+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WFH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: WFH

Our work wants us to do 2-3 days a week or more if you wish in the office with one of them being a “team day”. They seem keen on it and really pushing the positive feedback but the vast majority of staff would prefer to do 1 day team day. We are only a small team so I get the team day but the other day seems pointless, quite often sitting on my own in a big office or with one colleague.

Massive implications for outlets (food, drink etc) in commercial areas. People going out to work keep the wheels turning not just of their workplace but of society as a whole. It’s a dilemma that does need solving, could lead to ghost towns.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Massive implications for outlets (food, drink etc) in commercial areas. People going out to work keep the wheels turning not just of their workplace but of society as a whole. It’s a dilemma that does need solving, could lead to ghost towns.
    And what about all the businesses in suburban high streets like Rhiwbina, Whitchurch, Llanishen, Canton, Roath, etc and the likes of Albany Road, City Road and Cowbridge Road East? They certainly seem busier now on a weekday during working hours than they were pre Covid. I’d prefer to see the likes of Pret, Costa, Starbucks, etc suffer than the smaller, local places that make up the suburban high streets.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    And what about all the businesses in suburban high streets like Rhiwbina, Whitchurch, Llanishen, Canton, Roath, etc and the likes of Albany Road, City Road and Cowbridge Road East? They certainly seem busier now on a weekday during working hours than they were pre Covid. I’d prefer to see the likes of Pret, Costa, Starbucks, etc suffer than the smaller, local places that make up the suburban high streets.
    Hadn't seen this before I replied but yes spot on, it's changing and local businesses are thriving again, we will need to reduce the size of the City Centre it's not needed anymore.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It just moves from towns to villages, Rhiwbina now has a coffee lab, Groker food place with licence, and the Rhiwbina tap, plus the Deri Butchers and Nine giants are doing more daytime stuff, the village was dead now thriving.
    Probably the same all over Cardff, people don't need to go to the City Centre and Drakefords doesn't want it, he's making it as difficult as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It just moves from towns to villages, Rhiwbina now has a coffee lab, Groker food place with licence, and the Rhiwbina tap, plus the Deri Butchers and Nine giants are doing more daytime stuff, the village was dead now thriving.
    Probably the same all over Cardff, people don't need to go to the City Centre and Drakefords doesn't want it, he's making it as difficult as possible.
    5 new businesses in the last year in Whitchurch by my count. Busy as well whenever I go to the highstreet.