+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Days of Rome

Last Days of Rome

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...elf-and-others

Is there no deeper hole these idiots can find?

Re: Last Days of Rome

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...elf-and-others

Is there no deeper hole these idiots can find?
    According to other outlets, Mr Whippy was accused of groping someone on the night out.

Lads, bants, lads, bants....

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    According to other outlets, Mr Whippy was accused of groping someone on the night out.

Hope its not Prince Charles. it could really f+ck with LoMs moral compass

Hope its not Prince Charles. it could really f+ck with LoMs moral compass

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post

The Deputy Chief Whip resigns after "drunkenly groping two men".

Four words ffs. This is the Deputy Chief Whip of the Parliamentary Party. Those chosen for their puritanism as being above reproach so they can keep the rest of the rabble in order. What do the whips have on the rest of this shithole of a party that this guy keeps order?

He seemingly has form, of course...

Pincher by name, Pincher by...

Politico are reporting that Pincher had a “bodyguard” allocated to him whose job it was to make sure he didn’t get too pissed - my mind goes back to the Major Government between 92 and 97 which was clearly on its way out and became something of an ill disciplined rabble, but they were nowhere near as bad as this lot.

Have a look at this, Johnson apologists will say it’s only the Guardian, but all of the things listed did happen, what a roll of shame.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Politico are reporting that Pincher had a “bodyguard” allocated to him whose job it was to make sure he didn’t get too pissed - my mind goes back to the Major Government between 92 and 97 which was clearly on its way out and became something of an ill disciplined rabble, but they were nowhere near as bad as this lot.

Have a look at this, Johnson apologists will say it’s only the Guardian, but all of the things listed did happen, what a roll of shame.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-boris-johnson
    But those are just some of the highlights of personal scandals.

No mention of PEP contract corruption (or for Boris apologists: PEP contract gross incompetence leading to massive profits for Tory donors and supporters), Raab on his sun lounger whilst the Afghanistan evacuation left hundreds behind (or pets before people!), or proroguing parliament. Nothing about Jennifer Arcuri either.

The true list of scandals under Boris Johnson's premiership is very long!

Still always entertaining to do a Top X list. Gets us in the mood for Christmas.

Pincher suspended by the Tories, so they can move on, yet again, now.

Pincher suspended by the Tories, so they can move on, yet again, now.
    Four hours previously a No 10 spokesperson said Johnson considers the resignation as closing the matter. Notwithstanding that these spokespeople are the supposed grown ups that were brought in to firm up the shop post-Partygate, this shows the ever decreasing grip that Johnson has on the party. Things are sure to accelerate from here.

Little doubt in my mind that the reason Johnson was vaccillating again was because sacking someone for a sexual scandal would bring his own sexual behaviour into ever sharper focus!

Four hours previously a No 10 spokesperson said Johnson considers the resignation as closing the matter. Notwithstanding that these spokespeople are the supposed grown ups that were brought in to firm up the shop post-Partygate, this shows the ever decreasing grip that Johnson has on the party. Things are sure to accelerate from here.

Little doubt in my mind that the reason Johnson was vaccillating again was because sacking someone for a sexual scandal would bring his own sexual behaviour into ever sharper focus!
    I read an article yesterday saying that Johnson had taken a decision that he was going to put the emphasis on policy from now on - that went well didn’t it.

I read an article yesterday saying that Johnson had taken a decision that he was going to put the emphasis on policy from now on - that went well didn’t it.
    The one thing that concerns me is that eventually with these mounting scandals there will be a straw that will break the camel's back and Blojo will be defenestrated. I want to hold on to him as long as possible because he's the most effective performer on the Opposition side by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The one thing that concerns me is that eventually with these mounting scandals there will be a straw that will break the camel's back and Blojo will be defenestrated. I want to hold on to him as long as possible because he's the most effective performer on the Opposition side by far.
    I often think the same, but the country is going down the tubes under this man - I’m not blaming Johnson entirely for the fact that there are cases of polio in this country for the first time in 40 years, but it indicative of a trend whereby we seem to be heading back to some of the worst aspects of the seventies.

