+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A successful lady , she is the Attorney General , her parents came to the UK in the 60's ,she is a Buddhist. She is one of many Asian / Ethnic Tories who hold or did hold very high office in the Tory party ..

Her becoming PM and Tory leader , would be some achievement..
    Attorney general Suella Braverman belongs to controversial Buddhist sect

'The new attorney general is a member of a controversial religious sect which continues to venerate its founder despite well-documented claims that he was a serial sexual predator, the Observer can reveal.'

International

Was there such a long thread of joy when Bob Bradley was sacked at Swansea, he was shocking his loss rate was brilliant and he really weakened the opposition, I would have liked him to have stayed forever!

She wants to be leader , calls for Johnson to quit , but wont resign.

What a govt.

All goes back to Brexit. Jobs for incompetent boys and girls.

It would be surprising if the dishonourable member would resign. He'd need the same spin doctor as Putin if Russia would give up in the Ukraine. Surely their best bet now is to find a relatively untainted outsider as leader and hope to gain some electoral confidence before 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    That’s the exact point isn’t it? These people resigning aren’t doing so morally, because they have no morals. They’re doing it to save their own skin.
    I keep the clip of them all cheering the failure of the nurses pay rise vote on my phone as a constant reminder. All of this pseudo-outrage directed at Johnson when they've been enabling a narcissistic personality disorder in order to jerk off to power and privilege makes me want to vomit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A successful lady , she is the Attorney General , her parents came to the UK in the 60's ,she is a Buddhist. She is one of many Asian / Ethnic Tories who hold or did hold very high office in the Tory party ..

Her becoming PM and Tory leader , would be some achievement..
    Absolutely no chance!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Was there such a long thread of joy when Bob Bradley was sacked at Swansea, he was shocking his loss rate was brilliant and he really weakened the opposition, I would have liked him to have stayed forever!
    After Cullis any other Swansea manager in history can be classed as a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I keep the clip of them all cheering the failure of the nurses pay rise vote on my phone as a constant reminder. All of this pseudo-outrage directed at Johnson when they've been enabling a narcissistic personality disorder in order to jerk off to power and privilege makes me want to vomit.
    Zahawi called for a 9% pay increase for teachers. Hes now Chancellor. Will he act or was it all bullsh!t.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    After Cullis any other Swansea manager in history can be classed as a genius.
    Just googled what happened after, they had Jimmy Rimmer for two games as caretaker then Jan Molby who improved them!

Excellent

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Zahawi called for a 9% pay increase for teachers. Hes now Chancellor. Will he act or was it all bullsh!t.
    I'd imagine they'll all go back to old posts whle the new leader is elected?

BBC has said Boris isgoing to resign.

Letter now beiong written apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    BBC has said Boris isgoing to resign.

Letter now beiong written apparently
    He’s staying until the autumn it seems while they elect a new leader, but how can all of these people who have resigned go back to their old jobs as if nothings changed?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s staying until the autumn it seems while they elect a new leader, but how can all of these people who have resigned go back to their old jobs as if nothings changed?
    Ludicrous but perfectly in keeping with his character. The idea that he can command respect or service from a Cabinet, Party or country during the next three months is pie in the sky.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    They have work to do, they'll know the jobs and what needs to be done, the resignations were just a mutiny to push Boris as he wouldn't go himself.

The quicker they get a new leader the quicker, it's probably the worst possible time!

International

Boris won't have any power, I doubt they will let him make any decisions, it will be by cabinet committee until the New Leader in September.

Boris won't have any power, I doubt they will let him make any decisions, it will be by cabinet committee until the New Leader in September.
    Johnson's cuddly name to the last. If you think he wouldn't try to use this period for some kind of grandstanding redemption attempt you have learned nothing from the last three years!

I've said before I'm totally done with political parties and prefer direct activism these days.

Parliament needs to work together. Get the brightest and best of all parties and sort the mess out. I cringed earlier this week listening to Starmer. I cringe listening to all political party leaders. Labour needs to work with everyone else and stop this idea of a party 'winning' an election but remember that each MP is representing real people with real problems in the real world. Westminster is not fit for purpose.

They fail with their basic duty of care. They'd be fired in the world I live in.

I've said before I'm totally done with political parties and prefer direct activism these days.

Parliament needs to work together. Get the brightest and best of all parties and sort the mess out. I cringed earlier this week listening to Starmer. I cringe listening to all political party leaders. Labour needs to work with everyone else and stop this idea of a party 'winning' an election but remember that each MP is representing real people with real problems in the real world. Westminster is not fit for purpose.

They fail with their basic duty of care. They'd be fired in the world I live in.
    Yes there could be a much more effective way to run a country, if you ran a business in the same way as we run the country it would be a total disaster.

It is not gong to change until the motivation is there for the MPs to start acting differently. At the moment their only incentive is to get voted in again next time, and maybe get themselves a more important job.

They have work to do, they'll know the jobs and what needs to be done, the resignations were just a mutiny to push Boris as he wouldn't go himself.

The quicker they get a new leader the quicker, it's probably the worst possible time!
    They've had three years of work to do and taken the piss. I can't think of any real world example that wouldn't have had a complete management restructure and fired the lot of them in any professional environment I've ever worked in.

Work to do! Here you go, these were taken in Grangetown Tescos yesterday. The real f*cking world! Westminster's a theatrical drama full of egos, cocaine and sexual predators. They can all do one as far as I'm concerned.

Attachment 4984
    Attachment 4985

Warnock and Pulis on standby apparently

Enough of this Tory debauchery....when are we seeing our new kit?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes there could be a much more effective way to run a country, if you ran a business in the same way as we run the country it would be a total disaster.

It is not gong to change until the motivation is there for the MPs to start acting differently. At the moment their only incentive is to get voted in again next time, and maybe get themselves a more important job.
    Exactly this. They talk about supporting businesses then watch them rot. They sit as overpaid executives on boards that want a Trophy Director who's covertly lobbying in government (actually they're so brazen now they've stopped doing that) who's got no f*cking clue how to run the business of which they are a board member. The motivation of our state employees should be to help its citizens. Not just the ones who voted for their party or brand of politics. All of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Enough of this Tory debauchery....when are we seeing our new kit?!
    I'd welcome some diversion. I'm never going to complain about sh*t football ever again!

100%

Under the current system, less than half the electorate can vote a party into a landslide victory.

Even in Blair's first election I think Labour got well under half the votes.

Some are calling for proportional rep in elections - why shouldn't the government appoint a cabinet according to the % of votes?

The way we have now sees us swinging from right to left snd back every few years.