+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyrgios and Tsitsipas……………..

Re: Kyrgios and Tsitsipas……………..

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I didn't see it so I haven't a clue what you're all on about.
    Can someone enlighten me?
    It's such an individual sport and most of em are feathered egos

I can understand why people like team sports but tennis fans are odd

That silly slow clapping they do when waiting for a line call , that gets on my tits

The competition to be the last one to say ....come on Nadal......before the umpire asks for quiet

And henman Hill and Murray Mount

All bollocks

I was glad when casualty started

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    He's a complete dick NQAT.
    Good to watch though and he played some amazing tennis in that match.
    Your right. I probably wouldn't have watched if it wasnt him and his dickhead behaviour and hoping hed lose.

Im sure the defeat isnt too far away.

Complaining about his opponent was a new low. Hes a c**t.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's such an individual sport and most of em are feathered egos

I can understand why people like team sports but tennis fans are odd

That silly slow clapping they do when waiting for a line call , that gets on my tits

The competition to be the last one to say ....come on Nadal......before the umpire asks for quiet

And henman Hill and Murray Mount

All bollocks

I was glad when casualty started
    Get Netflix.

Your right.

I cant stand Kyrgios but ive watched that hoping hed lose so I suppose hes a a draw to watch. I wouldnt have bothered with 90% of tennis players.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sport needs characters like him
    Agreed, people are talking about him.

Also, Tsitsipas actually did the thing that should have seen him disqualified. Kyrgios is a bit of a tit but he's great TV. He's crazy talented as well. He doesn't have a coach and never has, and he can play like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Agreed, people are talking about him.

Also, Tsitsipas actually did the thing that should have seen him disqualified. Kyrgios is a bit of a tit but he's great TV. He's crazy talented as well. He doesn't have a coach and never has, and he can play like that!
    You actually think Tsitsipas should have been disqualified???😂😂😂😂

Behaving like that is a form of cheating through intimidation

I hate it when footballers cross the line and this sort of extreme gamesmanship needs sending offs etc

The crowd boo and cheer

It's pathetic , it's like a punch and Judy show down the seafront at margate

Is there another week of this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    You actually think Tsitsipas should have been disqualified???��������
    He smacked the ball into the crowd and could have hit someone. It's a disqualification offence so says the pundit on BBC. I've no doubt they'd be baying for blood if Kyrgios did it.

Kyrgios whined. Tsitsipas had multiple paddies as well, as well as deliberately trying to hit Kyrgios (and missing, and missing the baseline too )

Behaving like that is a form of cheating through intimidation

I hate it when footballers cross the line and this sort of extreme gamesmanship needs sending offs etc

The crowd boo and cheer

It's pathetic , it's like a punch and Judy show down the seafront at margate

Is there another week of this ?
    First line sums Kyrgios up.

His opponent reacted badly and the utter tw@t even tried to get him penalised for it.

He smacked the ball into the crowd and could have hit someone. It's a disqualification offence so says the pundit on BBC. I've no doubt they'd be baying for blood if Kyrgios did it.

Kyrgios whined. Tsitsipas had multiple paddies as well, as well as deliberately trying to hit Kyrgios (and missing, and missing the baseline too )
    So you think he should be disqualified.?😂😂😂😂 and poor Nick is a victim.😂😂😂

So you think he should be disqualified.?😂😂😂😂 and poor Nick is a victim.😂😂😂
    Can we ban them both ?

For being ***** ?

Shut down the tournament

Send in mounted police to disperse the crowds ?

Wonder if there are tennis mobs and firms ?

We would do em

So you think he should be disqualified.?�������� and poor Nick is a victim.������
    No, I think people need to stop whining about someone that is clearly VERY good for tennis.

No, I think people need to stop whining about someone that is clearly VERY good for tennis.
    Yeah but he's a spoilt ponce

Maradona was a very talented footballer but used to cheat and cry to the ref

Ronaldo another highly talented cheating ponce

Set the dogs on em

Australian Sportsmen always seem super obnoxious.

