+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

Re: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

I'm going, I think it'll go down to stage 3 for wales fans and everyone who wants one will get one through the general ballot apart from the England game probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Besides seeing the games I think it will be less than an uplifting experience and does anyone know what a beer will cost?
    The 15 years in jail for being drunk got me….I’m ruined on 3 pints these days

I hope the game we go out the squad have a little protest in the way fans won’t be allowed to

Way too much money for me to maybe watch football in a soulless stadium in a soulless city/country. The appeal of the World Cup to me is meeting all sorts of people from all sorts of cultures all united by one thing, sport.

I'd much prefer to save my money and enjoy the likes of the 2023 RWC in France, 2024 Paris Olympics or 2024 Euros in Germany (fingers crossed we qualify). You could probably do all 3 of those events for the same price as the Qatar World Cup in much more enjoyable places.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Besides seeing the games I think it will be less than an uplifting experience and does anyone know what a beer will cost?
    Going to cost a arm and a leg

Think the venue has left a sour taste in most folks mouth and who in thier right mind would feel comfortable thier. Its the most unlikely football environment I can think off ??

Stay in CF go to pubs stimulate the economy..

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzlebluebirds View Post
    And you could end up.having them cut of, f just for kissing yer mate as Bale scores.

First Team

I’m giving it a miss.

Been fortunate in that I have gone to quite a few World Cups yet, for many reasons ,this one lacks any real appeal for me.

Will undoubtedly follow on the TV but I tip my hat to all of those making the effort.

It all seems so far removed from my first one (Spain 82) where a few of us decided to go ,only days before, with no tickets, little money and no accommodation.

The only plus in our arrangements was I had an O level in Spanish.
    Far more useful would have been a degree in avoiding scousers who lived up to their stereotype in some style .

Korea/ Japan was the best of the lot.

Expensive but what superb hosts those two nations were, on all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    It’ll be interesting on Tuesday as I imagine 99% of fans who’ve booked this trip don’t yet have tickets.

I’m bricking it as I’ve already gone all in and booked flights to Dubai and back, accommodation and three matchday shuttle flights to the tune of £5k for two of us without a guaranteed ticket.
    I thought you could not book the shuttle flights until you have a Hayya Card and you can't get a Hayya Card unless you have a ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzlebluebirds View Post
    Me n my sister are going,assuming the tickets Hays travel advertised are legit, and yes it cost a bloody fortune!

Thankfully I recently took redundancy and started a new job 3 weeks later so managed to use that

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    I thought you could not book the shuttle flights until you have a Hayya Card and you can't get a Hayya Card unless you have a ticket?
    I thought that too but have booked matchday shuttles with Qatar Airways from Dubai and back for all 3 games.

I’ve been led to believe that you won’t be able to check in / board unless you have the ticket uploaded onto the Hayya App for the game on the date you’re travelling.
    In effect this is your passport / visa to leave Dubai / enter Qatar

I just want to watch Wales play in a World Cup, I have no interest in Qatar which is why I’m not basing myself there.
    I went to the WC in Germany in 2006 and it was a global footy love in and I know this won’t be anywhere close to that experience unfortunately but these opportunities may come only once in a lifetime so I’d like to be a part of it just incase.

For the USA and England games we’re flying in around 8hours before KO, catch up with friends in the fan zone and have a beer or two, watch the game and then fly back after full time which will be midnight on the 4am flight
    Back in time for breakfast in our hotel in Abu Dhabi then relax by the pool with a few beers as it’s all inclusive.

The Iranian game is out an back the same day, back in time for supper

I thought that too but have booked matchday shuttles with Qatar Airways from Dubai and back for all 3 games.

I’ve been led to believe that you won’t be able to check in / board unless you have the ticket uploaded onto the Hayya App for the game on the date you’re travelling.

I just want to watch Wales play in a World Cup, I have no interest in Qatar which is why I’m not basing myself there.
    I went to the WC in Germany in 2006 and it was a global footy love in and I know this won’t be anywhere close to that experience unfortunately but these opportunities may come only once in a lifetime so I’d like to be a part of it just incase.

For the USA and England games we’re flying in around 8hours before KO, catch up with friends in the fan zone and have a beer or two, watch the game and then fly back after full time which will be midnight on the 4am flight
    Back in time for breakfast in our hotel in Abu Dhabi then relax by the pool with a few beers as it’s all inclusive.

