+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flat roof pubs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flat roof pubs

Is The Greyhound in Pentrebane one?
    There used to be one in Southmead in Bristol (now a Tesco Express) called something like ‘Pride of England’.
    It was a horrible place, with some well dodgy looking geezers outside.
    Every time I drive past when it was closed, there’d be an empty can of Natch cider, which is popular delicacy in those parts. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    There used to be one in Southmead in Bristol (now a Tesco Express) called something like ‘Pride of England’.
    Every time I drive past when it was closed, there’d be an empty can of Natch cider, which is popular delicacy in those parts. ��
    I think it was the Standard, it’s featured in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Every time I drive past when it was closed, there’d be an empty can of Natch cider, which is popular delicacy in those parts. ��
    I think those inbred wurzel types now frequent 'The Robin' which is just off the A3029, close to Trashton Gate. Not been that way for about 15 years but the pub has or did have a flat roof. I used to pass there a lot back in the day to do with my job, I always wound the window down and shouted out "Do the Ayatollah Gypos" as I sped merrily past. Sadly no one ever did it, but I did have a few choice comments aimed in my direction