+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R I P Andy Goram

Re: R I P Andy Goram

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I read a piece on Goram yrs ago, where he denied involvement, but that pic (first time i’ve seen it) obviously disproves that.
    I apologise to Jordi Cule. I hate bigotry and all the sectarian shite that goes with it.
    Still the best keeper i’ve seen, but i think a lot less of him now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Or Taggert’s team, Partick Thistle 👍
    Great city Glasgow for football. Seen the Jaggies a few times, great afternoon, Queens Park too.

No need for the apology buddy, its appreciated mind. We all got opinions, I don't think either of us are far too sensitive.

I read a piece on Goram yrs ago, where he denied involvement, but that pic (first time i’ve seen it) obviously disproves that.
    I apologise to Jordi Cule. I hate bigotry and all the sectarian shite that goes with it.
    Still the best keeper i’ve seen, but i think a lot less of him now.
    Well that photo doesn’t hold him in the best of light

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great city Glasgow for football. Seen the Jaggies a few times, great afternoon, Queens Park too.

No need for the apology buddy, its appreciated mind. We all got opinions, I don't think either of us are far too sensitive.
    👍

Wasn't he the goalkeeper for Oldham Athletic when we beat them 7-1 up there?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Wasn't he the goalkeeper for Oldham Athletic when we beat them 7-1 up there?
    Yes he was.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you would be hard pressed to find many young men who haven't come Into contact in Belfast with either of the 2 sides back in the day, I shared a house in Sydney with a guy from Glasgow ( Protestant ) and his best mate from Belfast ( Catholic ) they met in India, the stories they told were well OTT ( catholic guy had watched on as someone was beaten to death on the guys doorstep ), both great guys and were happy to admit back home they would have been strangers and happily killed each other due to the religious difference , Both knew my football past ( from a mate who had lived with them for 6 months before I arrived ) and were more than happy to teach me a few of the songs to wind the other one up

The " could you go a chicken supper " song was often aired on the way back up the hill to our house after a night out
    Both knew my football past
    **** me

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes he was.
    From Wales Online:
    "Andy Campbell scored a hat-trick, taking his goals tally to six in four matches, with Leo Fortune-West (2), Peter Thorne and Scott Young completing the tally"
    I was listening on the radio that day whilst furniture shopping (no idea why that match was on in the Midlands, in a shop and loud enough to hear). City seemed to score every few minutes and it was 7 nil by the time we got home.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    From Wales Online:
    "Andy Campbell scored a hat-trick, taking his goals tally to six in four matches, with Leo Fortune-West (2), Peter Thorne and Scott Young completing the tally"
    I was listening on the radio that day whilst furniture shopping (no idea why that match was on in the Midlands, in a shop and loud enough to hear). City seemed to score every few minutes and it was 7 nil by the time we got home.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Wasn't complaining...but did somewhat distract from the task in hand.

He got hit on the head with a meat pie

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He got hit on the head with a meat pie
    The all important question. Was it a Clarkes pie?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you would be hard pressed to find many young men who haven't come Into contact in Belfast with either of the 2 sides back in the day, I shared a house in Sydney with a guy from Glasgow ( Protestant ) and his best mate from Belfast ( Catholic ) they met in India, the stories they told were well OTT ( catholic guy had watched on as someone was beaten to death on the guys doorstep ), both great guys and were happy to admit back home they would have been strangers and happily killed each other due to the religious difference.
    That's the thing, it's easy to look back and judge, but conflicts are drenched in propaganda and people are forced to choose sides. I've been in a war zone, and I've witnessed a coup in another country. Some horrible things happen when the hive mind takes over.

The all important question. Was it a Clarkes pie?
    It was the Oldham version of the Clarkes pie

Which hopefully is nicer than the original

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's the thing, it's easy to look back and judge, but conflicts are drenched in propaganda and people are forced to choose sides. I've been in a war zone, and I've witnessed a coup in another country. Some horrible things happen when the hive mind takes over.
    All very well but when you consider Goram was born in the divided society of war torn Bury, Lancashire...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    All very well but when you consider Goram was born in the divided society of war torn Bury, Lancashire...
    Was replying to Blue Matt about his house mates wanting to kill each other under different circumstances.

Was replying to Blue Matt about his house mates wanting to kill each other under different circumstances.
    I knew where you were going with it, just making the point about Goram plus I was being a bit of a knob about it.

I chatted to them both about it a lot ( both together and separately ) as it fascinated me as I was only young at the time and knew of the NI situation but never knew what it was truly like ) and it was just the way it was, it was so natural to them, when chatting to them they could hear how crazy it was, but knew when they went back home it would be back to hating the other side, different times back the I guess

That's fascinating! Which warzone was it and what coup did you witness?

This deserves a thread of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    From Wales Online:
    Say what you like about Gorams dodgy political connections but having Andy Campbell score a hat trick against you is definitely criminal