Thanks for that. We are staying in Dubai. Got a nice 5 star hotel on the club floor with access to club lounge and free alcohol for 2 hours every night. So we'll drink as much as we can there. Sharjah is the closer airport for the shuttle. i'll book now.

Maybe see you out there, are you on the Wales Apostle forum?

That's what we're doing, not looking forward to the 4am flight back after the USA game!

Dubai will be ok I think, never had any real interest in going there so an excuse to see it, plus I think it will be enough going on to make it feel like a bit of a WC. It will be the main hub for it imo. Didn't bother with the England game though, Lens was bad enough, the thought of a shuttle flight in and out after being knocked out by them was enough to put me off but fingers crossed that won't be the case!

I normally make an effort to go to world cups and european championships even if it's just a holiday with random games.

Haven't given this one a second thought, it doesn't appeal at all.

Since Wales qualified, I've said I'd consider it if there was a 3-4 day break with flights and tickets for under a grand. But thats not going to happen, and even then thats a shit load of money.

Euro 2016 I got the eurostar and stayed in hostels, probably cost £150.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I’m giving it a miss.

Been fortunate in that I have gone to quite a few World Cups yet, for many reasons ,this one lacks any real appeal for me.

Will undoubtedly follow on the TV but I tip my hat to all of those making the effort.

It all seems so far removed from my first one (Spain 82) where a few of us decided to go ,only days before, with no tickets, little money and no accommodation.

The only plus in our arrangements was I had an O level in Spanish.
    Far more useful would have been a degree in avoiding scousers who lived up to their stereotype in some style .

Korea/ Japan was the best of the lot.

Expensive but what superb hosts those two nations were, on all levels.
    Going away on a whim…..those were the days

My Brother got a ticket.
    I'm in a general que...taking ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    My Brother got a ticket.
    I'm in a general que...taking ages.
    I got in and bought tickets within 2 hours , some of my mates are still in queue 8 hours later!!! Got tickets for Iran and England games

Having gone to the World Cup in Brazil and loved it, my friends and myself decided as soon as the location was announed, that for all sorts of reasons, not least the human rights record there, that we weren't going. Haven't seen anything to change our minds. Very sorry to miss Wales in the World Cup, but some things are much more important than football.

Was so disappointed that some of the major countries didn't decide to boycot the compatition. I guess money overrides everthing.

I got in within an hour and got -
    USA - 4 x Cat 3
    Iran - 4 x Cat 2
    England - 2 x Cat 2 (the wives don’t fancy going and prefer a day by the pool)

All through the public portal not the FAW
    I’m reading horror stories on tha Apostle forum, apparently Iran tickets sold out on the public portal !!!!

7 of us got iran tickets everything else sold out, except disabled tickets. but were off.

Question, if you get into Qatar with a USA match ticket, ca you then stay in the country ?

I'm not going to this one. I will be very keen to go to North America if we qualify for that one.

Lot's of people hanging online all day today get tickets from what I see in WhatsApp groups and on FB.

Best of luck to all those going. I fancy a week away for the group games, maybe Italy or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I'm not going to this one. I will be very keen to go to North America if we qualify for that one.

Lot's of people hanging online all day today get tickets from what I see in WhatsApp groups and on FB.

Best of luck to all those going. I fancy a week away for the group games, maybe Italy or something like that.
    You did mention Italy the other week, I’ve booked a fortnight in Tenerife to cover the group games. I’d advise booking sooner rather than later, prices seem to be rising everywhere abroad by the day. We were in Benidorm last week, the new hotel The Gold Arcos, brilliant place and we paid around £950 for the pair of us for the week. We did book a few months back, talking to guests who’d booked more recently, they’d paid around £1250 for five days.
    We’ve booked for a week in Malta at the end of August, cost £950 again. Out of interest I checked the price of the exact same holiday last night and that had gone up to £1250 also. Makes me think that travel companies/airlines will be bumping up prices even more when the World Cup is on, realising that more folk than usual at that time of year, although not actually going to Qatar, will be seeking to watch the games in sunnier climes.

I've been in a que for about 4 hours.
    About hardly movement on the progress Indicator.

Should have got up earlier...but I forgot.