Yeah but he's a spoilt ponce

Maradona was a very talented footballer but used to cheat and cry to the ref

Ronaldo another highly talented cheating ponce

Set the dogs on em
    Maradona had the shit kicked out of him, that’s cheating. Greatest footballer to ever play the game and a 4 day a week cocaine habit. Legend.

That drop shot he played for match point was out of this world. As was some of the tennis he played throughout the match. But all the panel wanted to talk about was the negative stuff. Pathetic. Never seen them complain when it was Andy Murray berating officials.

Maradona had the shit kicked out of him, that’s cheating. Greatest footballer to ever play the game and a 4 day a week cocaine habit. Legend.
    Always shocked by his height at 1.65m too. He scored two in the 'hand of God' match didn't he but if I'm right, the other one was pure gold. Shouldn't have been possible.

Pele

No sniff needed

That drop shot he played for match point was out of this world. As was some of the tennis he played throughout the match. But all the panel wanted to talk about was the negative stuff. Pathetic. Never seen them complain when it was Andy Murray berating officials.
    I agree in that all of them are brats

The Williams sister

Sharapova

Murray

They were moaning that Tsitsipas was having to play the game at Kyrgios' pace. Ie quickly. In the most part, he doesn't mess about, he just gets on with it and wants to play, and have fun. People get so precious about it all. It's an entertainment and he is box office, and fantastic at tennis. That shot where he bent it round to pass was incredible.

They were moaning that Tsitsipas was having to play the game at Kyrgios' pace. Ie quickly. In the most part, he doesn't mess about, he just gets on with it and wants to play, and have fun. People get so precious about it all. It's an entertainment and he is box office, and fantastic at tennis. That shot where he bent it round to pass was incredible.
    Yeah I agree

But he needs whacking with a pool cue

No different to Nadal bouncing the ball 200 hundred times before serving really. When it’s your serve you dictate the pace.

That one service game in the 4th set at 3-4 i think it was where he went from love-40 and saved himself 3 break points and won 2 points from Deuce in what felt like less than 90 seconds was incredible. 5 points in a flash under immense pressure.

In football terms he’s like a Rooney, you take that attitude and aggression away and he’s not the same player. He has to play on the edge and sometimes he crosses the line.

Fifty years ago, I was a big Ilie Nastase fan, then I'd be defending John McEnroe in pub and family arguments about him (I did go off him when he clearly deliberately threw a tantrum to try and put off his opponent in a game in the Australian Open I think it was late in his career) and although he's never been the controversial figure the other two were, Andy Murray has always been a bit of an acquired taste for many, but I've thought he was great.

Therefore, I should be a real fan of Nick Kyrglos, but I'm not. Maybe that's down to me becoming more old fogeyish, but I don't think it is, I reckon it's down to my lifelong disdain for anyone in any walk of life who does not make the most of the fantastic talent they were born with. Some of Kyrglos' play last night was amazing and it's possible that he's the only player in the tournament who could have played some of the shots he did, but what has he done with all of this brilliant ability he has?

His Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Kyrgios

shows what a complete and utter under achiever he is. Only ever reached two Grand Slam Quarter Finals, only eight career wins (I was surprised to see he's still only twenty seven as he seems to have been around for ages), a career highest ranking of thirteen and a current ranking of forty fifth. Figures like those suggest to me that if the likes of Nastase and McEnroe may have started playing up as a deliberate tactic which benefited them, there is very little evidence to say that Kyrglos' on court persona has been more beneficial to him, rather than his opponents, during his career.

That said, his antics definitely helped him last night because Tsitsipas lost it completely for a while and he could have had no complaints if he had been defaulted. However, that explosion at the end of the second set did not come out of thin air and, in my view, bad behaviour by Kyrglos had been indulged by the umpire for the first hour or so of the game.

Kyrglos could go on to win Wimbledon this year, but he'd still need to add a few more grand slams to reach a stage where his career wouldn't be seen as a major waste of a serious talent.

Amazingly, he doesn’t have a coach. When asked why he said “I just don’t think a coach is ready for me and I want to spare him that because it would otherwise be a nightmare. At the current stage of my career, it is already too advanced for a coach because my paths have already solidified. And I just don’t like to listen to advice, to be completely honest.”