+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Ah the DailyMail, the newspaper that distracts the plebs with stories aimed at engaging them about immigrants and benefits all while the rich are robbing us all.

I know it's not all old people but there seems to be a significant amount of the elderly who read this shit and can't see how much they're being made fools of.
    Hurrah for the Blackshirts

Re: There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The picture in the OP showing young men on a dinghy, plus countless other video showing the same thing.
    I'll try this slowly.

The OP posted a Daily Mail opinion article saying we are still invaded by immigrants even after we left the EU.

The Daily Mail, in all innocence, posted a picture of asylum seekers in a dinghy as its first reference. Even though the opinion piece was about migrants allowed into the country before and after Brexit.

Even the Daily Mail didn't think it would sucker too many idiots by posting a picture of asylum seekers not the half million legal immigrants that the Home Office allowed into the country in the last year after we took control of our borders six years after Brexit.

They even put something under the picture saying this as a disclaimer:

The Government is very exercised about the number of asylum seekers crossing the Channel in small boats. The wonder, though, is that so much time and energy are spent debating about asylum seekers while few people have noticed the growing numbers of legal migrants that are arriving in this country

Stlll!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Let’s at least get the question right, it was 6.6% over 10 years.
    Facts are so last year.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'll try this slowly.

The OP posted a Daily Mail opinion article saying we are still invaded by immigrants even after we left the EU.

The Daily Mail, in all innocence, posted a picture of asylum seekers in a dinghy as its first reference. Even though the opinion piece was about migrants allowed into the country before and after Brexit.

Even the Daily Mail didn't think it would sucker too many idiots by posting a picture of asylum seekers not the half million legal immigrants that the Home Office allowed into the country in the last year after we took control of our borders six years after Brexit.

They even put something under the picture saying this as a disclaimer:

The Government is very exercised about the number of asylum seekers crossing the Channel in small boats. The wonder, though, is that so much time and energy are spent debating about asylum seekers while few people have noticed the growing numbers of legal migrants that are arriving in this country

Stlll!
    Well I'm talking about the people crossing the channel on boats.

There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Try a new thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    There's a huge new migrant issue unfolding. So why isn't there any real debate about THIS one?

Try a new thread!
    Do you think you are some kind of gatekeeper or something? Just give it a break.

I have no evidence for this but it's possible that young, fighting age men find it easier to flee warzones etc than children and women.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I have no evidence for this but it's possible that young, fighting age men find it easier to flee warzones etc than children and women.
    So you're just making it then.

So you're just making it then.
    Yes. I am making it up that young, fighting age men are more physically able to flee violence and threat than women and children during a time of conflict.

Yes. I am making it up that young, fighting age men are more physically able to flee violence and threat than women and children during a time of conflict.
    It was just a simple observation, not sure why cyril felt the need to control the conversation, or why you would start a sentence with .. I have no evidence for this but ..

It was just a simple observation, not sure why cyril felt the need to control the conversation, or why you would start a sentence with .. I have no evidence for this but ..
    It was just a simple observation

Do you think you are some kind of gatekeeper or something? Just give it a break.
    Plenty of jobs at the airports.On the buses etc

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I find the most narrow minded people to be those who either only read the Daily Mail, or those who insist upon never reading it. Most balanced people will read things from across the spectrum.
    Given that the Daily Mail is frequently the newspaper that is fined most often every year for deliberately publishing bullshit, I think I'll give it a miss. Funnily enough the other worst offenders are The Sun and The Express.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Even though EU citizens had to show their passports they were allowed in under the free movement rules.
    We didn't have freedom of movement rules. One concession the UK government never made was to allow Schengen.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    The reason you can’t get any of that stuff is because of under investment in public services and austerity and stories like this are then used to make people keep voting for the same people who don’t invest in them.

Well done on falling for it hook line and sinker.
    Precisely. The UK makes money from immigration but doesn't invest that in areas where immigration causes minor problems with public services.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We didn't have freedom of movement rules. One concession the UK government never made was to allow Schengen.
    I was under the impression that as an EU citizen I could live or work anywhere in the EU and so could any other EU citizen.
    Not signing up to Schengen meant that I had to show my passport when I entered or left the Schengen area, but it didn't restrict my movement within the EU.
    Or are you saying that having to show a passport is a restriction of movement?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was under the impression that as an EU citizen I could live or work anywhere in the EU and so could any other EU citizen.
    Not signing up to Schengen meant that I had to show my passport when I entered or left the Schengen area, but it didn't restrict my movement within the EU.
    Or are you saying that having to show a passport is a restriction of movement?
    You are right. The EU single market allowed free movement of goods, services, capital and people. Schengen allows free movement without restriction of people within that area.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I find the most narrow minded people to be those who either only read the Daily Mail, or those who insist upon never reading it. Most balanced people will read things from across the spectrum.

You know the CCMB rules, you must have realised one rather high on the list is that you cant list a DM article, The Left simple refuse to believe anything the DM say, yes of course it could be a hard fact, but its in the DM, thus inadmissible on CCMB , its just the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    You know the CCMB rules, you must have realised one rather high on the list is that you cant list a DM article, The Left simple refuse to believe anything the DM say, yes of course it could be a hard fact, but its in the DM, thus inadmissible on CCMB , its just the way it is
    You can the odd article in the mail is OK but trying to defend it on a general level is pretty daft

It's like a posh version of the sun

You know it supported Hitler during his rise to power ?

The Daily Mail may report facts now and again, but the articles that get linked to from here are usually bollocks.

I don’t know if it’s still the case, but there was definitely a time recently when Wikipedia would not accept something appearing in the Daily Mail as a reliable reference to be used on their site. No other mainstream “newspaper” was treated in this way.

For myself, I think their sports coverage is good (For example, transfer speculation in the Mail is more reliable than in most other papers I find), but, as far as life in the “real world” goes, forget it.

Um! Of the 70 or so refugees we currently have all bar one are women & children. The real young men in Ukraine have stayed to do the fighting, rather than flee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That DM article is as racist as they come (so are the BTL comments generally). It's dangerous, mean-spirited, mis-represented, selective, bigoted racism. Written by a white guy for other white guys.

I like immigrants, but where are all the woman and children? They all seem to be fit young lads of fighting age.
    A few things about this Wales-Bales.

Firstly, there are plenty women and children coming to seek asylum in the UK, but this is underreported by the mainstream media a they prefer the optics of 'fit healthy young brown men' claiming asylum... stealing our jobs and women and of course, all of them are terrorists and rapists. Sadly many British people are thick as pigshit and fall for this... this is nothing new it's right out of the Mein Kampf playbook, just replace jews and gypsies with migrants.

However, what is true is that the majority of people coming across the channel in boats are younger men. This is because the route they take is fraught with danger making it difficult for women and children. The UN Refugee Agency estimates that more than 19,000 men, women and children have died while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea since January 2014, the Med being a key crossing point for many who end up in Calais. So younger men come across and when here try and get the rest of their family across through safer methods.