of cattle trucks in black & white documentary footage from the 1940s.

Being judged is part of life. Nobody is being abused. Heated discussion relating to such contentious subjects is understandable. I welcome this, even if it's painful.

As an aside, this article went under the radar a bit, talking about the problems with offshoring immigration - something Israel tried, and abandoned.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-61882542

Being based in Uganda and the organisation I work for has a big presence in Rwanda, meaning I have visited 10 times over the last decade, I have seen first hand some of the appalling human rights abuses carried out by the Rwandan government. I'm back in Wales next week for the summer, if I bump into any of you I'll tell you some of the details, including snakes in Rwanda, being used.

The UK Government's Rwanda policy is sickening. No one should support it.
    Thanks for that AB, always good to hear from someone with direct experience of the issue.

Let's hope certain posters read and digest it rather than relying on certain newspapers - and other posters - to inform themselves.

WTF? You were doing so well with your stance on Qatar that I felt it warranted positive feedback.

Unfortunately the use of the term 'off shore processing facility' is cold and invokes images of cattle trucks in black & white documentary footage from the 1940s.

Being judged is part of life. Nobody is being abused. Heated discussion relating to such contentious subjects is understandable. I welcome this, even if it's painful.
    It's what they've been doing in Australia, so you don't need to invoke images from the 1940's. In some Asian countries asylum seekers have been waiting over 10 years to be processed, living from day to day without a pot to piss in.

It's what they've been doing in Australia, so you don't need to invoke images from the 1940's. In some Asian countries asylum seekers have been waiting over 10 years to be processed, living from day to day without a pot to piss in.
    It can take months or years for claims to be processed in the UK. Asylum seekers get an allowance of £40.85 a week and are not allowed to work.

So like a special camp, far away, where they have to work but don't receive basic services or pay in exchange for their efforts?

I can't put my finger on it but it sounds quite familiar.

An 'offshore processing facility' as opposed to 'being processed'. Neither sound great but I'm still gonna invoke those 1940s images for the former.

An 'offshore processing facility' as opposed to 'being processed'. Neither sound great but I'm still gonna invoke those 1940s images for the former.
    Here's a present day offshore processing facility.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-advocates-say

Yup. That's definitely a concentration camp alright. Sure, it's contemporary architecture, but no disguising it's purpose. The conditions seem pretty atrocious too according to that article.

You'll never get me to accept the term offshore processing facility as humanitarian. It's a concentration camp.

I am struggling to work out what your point is. Australia's policy of offshore internment has been an expensive disaster from start to finish.

Yep thats going well.