+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

Hardly any threads, pleas for tickets etc....must be the lowest key tournament Wales has ever qualified for. Is it the political issues, vost or a combination of both ?

Re: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

From what I’ve seen it’s more logistics, pricing, tickets and general apathy for a WC in a country that doesn’t seem ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by I'll give you the Malky!! View Post
    Hardly any threads, pleas for tickets etc....must be the lowest key tournament Wales has ever qualified for. Is it the political issues, vost or a combination of both ?
    You’ve vost me ?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    From what I’ve seen it’s more logistics, pricing, tickets and general apathy for a WC in a country that doesn’t seem ready for it.
    https://wonkysheep.co.uk/walesworldcup/

This suggests the opposite, all available packages sold and a waiting list for expressions of interest should more become available.

Being in the middle of the regular season doesn't help either. When a tournament is in the summer it fills a gap, the timing of this year's is more of an inconvenience.

It's not bad, only ones I can think generating more interest that I remember are 2016 by a long way and marginally 2020/21.

The window for tickets opens on Tuesday 5th so I guess we will have a better idea of demand then.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The window for tickets opens on Tuesday 5th so I guess we will have a better idea of demand then.
    It’ll be interesting on Tuesday as I imagine 99% of fans who’ve booked this trip don’t yet have tickets.

I’m bricking it as I’ve already gone all in and booked flights to Dubai and back, accommodation and three matchday shuttle flights to the tune of £5k for two of us without a guaranteed ticket.

Besides seeing the games I think it will be less than an uplifting experience and does anyone know what a beer will cost?

If it’s anything like Dubai it’ll be £10+ a pint.
    Another reason we’re not staying in Doha and staying All inclusive in Abu Dhabi.

Also the pound is taking a battering against the AED and the Dollar so it’s getting more expensive by the day at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Besides seeing the games I think it will be less than an uplifting experience and does anyone know what a beer will cost?
    £5 a pint according to this article but probably double that outside defined fan zones.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...tball-27244676

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Tone View Post
    It’ll be interesting on Tuesday as I imagine 99% of fans who’ve booked this trip don’t yet have tickets.

I’m bricking it as I’ve already gone all in and booked flights to Dubai and back, accommodation and three matchday shuttle flights to the tune of £5k for two of us without a guaranteed ticket.
    Yeah, I think thats the case....not sure how easy it is to sell spares but I'll be on the lookout

It's just beyond belief that we only have 2000 tickets.

I want to go but just can't see me getting a ticket, which I think means no entry into Qatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

I want to go but just can't see me getting a ticket, which I think means no entry into Qatar.
    The ballot that opens on Tuesday is for all remaining games on general sale as well as the specific allocation for Welsh fans. It is possible that you could get a ticket for a Wales game through the general sales route if that hasn't sold out.

If you are not in red wall group 1 the best bet is general sale I expect.

Low ticket numbers, logistically expensive, in the winter, not a country I have the slightest interest in visiting. Qualifying really was the prize in and of itself for me, there’s something about this tournament that feels like it’s not a proper World Cup.

I probably won't even watch much of it on TV. The first group games kick off at 5am. I might get to watch a bit of the 2pm games. I might take the day off for the Wales/USA game.

The ballot that opens on Tuesday is for all remaining games on general sale as well as the specific allocation for Welsh fans. It is possible that you could get a ticket for a Wales game through the general sales route if that hasn't sold out.
    Thank you.
    Do you know what time they go on sale?
    Will have to get up early!

Sounds like a recipe for little atmosphere. Will the ground be filled with Qatari schoolchildren blowing the local equivalent of vuvuselas?

Thank you.
    Do you know what time they go on sale?
    Will have to get up early!
    10 am British Summer Time

10 am British Summer Time
    Nice One Cyril!

Sounds like a recipe for little atmosphere. Will the ground be filled with Qatari schoolchildren blowing the local equivalent of vuvuselas?
    Vuvuzelas, that is.

I’ll tell you by the end of the week once I know my ticket allocation

Won’t they get jailed or executed for blow jobs ?

You could all save your money (those who haven’t yet booked flights and accommodation) and follow the City home and away. You still wouldn’t miss any of our superb Wales games on TV. You all know this makes sense!