Thread: Kyrgios and Tsitsipas……………..

Re: Kyrgios and Tsitsipas……………..

Rooney

This Tennis Player

Alex Higgins

Spoilt little brats , irrespective of their talent

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Amazingly, he doesn’t have a coach. When asked why he said “I just don’t think a coach is ready for me and I want to spare him that because it would otherwise be a nightmare. At the current stage of my career, it is already too advanced for a coach because my paths have already solidified. And I just don’t like to listen to advice, to be completely honest.”
    He doesnt listen to advice ?

That's a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pele

No sniff needed
    Have a day off. Not even in the greatest 50 footballers of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Have a day off. Not even in the greatest 50 footballers of all time.
    Bollocks , you are wet behind the ears

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Maradona had the shit kicked out of him, that’s cheating. Greatest footballer to ever play the game and a 4 day a week cocaine habit. Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Always shocked by his height at 1.65m too. He scored two in the 'hand of God' match didn't he but if I'm right, the other one was pure gold. Shouldn't have been possible.
    You are right - but to be fair, it is the most famous brace in all of football history

Ben Johnson

Drugs cheat

Very fast bloke

But drugs cheat

Maradona ? .....let's let him off because he was good and we were not around to see Pele

It's the same thing , these people are highly talented .....cheats

Ben Johnson

Drugs cheat

Very fast bloke

But drugs cheat

Maradona ? .....let's let him off because he was good and we were not around to see Pele

It's the same thing , these people are highly talented .....cheats
    Maradona was hardly taking substances that improved him on the pitch

It's totally different to Ben Johnson. Johnson was also running at a time when everyone else, including the saintly Carl Lewis, was getting chemical assistance. Johnson just didn't cover his tracks.

The Dirtiest Race In History by Richard Moore (who died recently) is a brilliant book about it and the athletics period as a whole in the 80s. There was also a doc on BBC2 a few years back based on the book, perhaps it's on youtube or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You are right - but to be fair, it is the most famous brace in all of football history
    You're right. I'm such a sharp cookie!

Maradona was hardly taking substances that improved him on the pitch

It's totally different to Ben Johnson. Johnson was also running at a time when everyone else, including the saintly Carl Lewis, was getting chemical assistance. Johnson just didn't cover his tracks.

The Dirtiest Race In History by Richard Moore (who died recently) is a brilliant book about it and the athletics period as a whole in the 80s. There was also a doc on BBC2 a few years back based on the book, perhaps it's on youtube or something.
    There's also a Tour de France thread going at the moment. I used to really love cycling but not anymore for all the obvious reasons, though I do think it's a sport that should take a long hard look at itself and decide on some realistic regulations. People tend to blanket the term 'drugs' but that sport is crazily hypocritical in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There's also a Tour de France thread going at the moment. I used to really love cycling but not anymore for all the obvious reasons, though I do think it's a sport that should take a long hard look at itself and decide on some realistic regulations. People tend to blanket the term 'drugs' but that sport is crazily hypocritical in my view.
    Yes, cycling and the tours are probably the most extreme examples in all sports. I remember reading that the guy considered to be the last clean winner was in 1987, but maybe it's been cleaned up a bit now.

Yes, cycling and the tours are probably the most extreme examples in all sports. I remember reading that the guy considered to be the last clean winner was in 1987, but maybe it's been cleaned up a bit now.
    Martina Navratilova

Bollocks , you are wet behind the ears
    A few good international tournaments every 4 years doesn’t qualify any player to be anywhere near the likes of the games best.

Every time I see this thread title in the stream it just reads like the main event of a 5th Century BCE Greek amphitheatre.

Pele

No sniff needed
    Hmm... most of the highlights shown of his career almost always seem to show a missed goal.

Pele has to be one of the most overated players in history.

Most of his goals were against pub teams.

Younger viewers will of course go crazy over modern lightweight diving ponces

But Pele was the real deal and had legs like tree trunks

When the game was not played by plastic footballs and you could tackle someone without them ordering an ambulance as they fell

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Careful now Wash, careful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27590899

Navratilova makes me laugh , she used to be nicknamed ratty

Most of em are spoilt brats

The crowd are all wankers
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

That's a joke right?
    He scored a hat trick in a World Cup semi final and two in the final, all at the age of 17!
    He won the World Cup again 4 years later, was kicked from pillar to post in '66 (because he was shyte) and came back to be the star of the 1970 World Cup playing in one of the greatest teams of all time.
    He's also the only player to win the World Cup 3 times.
    Ah, but that was when everything was in black and white so it doesn't count,
    You'll be telling us Di Stefano was over rated next. Go and boil your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That's a joke right?
    He scored a hat trick in a World Cup semi final and two in the final, all at the age of 17!
    He won the World Cup again 4 years later, was kicked from pillar to post in '66 (because he was shyte) and came back to be the star of the 1970 World Cup playing in one of the greatest teams of all time.
    He's also the only player to win the World Cup 3 times.
    Ah, but that was when everything was in black and white so it doesn't count,
    You'll be telling us Di Stefano was over rated next. Go and boil your head!
    Expected a bit of pushback...but fcking boil my head.
    You mention the great Brazilian teams, he was a part of the great teams...he didn't fcking drag them to the pinnacle like Maradona did for Argentina.

Anyway I digress...go boil your fcuking head!

I rate Maradona ahead of Pele, but you only have to watch Goal, the film of the 1966 World Cup, to see how the latter was kicked from pillar to post by Bulgarian, Hungarian and Portuguese defenders to be convinced that he was something special - why would he have got that sort of attention if he just was someone who had an inflated reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ok
    You are welcome dave

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Going to come to blows soon here.

He must have done something pretty bad to him in the past, with all the bully agitations, and the fact he could get under his skin so easily!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I rate Maradona ahead of Pele, but you only have to watch Goal, the film of the 1966 World Cup, to see how the latter was kicked from pillar to post by Bulgarian, Hungarian and Portuguese defenders to be convinced that he was something special - why would he have got that sort of attention if he just was someone who had an inflated reputation?
    Same thing happened to John Charles in ‘58. I read his autobiography. It was brutal, the guy could hardly walk after the games.