+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you get any magazines or papers these days ?

Do you get any magazines or papers these days ?

I get the western mail .....more out of habit as its crap

Don't bother with kerrang , metal hammer or rocksound or classic rock

Get improve your coarse fishing and angling times

Could save myself a fair amount of cash if I went digital but I like to have something hard and physical in my hand if you pardon the expression

Re: Do you get any magazines or papers these days ?

442 & my son gets When Saturday Comes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    442 & my son gets When Saturday Comes.
    Wsc used to be a good read

Always had a chuckle at the cover

Record Collector

When Sat Comes.

Spectator.

Mojo .

Private Eye

You would be shocked at how many jobs the production , carriage , and posting of said items keeps folk in work ..

We would make a huge difference for printers , posties , drivers job if we all just ordered on mag in the UK as its a big industry that touches a lot of business and jobs ..

Same with anything they try drive onto the internet go paper .

Slight off topic in shops use tills ..

Avoid self service / internet save jobs

Plenty of digital mags to choose from the Cardiff Library website https://libbyapp.com/library/cardiffuk

No as I’m a hoarder and won’t chuck them out

And I know I’ll never read a digital copy

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    When Sat Comes.

Spectator.

Mojo .

Private Eye

Beano

Dandy

You would be shocked at how many jobs the production , carriage , and posting of said items keeps folk in work ..

We would make a huge difference for printers , posties , drivers job if we all just ordered on mag in the UK as its a big industry that touches a lot of business and jobs ..

Same with anything they try drive onto the internet go paper .

Slight off topic in shops use tills ..

Avoid self service / internet save jobs
    you've covered all bases

I buy The Times every day (Mon-Fri), but at £2.50 a shot, it's become an expensive habit. I'm tempted by these online offers, but once the initial offer period runs out, you're still paying £26 a month for full access, which is a lot, even if it's a lot less that the £50 I'm paying at the moment. £50 on newspapers! I must be mad. I know The Guardian is free online (and I do read it a lot), but find it a little bit too far to the left for me. One of these days I'll probably go for a Times digital subscription, but I do like having a proper newspaper.
    I used to buy (and write for) WSC, but I found that it was getting a bit expensive for not very much (let's be fair, you can read it cover to cover in an hour or so). Private Eye is an occasional purchase - it gets depressing if you read it every fortnight. I also used to buy Fortean Times on a regular basis, but even the best newsagents don't seem to keep it these days. There's a mystery for someone to look into.

Football echo if i ever see it in the petrol station

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I get the western mail .....more out of habit as its crap

Don't bother with kerrang , metal hammer or rocksound or classic rock

Get improve your coarse fishing and angling times

Could save myself a fair amount of cash if I went digital but I like to have something hard and physical in my hand if you pardon the expression
    Rugby World , Railway Modeller

I get the Times and Sunday Times sometimes, though less often than I did. I do particularly like a Sunday paper, with a good review of the weeks news and all the football scores laid out on one page.

I buy the 'i' newspaper sometimes. It's very good, pretty centrist and quite cheap. Will make it last a couple of train journeys to work. I got the Western Mail the day after Wales qualified for the world cup and that will be added to a small collection of things I have like the NY Daily News after Obama won and the Guardian after 9/11 etc. Generally the Western Mail and Echo have massively declined in quality though, so I rarely buy it.

Sometimes I will buy the Spectator or Private Eye. I buy the Economist 'Year Ahead' guide every year. I'll probably buy the 442 season preview and I try to get a hold of the German 'Sportsmagazin Kicker Sonderheft' which is amazing. The odd Rugby World or World Soccer too maybe.

Generally I do value having something to hold as opposed to reading on a screen all the time.

Scootering magazine. Good read and way to keep up to date with the scene.

First Team

Being a cheapskate I read the Guardian on line ,as it is free.

Outside of that not really unless I am on a long train/plane journey when I tend to buy GQ.

God only knows why as I am to fashion what The Carpenters were to heavy rock.

I was buying that Mens Health for a while but it's the same old advice every month

The Times , Mail , Express , Telegraph etc can all feck off , tory rags

Not since 2003

The Times - for the crosswords
    i - for the crosswords
    Classic Rock

and my wife gets:

TV & Satellite Weekly
    Inside Soap
    National Enquirer

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    Scootering magazine. Good read and way to keep up to date with the scene.
    I used to read that.

Wanna buy a 1982 Vespa?

I used to buy NME and Melody Maker when I was a student but it was only a phase

I soon went back to kerrang and sounds

South Wales Echo Circulation ......covering Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan , Valleys ......about 7000 copies

South Wales Evening Post .....Swansea , Llanelli , Carmarthen etc

......15000 copies

I always thought the evening Post was a far better paper but the Echo is really on its arse

The "i" delivered daily (x6) on subscription as it works out at only about 35p a day and it's a sensible, nice, concise little read and access to digital version when out and about too, it'll do me, tidy!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I buy The Times every day (Mon-Fri), but at £2.50 a shot, it's become an expensive habit. I'm tempted by these online offers, but once the initial offer period runs out, you're still paying £26 a month for full access, which is a lot, even if it's a lot less that the £50 I'm paying at the moment. £50 on newspapers! I must be mad. I know The Guardian is free online (and I do read it a lot), but find it a little bit too far to the left for me. One of these days I'll probably go for a Times digital subscription, but I do like having a proper newspaper.
    I used to buy (and write for) WSC, but I found that it was getting a bit expensive for not very much (let's be fair, you can read it cover to cover in an hour or so). Private Eye is an occasional purchase - it gets depressing if you read it every fortnight. I also used to buy Fortean Times on a regular basis, but even the best newsagents don't seem to keep it these days. There's a mystery for someone to look into.
    I pick up a hard copy of the Sunday Times with a subscription voucher but as part of the deal you get full online access daily.
    Not a bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I used to read that.

Wanna buy a 1982 Vespa?
    What vespa is it mate?

I used to buy a newspaper daily, usually the Guardian, and often monthly magazines.

Now I tend to buy magazines ad-hoc, mostly HI-Fi news, Private Eye, Classic Rock and cycling magazines. I still buy a newspaper, but not so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw65 View Post
    I used to buy a newspaper daily, usually the Guardian, and often monthly magazines.

Now I tend to buy magazines ad-hoc, mostly HI-Fi news, Private Eye, Classic Rock and cycling magazines. I still buy a newspaper, but not so much now.
    Have you gone bluetooth wireless or do you still use separates ?