I often think the same, but the country is going down the tubes under this man - I’m not blaming Johnson entirely for the fact that there are cases of polio in this country for the first time in 40 years, but it indicative of a trend whereby we seem to be heading back to some of the worst aspects of the seventies.
    I've said before, I want Johnson gone because he stains our democracy and if the Tories get a lift after his demise so be it. That said, each of the last three Tory PMs has been worse than the last. The church against Johnson stretches from the rump of the ERG to the soft right remainers.

My guess is that this fractured party will look even more fractured after its left/right/johnson loyalist battle for the next leadership. No other reason he's still there but a weaker rank of assassins than the current party and potential future leaders you are likely not to witness!

America is falling at a faster rate under Biden, so why does he get a free pass? You may have your preferences, but they are two sides of the same coin, and what we are witnessing is a controlled implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    America is falling at a faster rate under Biden, so why does he get a free pass? You may have your preferences, but they are two sides of the same coin, and what we are witnessing is a controlled implosion.
    Controlled?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Controlled?

No.
    Of course it is, all these events are running in a specific order. The Liberal World Order have got this, and tough luck if at some point you don't like it!

I've made my opinion clear on Johnson, I think he shoiuld be gone and I hope the 1922 committee after it is relected changes the rules to allow another vote by the Mp's and that next time more of them show some basic common sense.

But unless I have missed something, I am not sure why you are blaming Johnson at all for the polio virus that has appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I've made my opinion clear on Johnson, I think he shoiuld be gone and I hope the 1922 committee after it is relected changes the rules to allow another vote by the Mp's and that next time more of them show some basic common sense.

But unless I have missed something, I am not sure why you are blaming Johnson at all for the polio virus that has appeared.
    In isolation, an outbreak of polio should not be linked to a political party, but there are so many sources now acknowledging that the poverty gap in the UK has grown in the last twelve years and is it too much of a stretch to imagine that conditions now exist in which diseases we thought had been consigned to history in this country could make a comeback?

Ah, a direct question. Now, if I were you, I’d answer it with what I thought was a devastating put down, something like it’s a plan of a parody or whatever inconsequential rubbish you came out with when I asked you such a question, but my answer is far more prosaic I’m afraid.-

Thisthread was started with the UK Government in mind and was entirely about that subject until your intervention. As someone who lives in the UK and is directly influenced by decisions the UK Government makes, I have far more interest in them than I do in what’s happening in America, but only a zealot like you could come to a conclusion that by not saying anything about Joe Biden in a thread which was solely about the UK Government, I’m giving the Biden Governmenta a “free pass”.

You look at the world today and appear to see a degree of planning and intelligence to what is happening, whereas all I see is a series of mediocre politicians making a bad situation worse through their ineptitude - cock up beats conspiracy 99 per cent of the time in my book.

You look at the world today and appear to see a degree of planning and intelligence to what is happening, whereas all I see is a series of mediocre politicians making a bad situation worse through their ineptitude - cock up beats conspiracy 99 per cent of the time in my book.

Another cock up that only the mediocre great reset politicians failed to see, while everybody else knew it was coming?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cooling...st-11656674342

Another cock up that only the mediocre great reset politicians failed to see, while everybody else knew it was coming?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cooling...st-11656674342
    What does it say? I haven't got a Wall Street Journal subscription - and that's the way it will stay.

I've said before, I want Johnson gone because he stains our democracy and if the Tories get a lift after his demise so be it. That said, each of the last three Tory PMs has been worse than the last. The church against Johnson stretches from the rump of the ERG to the soft right remainers.

My guess is that this fractured party will look even more fractured after its left/right/johnson loyalist battle for the next leadership. No other reason he's still there but a weaker rank of assassins than the current party and potential future leaders you are likely not to witness!