+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One nil to the other team, one nil to whoever we played, one nil to everyone!

International

One nil to the other team, one nil to whoever we played, one nil to everyone!

We obviously have to fix this, but last season we had to try and come back from a terrible start and almost always seemed to be one nil down (does anyone have the stats).

I guess in the end we were so concerned about it that the team stopped trying to attack too much and tried to keep it tight and then play our way into the game, then we would go one nil down then attack, and that seemed to work as the best form of defence and we got back into the game?

I would have thought Morison has had the sports psychologists in for a good proportion of the preseason as it also now seems a mental issue?

Any thoughts or observations of why and how Morison and his team can go about breaking this pattern and also improve the home form while we are at it?

I might be overplaying this, but thats how it seemed to me?

Re: One nil to the other team, one nil to whoever we played, one nil to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We obviously have to fix this, but last season we had to try and come back from a terrible start and almost always seemed to be one nil down (does anyone have the stats).

I guess in the end we were so concerned about it that the team stopped trying to attack too much and tried to keep it tight and then play our way into the game, then we would go one nil down then attack, and that seemed to work as the best form of defence and we got back into the game?

I would have thought Morison has had the sports psychologists in for a good proportion of the preseason as it also now seems a mental issue?

Any thoughts or observations of why and how Morison and his team can go about breaking this pattern and also improve the home form while we are at it?

I might be overplaying this, but thats how it seemed to me?
    Its a totally new season, with a totally new team (almost). So why are you worrying about this before we even start ?

Re: One nil to the other team, one nil to whoever we played, one nil to everyone!

Definitely overplaying this.

to be fair, it was a big issue last season, and I think it went beyond just mentality.
    we went behind far too often, and I think it was down to how slow our midfield and defence were for much of the season.
    Even in games where we were playing well from the start of the game we were always likely to offer up a huge chance straight through the middle of the pitch, and more other than not teams will take that opportunity.
    we didn't concede a huge amount of shots, but we would always give up a massive chance, or there were a couple where you'd have to question the goalkeeper as well.
    if we can cut those out we will be a much better side immediately

Stats for you under Morison:

Amount of a game in front - 19.1%
    Amount of a game level - 42.7%
    Amount of a game behind - 38.2%

Wins - 37.5%
    Draws - 18.8%
    Defeats - 43.8%

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Stats for you under Morison:

Amount of a game in front - 19.1%
    Amount of a game level - 42.7%
    Amount of a game behind - 38.2%

Wins - 37.5%
    Draws - 18.8%
    Defeats - 43.8%

Nice one thanks

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    to be fair, it was a big issue last season, and I think it went beyond just mentality.
    we went behind far too often, and I think it was down to how slow our midfield and defence were for much of the season.
    Even in games where we were playing well from the start of the game we were always likely to offer up a huge chance straight through the middle of the pitch, and more other than not teams will take that opportunity.
    we didn't concede a huge amount of shots, but we would always give up a massive chance, or there were a couple where you'd have to question the goalkeeper as well.
    if we can cut those out we will be a much better side immediately
    Agreed and there did seem to be a mental issue, lets hope we get off to a good start first few games and start scoring first, if we get any strikers in.