+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    the only thing died is Corbyns and Boris career.

No not dyed in the wool tory, but Labour and the liberals or whatever they are, were responsible for trying to stop it and took attention away from running the Country to trying to battle for Brexit.

They were trying to stop parliament every week?
    Of course you are a raving tory 🙄

Embarrassing now

Most vote tory because they say they'll lower taxes for higher earners and be carefull with the money, better for business and the economy.

Most vote Labour because they say they will tax the wealthy more, increase benefits and wages for the low paid and public industries and spend more on public services, but they can never say where the money is going to come from.

People voted New Labour because they sad they would do most of both and because Tony was slick.

Once in they do what they can get away with.
    They usually do say where the money is coming from but an awful lot of people stick their fingers in their ears.

Most vote tory because they say they'll lower taxes for higher earners and be carefull with the money, better for business and the economy.

Most vote Labour because they say they will tax the wealthy more, increase benefits and wages for the low paid and public industries and spend more on public services, but they can never say where the money is going to come from.

People voted New Labour because they sad they would do most of both and because Tony was slick.

Once in they do what they can get away with.
    Given the incumbent government has collected more in taxes than any government previously, in both real terms and as a percentage of national income, we can put to bed the myth the Tories are the party of low taxation.

And to be clear, I am referring to normal times, and not during any war or just after.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That would mean people having to vote between the many different types of Brexit, which is rather out of line with the purpose of referendums, but hey so what? Just change the rules. And when you have the answer to that question have another referendum so anyone who voted for a losing choice in the first vote could then vote yes or no to the one that won the first vote. can say yes or no to the winner.
    Then have another one to check if the answer you got for the first one was right. ( In other words was it the answer you wanted).
    Then after you have negotiated a new treaty with the EU have a referendum so the people can vote on what they are actually going to get.
    (And keep having them until you (The EU) get the answer they want, like they said they would keep doing with Eire when the population rejected the Euro.)
    I'm not saying Labour's policy was correct, what I am saying it is a falsehood to state Labour were not clear on what their policy was.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    You're not getting a bite from me, go fishing somewhere else

I'm not an angler 😲

Your last point is one of the great what ifs. The more I look back, I am pretty sure if Blair allowed the referendum in the late 90s, it would have been a resounding yes and today's political climate would have been much different.
    Probably. At least Blair seemed to be pro EC and would have been clear that the Labour party management was all for staying in the EU. As it was, it was a perfect shitstorm of deceit, some people dithering, others believing that it wouldn't really happen and Brexiteer Corbyn not willing to provide any guideline.

Your last point is one of the great what ifs. The more I look back, I am pretty sure if Blair allowed the referendum in the late 90s, it would have been a resounding yes and today's political climate would have been much different.
    I’d agree with that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Are you a Conservative Student at UWIC or something ?

Do you think everyone with money votes tory ?
    No I was saying almost everyone that doesn't votes Labour, as it benefits them?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Of course you are a raving tory ��

Embarrassing now
    Floating voter, lets see in 2 years!

Forty one years and vote again

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I blame the greedy airlines for a lot of the delays, sacked everyone during covid and can’t get them to come back on worse terms. ****ing idiotic.
    Where's the like button.

I wonder if the best thing to do is to let him stay in post until his replacement, as he wants. Make perfectly clear to him that no big domestic changes will be allowed through by the party for the rest of his term. Let him spend his time on Ukraine, as he'd probably be happy to do so. Make sure he is well and truly sidelined in regards to domestic decision making

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Brilliant! Can't see him getting the job of BBC political correspondent, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for posting this. You've made my day.

People voted New Labour because they said they would do most of both and because Tony was slick.

Once in they do what they can get away with!
    They have had a fully costed manifesto for every election I can remember voting in. You can argue with the details but you can't say they don't provide their workings.

Maybe just maybe for this one occasion the electorate prefer to vote for the party that has clarity over what they consider their most pressing issue.

Once Brexit is done and dusted, I'm pretty sure we'll see the red wall reappear.
    Yeah I think that's probably true, turnout will probably tell a big part of the story.

