+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Similar Things, Samey Things

Similar Things, Samey Things

Does anyone else watch 'Stranger Things' on Netflix? I've been watching it since Series One, and I have to say, it's all become very familiar. The story lines for the four series so far have been very much alike, and much as I hate to knock it, it's become a bit samey. Kid disappears, gang get together to find them, Eleven does her stuff, and all ends well. Okay, the total story line is building towards a big climactic ending, but then so did Series 1, 2, 3 and now 4.

When it started, it was a real breath of fresh air, but not so much now. Don't get me wrong - I do like it, and I do watch it, and it's still head and shoulders above most other stuff available online (though Better Call Saul and Severance are both way ahead of it), but it's beginning to lose it's polish. Time to wrap it up.

Re: Similar Things, Samey Things

Yeah, I've seen it through.
    There's a bit of a backlash on how El always wins, seemingly finding new power/strength.
    *spoiler* and saying the producers copped out by not letting a main character die, (or stay dead, in this case)
    Hell of a difference to other shows like Ozark for instance.

There seems to be a S5 in the pipeline. given the end of S4; maybe they'll get it right and not go "Game of Thrones" on us.

PS I wonder if 'Mama' Cass Eliot's music will have a resurgence in interest a la Kate Bush?

*another spoiler*
    (Dream a Little Dream of Me was played when El 'dreamwalked into Max's mind.

TOP TIP: try watching CSI maimi ,la whatever its something new and refreshing every week or ramsey's hotel hell. No two episodes are alike

2 shows I’ve enjoyed in recent years have been The Expanse and The Boys. Both on Amazon Prime (or 123movies if you sail the high seas). Very high production value and great writing for both with gripping storylines. Probably 2 of the best shows I’ve seen, up there with Breaking Bad and seasons 1-5 of Game of Thrones.

I just watched the first two and half seasons of Peaky Blinders. Then it just dawned on me that I don't like any of the people and it's just one problem after another each season. So I stopped.

I just watched the first two and half seasons of Peaky Blinders. Then it just dawned on me that I don't like any of the people and it's just one problem after another each season. So I stopped. And the use of music is really cheesy. That Nick Cave song is shit, and WTF was PJ Harvey thinking getting involved?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I just watched the first two and half seasons of Peaky Blinders. Then it just dawned on me that I don't like any of the people and it's just one problem after another each season. So I stopped. And the use of music is really cheesy. That Nick Cave song is shit, and WTF was PJ Harvey thinking getting involved?
    It’s biggest problem was its stupid plot, it got dafter and dafter. I didn’t persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    2 shows I’ve enjoyed in recent years have been The Expanse and The Boys. Both on Amazon Prime (or 123movies if you sail the high seas). Very high production value and great writing for both with gripping storylines. Probably 2 of the best shows I’ve seen, up there with Breaking Bad and seasons 1-5 of Game of Thrones.
    the Expanse is coronation street in space

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    the Expanse is coronation street in space
    I really enjoyed it. Read all the books and the series is pretty faithful to them.

Was it a Canadian production? They have done some of the best sci fi series in recent years.