+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

Re: In nobody actually going to the World Cup ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You did mention Italy the other week, I’ve booked a fortnight in Tenerife to cover the group games. I’d advise booking sooner rather than later, prices seem to be rising everywhere abroad by the day. We were in Benidorm last week, the new hotel The Gold Arcos, brilliant place and we paid around £950 for the pair of us for the week. We did book a few months back, talking to guests who’d booked more recently, they’d paid around £1250 for five days.
    We’ve booked for a week in Malta at the end of August, cost £950 again. Out of interest I checked the price of the exact same holiday last night and that had gone up to £1250 also. Makes me think that travel companies/airlines will be bumping up prices even more when the World Cup is on, realising that more folk than usual at that time of year, although not actually going to Qatar, will be seeking to watch the games in sunnier climes.
    Good points SP. Cheers. Will keep that in mind and start looking sooner rather than later.

Reserve

Got 2 Cat 3 tickets for the USA game and just sorted flights and hotel in Dubai with flights to and from Doha on the matchday. Seems like avoided the issue with the queue, was in at half 10 although did have a panic when could only buy 1 ticket on each account with the code from the FAW rather than buying mine and my dad's ticket at the same time.

Edit: Also on the 4am flight back to Dubai after the game

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Question, if you get into Qatar with a USA match ticket, ca you then stay in the country ?
    They will give you free state accommodation if you hold hands with your friend.

Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Question, if you get into Qatar with a USA match ticket, ca you then stay in the country ?
    As far as i'm aware if you're in the country for over 24 hours you need to verify your accommodation in order to get the Hayaa visa thing

8hrs in the que.
    Sold-out for all games :(

Was incredibly easy to get tickets this morning as part of tier 2 with a Red Wall access code. Hopefully everyone else who is applying got lucky too!

Think (hope) I just bought one of ticombo.
    Just booked flights to Doha on the strength of it.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Was incredibly easy to get tickets this morning as part of tier 2 with a Red Wall access code. Hopefully everyone else who is applying got lucky too!
    Yeah my friend was in Tier 2 and had the same experience though he queued for 6 hours to get a USA ticket in the General Sale. I queued for 5 on Tuesday for Tier 1 tickets which in retrospect was a waste of a day, other than we also got tickets for 5 other games in four other different stadiums.