I just don't really know what Brexit being done and dusted means in practice. We have reached the stage where nobody in favour will admit it was at best pointless and at worst a disaster, instead they tell you that the government have done Brexit badly and that they themselves would have done it really well, without telling you what that means (and which we also know wasn't really possible because expectations had been set too high by the leave side). I am not sure it will ever end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    They have had a fully costed manifesto for every election I can remember voting in. You can argue with the details but you can't say they don't provide their workings.
    Bizarrely, every manifesto I've ever read (and this is for all parties) are missing the detail with respect to the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah I think that's probably true, turnout will probably tell a big part of the story.

I just don't really know what Brexit being done and dusted means in practice. We have reached the stage where nobody in favour will admit it was at best pointless and at worst a disaster, instead they tell you that the government have done Brexit badly and that they themselves would have done it really well, without telling you what that means (and which we also know wasn't really possible because expectations had been set too high by the leave side). I am not sure it will ever end.
    Brexit is one of those things that allows its supporters to say the dividend is on its way. Its nonsense of course, it was a silly thing to do from day 1.

Actually it's mixed a lot of rich people made a lot of money housing EU citizens and employing them as cheap labour for their businesses most voted to remain and theres a common theme here BECAUSE IT WAS IN THERE BEST INTERESTS!
    I won’t mention your poor grasp of the English language but what I will mention is your poor grasp of the EU ‘cheap’ labour situation. EU workers were entitled to the same wage as everybody else, they were paid the going rate with the same employment rights, they were legitimate employees. On the other hand, leaving the EU enabled rich people (as you described them) to employ illegal workers from overseas on as little a wage as they could get away with, it was in THEIR best interests not to be hampered with employment law, workers rights, holiday pay, sick pay, decent welfare, proper health & safety, proper notice of termination etc.
    Illegal immigration fuels the black economy and is a very unfortunate byproduct of Brexit. Brexit is lining the pockets of your ‘rich people’ in a disgusting way.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    When does the "you lost get on with it" approach run out? Because we voted to join the EU in 1975 and 41 years later leavers were still demanding to overturn that vote
    We didn't vote to join the E.U. in 1975. The European project was quite different back then.
    I don't recall leavers asking for a second referendum in the 70s and niether do you, stop being silly. The main call for a referendum occured after the Maastrict treaty(1992) Which was right and fair, as the nature of the EU was changing way beyond what was proposed in 1975. I think 20/30 years is a fair amount of time for another referendum. Unless something dramatically changes.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I won’t mention your poor grasp of the English language but what I will mention is your poor grasp of the EU ‘cheap’ labour situation. EU workers were entitled to the same wage as everybody else, they were paid the going rate with the same employment rights, they were legitimate employees. On the other hand, leaving the EU enabled rich people (as you described them) to employ illegal workers from overseas on as little a wage as they could get away with, it was in THEIR best interests not to be hampered with employment law, workers rights, holiday pay, sick pay, decent welfare, proper health & safety, proper notice of termination etc.
    Illegal immigration fuels the black economy and is a very unfortunate byproduct of Brexit. Brexit is lining the pockets of your ‘rich people’ in a disgusting way.
    Top post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    We didn't vote to join the E.U. in 1975. The European project was quite different back then.
    I don't recall leavers asking for a second referendum in the 70s and niether do you, stop being silly. The main call for a referendum occured after the Maastrict treaty(1992) Which was right and fair, as the nature of the EU was changing way beyond what was proposed in 1975. I think 20/30 years is a fair amount of time for another referendum. Unless something dramatically changes.
    Do you, Ron, Ron?

Given the incumbent government has collected more in taxes than any government previously, in both real terms and as a percentage of national income, we can put to bed the myth the Tories are the party of low taxation.

And to be clear, I am referring to normal times, and not during any war or just after.
    A covid lockdown, furlough and the 2008 banking crisis were not "normal" times by any stretch of the imagination.
    It's still a disgrace that we became massively indebted due to a banking bail out in 2008. We are slaves to the international banking system, I'm not a marxist at all, but Corbyn knew the international bankers were a parasitical cancer and they made sure he'd never become elected. The media smears against him were a joke. If you oppose the international banking system, for whatever legitimate reason. You'll be ruined politically and labelled anti semetic.