Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
I buy The Times every day (Mon-Fri), but at £2.50 a shot, it's become an expensive habit. I'm tempted by these online offers, but once the initial offer period runs out, you're still paying £26 a month for full access, which is a lot, even if it's a lot less that the £50 I'm paying at the moment. £50 on newspapers! I must be mad. I know The Guardian is free online (and I do read it a lot), but find it a little bit too far to the left for me. One of these days I'll probably go for a Times digital subscription, but I do like having a proper newspaper.
I used to buy (and write for) WSC, but I found that it was getting a bit expensive for not very much (let's be fair, you can read it cover to cover in an hour or so). Private Eye is an occasional purchase - it gets depressing if you read it every fortnight. I also used to buy Fortean Times on a regular basis, but even the best newsagents don't seem to keep it these days. There's a mystery for someone to look into.
I pick up a hard copy of the Sunday Times with a subscription voucher but as part of the deal you get full online access daily.
Not a bad price.