+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MU v Real Sociadad

MU v Real Sociadad

Pelanty given for handball at point blank range and hitting the players leg before hitting the arm.

Can't believe VAR didn't overturn it

MU 0-1 RSoc

Re: MU v Real Sociadad

VAR IS WANK

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    VAR IS WANK
    Not if the decision goes against Man U, they had Fergie touchline technology for years to profit from.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not if the decision goes against Man U, they had Fergie touchline technology for years to profit from.
    Haha true. I’ll never like VAR, killed the passion in the game. If it ever came into the Championship I’d have to reassess my attendance. I hate it that much

nice goal by Antonio in the west ham game, strength and pace

0-1 FS.

I have no affinity to either team in this case but there are a couple of things about the pelanty incident that bother me.

I can understand why the ref gave the decision initially as his angle of sight may well not have not picked up the ball hitting the thigh first.

However, the faceless VAR person had the luxury of lots of camera angles so he should have ruled minimum that the referee has another look pitchside.

Also Martinez's arms were not in a false position.
    Where the feck was he meant to put them?

This was such a pivotal point in the game and there was no excuse for getting it wrong.

VAR sucks and has to be revamped.

United lost

Let us be grateful 🙏

I don't really watch enough live premier league football as I don't have sky or BT sport or any of it.

It seems to me though that after a lot of opposition a year or so ago things worked well last season?

So whats happened this season? Has there been a change in approach?

Game shouldn’t have been played after more important things took over. Shows how much money ,takes priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Game shouldn’t have been played after more important things took over. Shows how much money ,takes priority.
    obviously

I suspect you wouldn’t have been thinking that if you were a Real Sociedad fan who had already travelled to Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Pelanty given for handball at point blank range and hitting the players leg before hitting the arm.

Can't believe VAR didn't overturn it

MU 0-1 RSoc
    I only watched the last 10 mins but what was noticeable was the quite abrupt ending of the coverage of the game (rightly so really)

It reminded me that all of the post- match punditry is just utterly superfluous rubbish anyway. Very refreshing.

Not sure how you knew I wasn’t feeling 100% but do appreciate the concern.