+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rammstein gig could be heard 11 miles away - looking forward to the Cardiff gig tonight and I don't have a ticket!

Rammstein gig could be heard 11 miles away - looking forward to the Cardiff gig tonight and I don't have a ticket!

Apparently Rammstein's recent stadium gig in Coventry could be heard 11 miles away.

No wonder when you watch this timelapse video of their monster stage set up.

So if you live in Cardiff enjoy the gig - whether you have a ticket or not!

https://nation.cymru/culture/watch-t...-to-hit-wales/

Re: Rammstein gig could be heard 11 miles away - looking forward to the Cardiff gig tonight and I don't have a ticket!

Superb band but too much for me these days to sit through that

Re: Rammstein gig could be heard 11 miles away - looking forward to the Cardiff gig tonight and I don't have a ticket!

I was in Croatia last week and went to a few night clubs.
    1 was on an private island Carpe Diem beach party and the other was well inside a 16th century stone wall and ceiling building in Dubrovnik.

What struck me was the DJ music was played at a certain level which was comfortable where you could still have a conversation on the dance floor without shouting in each other’s ear.

I know they do amazing live shows but con honestly say I’ve only heard a couple of songs which didn’t grab me.
    Enjoy all whether going or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    1 was on an private island Carpe Diem beach party and the other was well inside a 16th century stone wall and ceiling building in Dubrovnik.

What struck me was the DJ music was played at a certain level which was comfortable where you could still have a conversation on the dance floor without shouting in each other’s ear.
    I thought you were going to say that you could hear the Coventry Ramstein gig in Croatia 🙂

Heading to Cardiff this afternoon for this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought you were going to say that you could hear the Coventry Ramstein gig in Croatia ��
    Still the original line up so yet to Split

I could live audio-stream this by holding my phone out of a window.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Some countries have laws about decibel levels. They're very strict about it in France. Most clubs have decibel meters. If you go above 102 they shut you down. You're still not going to be able to chat at that level though. My hearing is so bad these days I can't hear anything if there's any interference. Like for instance, if I'm doing the washing up and the tap is running I can't have a conversation.

I'm sat in an office near the stadium and can hear them sound checking. It's loud.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Still the original line up so yet to Split

i'd move twelve miles just to be out of earshot
    dreadful imo

Rammstein. Brutal. Breathtaking. Brilliant. Best gig I have been to in my entire life. Fukking wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Rammstein. Brutal. Breathtaking. Brilliant. Best gig I have been to in my entire life. Fukking wonderful.
    Amazing gig

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Amazing gig

Great photo. Would love to see them smash Glastonbury but I guess Glasto wouldn’t be able to provide the pyrotechnics. What an incredible night. Also impressed with the organisation at the stadium. No queues at all for beers. A fantastic night.

First Team

Probably my age but I have genuinely never heard of this band.

And because of my age and in particular my hearing loss I probably won’t hear them tonight, which may be a blessing.

I've never heard of them in my life!

Lots of slightly scary looking 50 and 60 years olds walking around town in their leathers yesterday lunchtime. I initially assumed it was the annual CCMB convention in the motorpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've never heard of them in my life!

Lots of slightly scary looking 50 and 60 years olds walking around town in their leathers yesterday lunchtime. I initially assumed it was the annual CCMB convention in the motorpoint.
    They are one of the biggest bands in the world with a huge and loyal following but are not considered mainstream so get little airplay. That makes their success even more impressive. If last night’s gig was replicated at Glastonbury you would have heard about them. I reckon they would break crowd records there.

I was just about to ask you how it went and spotted this!

A guy I sit next to at CCFC was going, haven't heard from him yet but it's only 10:59! Glad you had a great time. I live pretty close so it was buzzing last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was just about to ask you how it went and spotted this!

A guy I sit next to at CCFC was going, haven't heard from him yet but it's only 10:59! Glad you had a great time. I live pretty close so it was buzzing last night.

Went with my son. He booked the tickets three years ago! It’s been a long wait. He absolutely loved it. So did I. Although I wish they would do Spiel Uhr live!

Lots of empty seats

Or was that for safety reasons ? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Lots of empty seats

Or was that for safety reasons ? ��
    I think in the lowest tier lots of people just went onto the pitch and stood through the gig. There were also areas behind the stage and other parts of the stadium where tickets were not being sold but yes there were plenty of empty seats. However if all those standing had been in seats the stadium would have been close to full. I’m guessing 60,000 plus last night.

They are one of the biggest bands in the world with a huge and loyal following but are not considered mainstream so get little airplay. That makes their success even more impressive. If last night’s gig was replicated at Glastonbury you would have heard about them. I reckon they would break crowd records there.
    Just googled them and listened to something called 'Dikke Titten'.
    What a pile of old shyte.
    Is this representative of them? If so I can understand why they get little airplay

Music for School Shooters and Dungeons an Dragons players.