+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio 2

Re: Radio 2

Got to love the Harp player on the Steve Wright show every Wednesday .

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Got to love the Harp player on the Steve Wright show every Wednesday .
    Its that sarcasm? Steve Wright is years out of date, formulaic crap. Serious Jockin is a joke that has run its time. Only thing I like about his show is when he's on holiday and Craig Charles stands in. But Scott Mills is even worse.

Even worse than Steve Wright talking over the end of songs is when he sings over them.

Tommy Vance Friday Rock Show

Used to record it

Steve Wright was funny for a late teenager and a student in my day but so much of his stuff went on and on till one day he must have been told .....time for new material Steve !

Was always going on about his wife Cindy

The woman who used to help him on the show was sexy though

Saw him on TV the other day and he looked like weird Al jankovich

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Even worse than Steve Wright talking over the end of songs is when he sings over them.
    That’s a thing that pisses me off as well, so annoying. Another, perhaps trivial, complaint of mine is that he never mentions the name of the artiste, maybe it’s just me that gets annoyed by this but the presenter should always announce who’s performed the song/music they’ve just played. An you can shove that serous jocking right up your jacksie. The f*cker starts plugging it on a Monday for Christ’s sake, no-one’s interested.
    When I’m moaning, the young lad who works for me says ‘Put Talk Sport on then’……I draw the line at that.

Has that shite Sarah Cox been crucified on this thread yet? Absolute dog shite, although, according to her, she loves everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s a thing that pisses me off as well, so annoying. Another, perhaps trivial, complaint of mine is that he never mentions the name of the artiste, maybe it’s just me that gets annoyed by this but the presenter should always announce who’s performed the song/music they’ve just played. An you can shove that serous jocking right up your jacksie. The f*cker starts plugging it on a Monday for Christ’s sake, no-one’s interested.
    When I’m moaning, the young lad who works for me says ‘Put Talk Sport on then’……I draw the line at that.
    You should keep an eye on your DAB radio, then you’d know who sang the previous song.

https://youtu.be/IaQCr4PIsHE

Nicey is basically Steve Wright

That Janey Lee Grace was on the sauce until she became a Christian

God bless her

Least favourite DJ ?

Mike Reid , what a **** he was , raving tory

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/IaQCr4PIsHE

Nicey is basically Steve Wright

That Janey Lee Grace was on the sauce until she became a Christian

God bless her

Least favourite DJ ?

Mike Reid , what a **** he was , raving tory
    RELAX

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Steve Wright is an utter prick. Keeps talking over the records he plays and is also an unfunny cockney wanker. Good riddance to a pile of shit.
    Don't beat around the bush matey. Tell it like it is As it happens, I tend to agree with you. Not listened to Radio 2 for years and gave up listening to Radio 4 a couple of years ago as it is so right-on, woke, pc snowflake fascist. As for Radio 1, don't get me started. The only daytime presenter they have ever had that was any good good, retired from the Radio 1 in 1976, and that was the great Johnny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You should keep an eye on your DAB radio, then you’d know who sang the previous song.
    DAB Radio ? ? ? is that like a wireless for youngsters ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    DAB Radio ? ? ? is that like a wireless for youngsters ? ? ?
    No, it’s radio for those who ain’t got an idea how to find a station

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    RELAX

Very good

Scott Mills.. tick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Don't beat around the bush matey. Tell it like it is As it happens, I tend to agree with you. Not listened to Radio 2 for years and gave up listening to Radio 4 a couple of years ago as it is so right-on, woke, pc snowflake fascist. As for Radio 1, don't get me started. The only daytime presenter they have ever had that was any good good, retired from the Radio 1 in 1976, and that was the great Johnny Walker
    Johnny Walker is still on Radio 2.
    6 Music is good

Innuendo Bingo has only just returned to Radio 1 with Scott Mills. Will it make Radio 2? Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Innuendo Bingo has only just returned to Radio 1 with Scott Mills. Will it make Radio 2? Hope so.
    Innuendo and out the other

Cave In , great band

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Radio 2 is unbelievably bland. About as exciting as a wet dishcloth.
    Fixed

Radio 2 is bland and boring as ****. Might as well just broadcast Elton John's Greatest Hits on shuffle and repeat. Because that's all it is. Mediocre, middle of the road, crap.

Radio 2 is bland and boring as ****. Might as well just broadcast Elton John's Greatest Hits on shuffle and repeat. Because that's all it is. Mediocre, middle of the road, crap.
    May be in the day time, but Cerys Mathews Blues Show and Mark Radcliffe's Folk Show are both worth listening to.

But that's what most people want?

Radio 2 will never be any good in fear of offending somebody

It’s the equivalent of elevator music

As for Scott Mills, I grew up with him on radio 1 who was brilliant back a few years ago but it’s the same old chat and jokes and for me it’s stale but you have to give him a shot.

DJs seem to move from Radio 1 to Radio 2 with their own generation.
    Plenty have moved in my lifetime. Scott Mills moving is the latest and will bring listeners with him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    DJs seem to move from Radio 1 to Radio 2 with their own generation.
    Plenty have moved in my lifetime. Scott Mills moving is the latest and will bring listeners with him.
    What did you think of Max Jaffa, old fruit?