+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club Memberships 2022/23

Club Memberships 2022/23

I found the 250 mile round trip to home games a bit too much of a grind last season so have decided not to get a season ticket this year. Is there any info on when the Club Membership will become available and whether there will be options such as the 6 game packages that were offered in previous years?

Re: Club Memberships 2022/23

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I found the 250 mile round trip to home games a bit too much of a grind last season so have decided not to get a season ticket this year. Is there any info on when the Club Membership will become available and whether there will be options such as the 6 game packages that were offered in previous years?
    I don’t think so, but it will probably be the same as last year (I don’t remember any 6 game packages):

Pay £30 each and get in the queue hoping to qualify for the right to buy. Last year was challenging at times which making having to continue to pay for the privilege of maybe buying tickets all the more irritating.

There’s nearly always no-shows on the coaches, take a chance

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    There’s nearly always no-shows on the coaches, take a chance
    I suspect Bobby will respond asking whether you will do detours to West London to pick him up.

Has the club offered the 6-game packages since we were last in the Premier League? The stadium is probably going to be half-empty all season, so you're not going to have much trouble getting tickets for home games.

I suspect Bobby will respond asking whether you will do detours to West London to pick him up.
    Surrey actually….😊

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Surrey actually….��
    Don’t apologise, it’s a sign of weakness

I admire your commitment, and the other long distance travellers.

I found the 4 mile round trip a challenge at times.

I'm in the same position as the OP but have a 300 mile round trip so no season ticket for me this year. However, I want to attend the Norwich game but am wondering when the matchday tickets will go on sale. (Season tickets are up but not for individual games other than friendlies.) Any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I admire your commitment, and the other long distance travellers.

I found the 4 mile round trip a challenge at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Surrey actually….😊
    That's torn it my old son.....no pick ups sarf of the river!

Club Memberships go on sale on Monday
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/tick...ub-memberships

£30 for away members - fecking criminal

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I agree. Long distance supporters make a huge commitment in time and money to attend matches. In the winter, due to an eye condition, as well as attending a match I have to stay in a hotel overnight. That, the cost of the ticket, fuel and meals means it already costs me at least £200 to attend a single match. This year I doubt whether I will attend more than a few matches so this club membership is not for me; in fact I wonder if the club is interested in attracting long distance supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I agree. Long distance supporters make a huge commitment in time and money to attend matches. In the winter, due to an eye condition, as well as attending a match I have to stay in a hotel overnight. That, the cost of the ticket, fuel and meals means it already costs me at least £200 to attend a single match. This year I doubt whether I will attend more than a few matches so this club membership is not for me; in fact I wonder if the club is interested in attracting long distance supporters.
    I'm finding the 220 mile return trip in one day harder going now. Knocking on £30 return for fuel, alone. I stayed over once (Peterborough at home) and the costs soon add up. I've renewed my older farts ST and plan on doing about 10 home matches to make it worthwhile along with a similar number of aways, excluding pre-season. Let's hope there is something more worthwhile to watch this season. As for attracting long distance supporters, I don't think the club market themselves well at all, never mind how far you travel.

Yeah I didn't renew me and my sons membership last year because £50 before we even start but what justifies the club now putting the membership up to £30 it's not like we distance supporters get any perks on travel maybe a discount in the club shop - but we're not scarfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Can I just ask what do you think would be a reasonable charge, bearing in mind that the club is incurring costs in operating the membership scheme, which is after all for the benefit of our away supporters to enable them to get tickets and access grounds. The tone of your message appears that you think they should be free or as near as makes no difference. Its not the clubs fault that travel costs are currently so high and I wouldn't have thought that they are making much if anything out of this.

Why is it anything to do with the club where their supporters live and have to travel from ? It is totally outside their control. Are you suggesting that tickets should be cheaper the further away someone lives ? Our ticket prices are already very competitive and season tickets haven't increased much, if anything, in price for quite a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Can I just ask what do you think would be a reasonable charge, bearing in mind that the club is incurring costs in operating the membership scheme, which is after all for the benefit of our away supporters to enable them to get tickets and access grounds. The tone of your message appears that you think they should be free or as near as makes no difference. Its not the clubs fault that travel costs are currently so high and I wouldn't have thought that they are making much if anything out of this.
    Why shouldn’t they be free? Why do we even need an away membership? We won’t sell out the majority of our away games and you can have a fan number without having a membership so keeping track of who’s been to X number of games should be trivial. Clearly it’s not essential to the process as lots of clubs sell away tickets on the day without asking for a membership.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Firstly my tone is on the anger side because i feel the club is taking the piss. Most championship clubs don't charge their fans away membership because it's not necessary, Season ticket holders don't occur this charge and after all their only paying for home games. anyone can call the ticket office and buy a home ticket without any membership status so why do us supporters who prefer to travel away have to pay an upfront fee for the privilege. I could swallow a fee for the membership card but come on £30 every season I ain't buying it no more.