+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WFH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WFH

That’s if it’s forced working from home though. Most people now have the flexibility and are still choosing to work from home.

I’d love to see any evidence of 1, 9 and 10.

Almost all the others are solved by the flexibility of the odd day in the office.

What industry are you working in where this isn’t working?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    That’s if it’s forced working from home though. Most people now have the flexibility and are still choosing to work from home.

Almost all the others are solved by the flexibility of the odd day in the office.

Well it has certainly damaged my mental health. I spoke to the doctor about it and he said it's common. Problems related to isolation, too much contact with partners at home, lack of people to speak to, inability to share concerns etc. I think long term you are creating a situation that when mental health issues arise, they are inevitably made worse for people WFH
    It's a mixed story though.https://www.rsph.org.uk/about-us/new...-covid-19.html

Things take far longer where I am. Things that would be solved by a simple conversation face to face evolve into long drawn out issues on email

10 - Companies will be responsible for everyones home as a workplace. Staff either facing burnout or doing very little etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Re 9

In our place definitely noticed people downing tools because they’ve ‘run out of work’ of work at home and not made the journey back into the office to get more.

It’ll all sort itself out in the end but it’s been a hard few months with some not taking their fair share of work

Of course you could pin that down to the company not allocating work correctly