+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicago Mass Shooting

Chicago Mass Shooting

1 a week this year apparently in the states

Families out on a 4th July Parade

Wtf !

Re: Chicago Mass Shooting

Another shocking day. And on the back of Copenhagen too.

A 22 year old rapper called Robert Crimo "Awake the Rapper" is being sought. Some pretty disturbing videos on twitter of some of his stuff.

Way more than 1 a week. 337 “mass shootings” in the USA between Jan 1st and June 30th.

It's unbearable.

Seeing posts this morning on Facebook about guns being central to celebrating independence day.
    It's a mental disease the love of the things.
    My Mrs was in Highland Park two weeks ago, her cousins live there.
    Then you have the rest of Chicago which is just like a live shooting range.

I still don't have a gun.

I can never see gun laws changing in the States. They’ve owned and used them freely since day one.

Another trump supporting mass shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Way more than 1 a week. 337 “mass shootings” in the USA between Jan 1st and June 30th.
    Do you know how the criteria for a "mass shooting" in that context?

Doucas, Why mention Trump? Terrible oppotunism.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    1 a week this year apparently in the states

Families out on a 4th July Parade

Wtf !
    I've seen the number 337 a few times so thought I'd look into it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2022

Adding up the monthly figures, there have been 337 shootings and it looks to me like this figure counts four or more people injured or killed.

Digging a bit further on the list, there are 24 where four or more people died (sometimes including the perpetrator and my hand count so could have an error) and this is week 27 of the year, so I guess the 1 a week stat is deliberate mass killings of 4+ people.

Interesting, perhaps, is that when I was searching for 337 mass shootings, this was also the annual figure for 2018 in the US. So in pretty much half a year, they have reached the 2018 total which suggests it's getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post

Because right wing shootings from 80 iq hicks who can buy guns alongside their multipack of poptarts from their nearest Walmart are a huge problem.

Having laws similar to here obviously never happening or not in a few lifetimes but you would think most americans would be against the sale of the automatic, high magazine, high powered type weapons.

They don't account for every mass shooting I'm sure but I see no reason why they should ever be in the hands of the public, particularly a democraticly run country.

But they don't.

I'd roll it back to the days of the declaration if you want a weapon it's only single shot and to operate it you have to wear the clothing of the time.

You have to ask the question

Wtf is a 20 year old kid doing with a high powered assault rifle in his possession?

Trump and his feckwit followers are the very people supporting gun ownership to the max

Who made a speech at the recent NRA rally , sickeningly following another gun related massacre ?

Joe Biden ?

News this morning said its the 308th mass shooting.

Awful and its just until the next time.

Unless the US change its gun laws and the crazy right to arms then it will continue.

You have to ask the question

Wtf is a 20 year old kid doing with a high powered assault rifle in his possession?
    Do you not believe in 'freedom'?

(This is sarcasm just in case this goes over people's heads)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Because right wing shootings from 80 iq hicks who can buy guns alongside their multipack of poptarts from their nearest Walmart are a huge problem.
    Them same people have been around decades before trump was president

Them same 80 IQ Hicks are the same people who farmed the land that fed the US, the same who worked in the factories of the US

though I guess a bit of generalization goes a long way

Serious question, but when did the assault type weapons or high powered rifles etc become legal in the US? Have they always been so? The number of mass shootings is increasing significantly as is the number of general firearm deaths and suicide deaths.

There is also only a very loose connection between gun ownership and gun death rates when you look at it state by state.

Something has changed in the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, I would ban these assault weapons tomorrow and raise the gun ownership rate to at the very least 21, but it strikes me that the change is not actually in relation to access to guns and the severity of the guns - is that right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vi..._United_States

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Serious question, but when did the assault type weapons or high powered rifles etc become legal in the US? Have they always been so? The number of mass shootings is increasing significantly as is the number of general firearm deaths and suicide deaths.

There is also only a very loose connection between gun ownership and gun death rates when you look at it state by state.

Something has changed in the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, I would ban these assault weapons tomorrow and raise the gun ownership rate to at the very least 21, but it strikes me that the change is not actually in relation to access to guns and the severity of the guns - is that right?

If I remember, they were banned in the 90s but that law was removed under George W Bush

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Them same people have been around decades before trump was president

Them same 80 IQ Hicks are the same people who farmed the land that fed the US, the same who worked in the factories of the US

though I guess a bit of generalization goes a long way
    They are assholes though , you can't educate assholes

A lot of the people who farmed the land and worked in the factories were against the right to own a gun and still are today

Something has changed in the last 10 years.

America is a sick society in decay, The gun is just a symptom of deeper illness. There was a time not so long ago when kids took firearms to school for shooting practice. America wasn't always like this...personally i think the decline in religion correlates with a rise in nihilism, fecklessness, and moral relativism leading to chaos.

thoughts and prayers are on their way, that should make everything ok again.

I guess increasing inequality. many people are under a lot of pressure these days, and the gap between the haves and have nots in America is widening all the time.
    I saw a historian noting a few years ago that it is approaching the point (or already there) at which in other societies in the past we have seen violent uprisings and revolution. so it is easy to see why there is more simmering resentment in general, and this building resentment has been redirected from those that have all the power to other groups.
    attribute the blame to immigrants, to culture wars etc etc, that is the reason your life is so hard now, not the fact that those at the top are making more and more money.
    pressure is definitely building like a pressure cooker, who knows how it will end

They are assholes though , you can't educate assholes
    bit more generalization, not sure all 80 IQ Hicks are assholes, but still doesn't take away the fact that they are not a new thing, they were around along time before Trump came to power

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I guess increasing inequality. many people are under a lot of pressure these days, and the gap between the haves and have nots in America is widening all the time.
    I saw a historian noting a few years ago that it is approaching the point (or already there) at which in other societies in the past we have seen violent uprisings and revolution. so it is easy to see why there is more simmering resentment in general, and this building resentment has been redirected from those that have all the power to other groups.
    attribute the blame to immigrants, to culture wars etc etc, that is the reason your life is so hard now, not the fact that those at the top are making more and more money.
    pressure is definitely building like a pressure cooker, who knows how it will end
    Agree, and with people armed with assault rifles, what could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    bit more generalization, not sure all 80 IQ Hicks are assholes, but still doesn't take away the fact that they are not a new thing, they were around along time before Trump came to power
    It was such an ignorant generalisation, not even worth bothering with. The demographic with most gun violence in America isn't 80IQ hicks i can assure you.

America is a sick society in decay, The gun is just a symptom of deeper illness. There was a time not so long ago when kids took firearms to school for shooting practice. America wasn't always like this...personally i think the decline in religion correlates with a rise in nihilism, fecklessness, and moral relativism leading to chaos.
    It's the blacks

Even when it's a white guy like this one , it's the blacks

You complete tool