+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    A lot of our nation's intelligentsia are unwilling or unable to, for instance, put food waste in the caddies provided so then it becomes a nice feeding ground for the seagulls and rats. The council tried to introduce fines for this kind of thing but couldn't work out which half eaten curry belonged to which house.
    Some places in England don’t have food waste bins. All goes in the black bin. Not a very good excuse but I can see why some students would just chuck it all in the black bags.

Re: Cardiff residents despair at 'disgusting' piles of rubbish left by students during moving out week

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Half eaten?????? They must have too much money and too much food
    The decadence is off the scale - it's not even a lentil curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    crows attack my green recycling bags even if there's no food in there, probably just to see if they can find any. in a few minutes they can leave half the rubbish strewn across the road
    You'd think they'd have heard of Cathays by now, it's in the papers every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Some places in England don’t have food waste bins. All goes in the black bin. Not a very good excuse but I can see why some students would just chuck it all in the black bags.
    Maybe it takes some getting used to but they're given guides and you'd think after a couple of weeks they'd learn but nah.