+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Richarlison to join Conte at Spurs, what a...

Richarlison to join Conte at Spurs, what a...

..pair of prima donnas; wait until Richarlison is subbed for the first time

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football

Re: Richarlison to join Conte at Spurs, what a...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Good singing, Spurs are going to be a force with Conte

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

He'll either buy into Conte's methods, or he'll be out the door. Lot's of great players have praised Conte and thanked him for making them better.

His sulkiness eclipses even Anelka and that's saying something. A decent footballer but if his countenance is as surly off the pitch as on it, one can only imagine the detrimental effect it will have on team spirit.

Hard to work out where he’ll play. Both him and Kane will want to be first team strikers and Spurs only play with one up top.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Sing their way to the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Lovely voice apparently

International

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    His sulkiness eclipses even Anelka and that's saying something. A decent footballer but if his countenance is as surly off the pitch as on it, one can only imagine the detrimental effect it will have on team spirit.
    Is he that bad?

He looks a good player but I didn't know he had such a bad reputation?

If he didn’t spend so much time on the floor ,looking as though he ‘s been pole-axed , he wouldn’t be a bad player. I don’t rate him and wouldn’t want him in my team.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Hard to work out where he’ll play. Both him and Kane will want to be first team strikers and Spurs only play with one up top.
    I'm guessing he will replace Bergwijn or Moura in the line-up as they play with a front 3 under Conte.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Is he that bad?

I'm going by his sullen disposition. He appears to be permanently pi**ed off when he's on the pitch. Have you ever seen him smile, even after he's scored ?

Is he that bad?

It took me 5 mins to find out that he would be a credit to any football team, both on and off the pitch, and I expect him to thrive under Conte.

Is he that bad?

He doesn’t

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He doesn’t
    Snippet from an article posted in The Athletic:

Richarlison was living at America Mineiro’s training ground when a shipment of clothing arrived with his name on it.

He was only a teenager, still just a ripple on the surface of the Brazilian game, but he had just agreed his first sponsorship deal with Nike. So they sent him tracksuits, training kit, shoes and boots, all shiny and box-fresh.

It would have been an exciting moment for any young player; for Richarlison, who had been selling ice lollies on dirt roads just a couple of years prior, it must have felt completely surreal. In the circumstances, he would have been forgiven for feeling a swell of pride, or even lording it over his team-mates. But no, that wasn’t Richarlison. Richarlison had other plans.

Quietly, he retreated to his room. He took all of his old clothes and stuffed them into a suitcase, then walked out of the main gate. The other kids in the dormitory had no idea what he was up to; when he returned, a couple of hours later, he still wouldn’t tell them. The truth only emerged later, after much pestering from his room-mate.

Richarlison had taken his belongings into town, to the centre of Belo Horizonte, and handed them out to homeless people. “He gave them everything, including the suitcase,” recalls Guilherme Xavier, one of his closest friends from the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Snippet from an article posted in The Athletic:

Richarlison was living at America Mineiro’s training ground when a shipment of clothing arrived with his name on it.

He was only a teenager, still just a ripple on the surface of the Brazilian game, but he had just agreed his first sponsorship deal with Nike. So they sent him tracksuits, training kit, shoes and boots, all shiny and box-fresh.

It would have been an exciting moment for any young player; for Richarlison, who had been selling ice lollies on dirt roads just a couple of years prior, it must have felt completely surreal. In the circumstances, he would have been forgiven for feeling a swell of pride, or even lording it over his team-mates. But no, that wasn’t Richarlison. Richarlison had other plans.

Quietly, he retreated to his room. He took all of his old clothes and stuffed them into a suitcase, then walked out of the main gate. The other kids in the dormitory had no idea what he was up to; when he returned, a couple of hours later, he still wouldn’t tell them. The truth only emerged later, after much pestering from his room-mate.

Richarlison had taken his belongings into town, to the centre of Belo Horizonte, and handed them out to homeless people. “He gave them everything, including the suitcase,” recalls Guilherme Xavier, one of his closest friends from the time.
    "Whatever the future holds for him, he won’t change. That much is evident when you speak to those who carry memories of Richarlison in their hearts and minds.

“What really stays with me is his big heart,” concludes Marcao. “I once had the opportunity to go to Liverpool and see a few (Everton) games. He hosted us and gave us such a great reception. He was generous and attentive, with the sense of joy that he always had.

“We ate with him at the stadium after one of the matches. He took out his phone and showed me a video. It was of us working together at the Fluminense training ground, late one evening. Night was falling, but there we were, me, him and a goalkeeper, working on his finishing. He hadn’t forgotten it; he kept the memory with him, and the video is still on his phone, all these years later.

“That’s what makes the kid such a winner. He remembers his roots and the people who helped him get where he is today. Even though he is now strutting his stuff out in the big, wide world, he is still the Richarlison I knew. That is the best present you can receive as a coach.”

Honestly Mike, Moodybluebird should be permanently banned for this

To be fair, he does seem to be guilty of wanting to win football matches

"Whatever the future holds for him, he won’t change. That much is evident when you speak to those who carry memories of Richarlison in their hearts and minds.

“What really stays with me is his big heart,” concludes Marcao. “I once had the opportunity to go to Liverpool and see a few (Everton) games. He hosted us and gave us such a great reception. He was generous and attentive, with the sense of joy that he always had.

“We ate with him at the stadium after one of the matches. He took out his phone and showed me a video. It was of us working together at the Fluminense training ground, late one evening. Night was falling, but there we were, me, him and a goalkeeper, working on his finishing. He hadn’t forgotten it; he kept the memory with him, and the video is still on his phone, all these years later.

“That’s what makes the kid such a winner. He remembers his roots and the people who helped him get where he is today. Even though he is now strutting his stuff out in the big, wide world, he is still the Richarlison I knew. That is the best present you can receive as a coach.”

Nice one 👍

Just wish he'd cheer up a tad lol

Tidy player

New fan's favourite!

Conte's opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSa59d7uSc

Is he crying because he can only do 4 keepy-uppies with only his right foot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Is he crying because he can only do 4 keepy-uppies with only his right foot ?
    Playing in the Champions League was his lifelong dream, and he got to share that special moment with his family.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tot...122800193.html

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/14939...ugh-upbringing

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Playing in the Champions League was his lifelong dream, and he got to share that special moment with his family.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tot...122800193.html

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/14939...ugh-upbringing
    Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Bless
    Yes, bless all the players like Richarlison & Mane who made it against all the odds and actually have a conscience, and never forget where they came from