+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: R I P Andy Goram

  1. #21

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-41809005.html

    Hardly a terrorist loving knobhead FFS “

    Yes, I’ve met men deeply involved with the UVF and been in their company on fleeting occasions. But terrorist sympathiser? No.”
    you would be hard pressed to find many young men who haven't come Into contact in Belfast with either of the 2 sides back in the day, I shared a house in Sydney with a guy from Glasgow ( Protestant ) and his best mate from Belfast ( Catholic ) they met in India, the stories they told were well OTT ( catholic guy had watched on as someone was beaten to death on the guys doorstep ), both great guys and were happy to admit back home they would have been strangers and happily killed each other due to the religious difference , Both knew my football past ( from a mate who had lived with them for 6 months before I arrived ) and were more than happy to teach me a few of the songs to wind the other one up

    The " could you go a chicken supper " song was often aired on the way back up the hill to our house after a night out

  2. #22

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That is absolute bollox
    Goram1.jpg

  3. #23

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’ve got form on here for seeing things through green tinted specs. Take a look at yourself first.
    For clarity...

    I don't particularly side with the other lot of demented knobheads who masquerade as Celtic fans.

    One team in Glasgow.

    Pollok FC.

  4. #24

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    For clarity...

    I don't particularly side with the other lot of demented knobheads who masquerade as Celtic fans.

    One team in Glasgow.

    Pollok FC.
    Or Taggert’s team, Partick Thistle 👍

  5. #25

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    What a Twat. If that was Neil Lennon holding up an IRA flag then there would be plenty on here spitting out their cornflakes.

  6. #26

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I read a piece on Goram yrs ago, where he denied involvement, but that pic (first time i’ve seen it) obviously disproves that.
    I apologise to Jordi Cule. I hate bigotry and all the sectarian shite that goes with it.
    Still the best keeper i’ve seen, but i think a lot less of him now.

  7. #27

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Or Taggert’s team, Partick Thistle 👍
    Great city Glasgow for football. Seen the Jaggies a few times, great afternoon, Queens Park too.

    No need for the apology buddy, its appreciated mind. We all got opinions, I don't think either of us are far too sensitive.

  8. #28

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I read a piece on Goram yrs ago, where he denied involvement, but that pic (first time i’ve seen it) obviously disproves that.
    I apologise to Jordi Cule. I hate bigotry and all the sectarian shite that goes with it.
    Still the best keeper i’ve seen, but i think a lot less of him now.
    Well that photo doesn’t hold him in the best of light

  9. #29

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Great city Glasgow for football. Seen the Jaggies a few times, great afternoon, Queens Park too.

    No need for the apology buddy, its appreciated mind. We all got opinions, I don't think either of us are far too sensitive.
    👍

  10. #30

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Wasn't he the goalkeeper for Oldham Athletic when we beat them 7-1 up there?

  11. #31

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Wasn't he the goalkeeper for Oldham Athletic when we beat them 7-1 up there?
    Yes he was.

  12. #32

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you would be hard pressed to find many young men who haven't come Into contact in Belfast with either of the 2 sides back in the day, I shared a house in Sydney with a guy from Glasgow ( Protestant ) and his best mate from Belfast ( Catholic ) they met in India, the stories they told were well OTT ( catholic guy had watched on as someone was beaten to death on the guys doorstep ), both great guys and were happy to admit back home they would have been strangers and happily killed each other due to the religious difference , Both knew my football past ( from a mate who had lived with them for 6 months before I arrived ) and were more than happy to teach me a few of the songs to wind the other one up

    The " could you go a chicken supper " song was often aired on the way back up the hill to our house after a night out
    Both knew my football past
    **** me

  13. #33

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes he was.
    From Wales Online:
    "Andy Campbell scored a hat-trick, taking his goals tally to six in four matches, with Leo Fortune-West (2), Peter Thorne and Scott Young completing the tally"
    I was listening on the radio that day whilst furniture shopping (no idea why that match was on in the Midlands, in a shop and loud enough to hear). City seemed to score every few minutes and it was 7 nil by the time we got home.

  14. #34

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    From Wales Online:
    "Andy Campbell scored a hat-trick, taking his goals tally to six in four matches, with Leo Fortune-West (2), Peter Thorne and Scott Young completing the tally"
    I was listening on the radio that day whilst furniture shopping (no idea why that match was on in the Midlands, in a shop and loud enough to hear). City seemed to score every few minutes and it was 7 nil by the time we got home.

  15. #35

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Wasn't complaining...but did somewhat distract from the task in hand.

  16. #36

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    He got hit on the head with a meat pie

  17. #37

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He got hit on the head with a meat pie
    The all important question. Was it a Clarkes pie?

  18. #38

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you would be hard pressed to find many young men who haven't come Into contact in Belfast with either of the 2 sides back in the day, I shared a house in Sydney with a guy from Glasgow ( Protestant ) and his best mate from Belfast ( Catholic ) they met in India, the stories they told were well OTT ( catholic guy had watched on as someone was beaten to death on the guys doorstep ), both great guys and were happy to admit back home they would have been strangers and happily killed each other due to the religious difference.
    That's the thing, it's easy to look back and judge, but conflicts are drenched in propaganda and people are forced to choose sides. I've been in a war zone, and I've witnessed a coup in another country. Some horrible things happen when the hive mind takes over.

  19. #39

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The all important question. Was it a Clarkes pie?
    It was the Oldham version of the Clarkes pie

    Which hopefully is nicer than the original

  20. #40

    Re: R I P Andy Goram

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's the thing, it's easy to look back and judge, but conflicts are drenched in propaganda and people are forced to choose sides. I've been in a war zone, and I've witnessed a coup in another country. Some horrible things happen when the hive mind takes over.
    All very well but when you consider Goram was born in the divided society of war torn Bury, Lancashire...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •