+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radio 2

Radio 2

I see the BBC is possibly shooting itself in the foot again by replacing the Steve Wright in the afternoon show with Scott Mills for 2 hours and extending the Sara Cox show by an hour. Didn’t they learn anything from the Simon Mayo experiment with Jo Whitley?

Re: Radio 2

Steve Wright has gone stale but Scott Mills??? Really?? He’s been a disaster when stepping in for Ken Bruce.

I still enjoy the Steve Wright show but totally agree about Scott Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I see the BBC is possibly shooting itself in the foot again by replacing the Steve Wright in the afternoon show with Scott Mills for 2 hours and extending the Sara Cox show by an hour. Didn’t they learn anything from the Simon Mayo experiment with Jo Whitley?
    Sorry but I don't see the comparison?
    Didn't they try Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley as joint presenters?

Never miss Steve Wright Ona Sunday morning, great show

Bloop, perhaps a poor example,my point is Simon Mayo had a very successful show and the BBC messed with the format and Simon Mayo left and has pretty much the exact same show on Greatest Hits. I wonder if Steve Wright will end up there ?

I only ever listen to pop master.Gold or Planet rock for me.

Ken Bruce is unbelievably bland. About as exciting as a wet dishcloth.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Steve Wright has gone stale but Scott Mills??? Really?? He’s been a disaster when stepping in for Ken Bruce.
    Steve Wright belonged in the past with his “Love your show Steve” but Scott Mills offers nothing. He is just incredibly dull

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Ken Bruce is unbelievably bland. About as exciting as a wet dishcloth.

I think he’s great. Gentle, dry sense of humour and never ever talks over the back end of songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Steve Wright belonged in the past with his “Love your show Steve” but Scott Mills offers nothing. He is just incredibly dull
    Perhaps the only talent that the BBC could recruit within their, don't upset the Daily Mail, wage structures and enforced austerity is the likes of Scott Mills?

I think he’s great. Gentle, dry sense of humour and never ever talks over the back end of songs.
    I was under the impression that they talk over the back end of songs to deter illegal recordings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I was under the impression that they talk over the back end of songs to deter illegal recordings?
    Wasn’t aware of this and Ken Bruce doesn’t do it but Steve Wright cuts in really early

Steve Wright is awful, if he is going I might be able to have Radio 2 on in the afternoon . Although 6 music and https://www.bluesandrootsradio.com/ are my preferred stations.

Bloop, perhaps a poor example,my point is Simon Mayo had a very successful show and the BBC messed with the format and Simon Mayo left and has pretty much the exact same show on Greatest Hits. I wonder if Steve Wright will end up there ?
    Ah ok. I think the Simon Mayo situation was entirely different as they pissed on his chips in order to tick a few boxes by squeezing a female presenter into the daily schedule.
    I notice that Steve Wright is still doing his Sunday Radio 2 show, so I think him leaving afternoons is his decision and not influenced by anything else other than to reduce his workload. I doubt his new BBC contract would allow him to work for a direct competitor at the same time anyway.

No. And they never will. Sara Cox and Jo Whitley are abysmal radio presenters, seeing Whitley introducing Glastonbury where you could see her knickers was disgraceful, and to make matters worse she was so friggin’ patronising.
    Everyone deserves a chance, but it should be on ability not just gender.

And don’t mention Scott Mills - Aargh useless.

I'd be up for listening to more radio but getting replacement valves is a right b*gger these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd be up for listening to more radio but getting replacement valves is a right b*gger these days.
    You can get them in Home Bargains, so no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Years ago, possibly, but if there's anyone still recording songs off the radio then they need help!

Wasn’t aware of this and Ken Bruce doesn’t do it but Steve Wright cuts in really early
    He does. I can't listen to him as a result. I like to have more than one verse and chorus of a song.

BTW, all the jingles that Wright uses in his show are owned by him and he gets royalties for them all every show.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Years ago, possibly, but if there's anyone still recording songs off the radio then they need help!
    Trying to press the pause button before Annie Nightingale spoke on a Sunday evening was an art in itself.

I thought Vernon Kay was really good on the breakfast show this week.
    Don't get the Scott Mills thing though.

Steve Wright is an utter prick. Keeps talking over the records he plays and is also an unfunny cockney wanker. Good riddance to a pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Steve Wright is an utter prick. Keeps talking over the records he plays and is also an unfunny cockney wanker. Good riddance to a pile of shit.
    Well if you don’t like him, don’t beat around the bush, say so.