+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chaos in Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Exactly this. They talk about supporting businesses then watch them rot. They sit as overpaid executives on boards that want a Trophy Director who's covertly lobbying in government (actually they're so brazen now they've stopped doing that) who's got no f*cking clue how to run the business of which they are a board member. The motivation of our state employees should be to help its citizens. Not just the ones who voted for their party or brand of politics. All of us.
    In fairness, the amount of support given to private business in the last two and half years is unprecedented in the history of the country.

Had the market been left to it's devices, then there quite literally would be millions unemployed right now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In fairness, the amount of support given to private business in the last two and half years is unprecedented in the history of the country.

Had the market been left to it's devices, then there quite literally would be millions unemployed right now
    That's not really a conservative achievement though is it. It's what any country should do when 90% of people can't go to work.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's not really a conservative achievement though is it. It's what any country should do when 90% of people can't go to work.
    Yes, it's something that more or less every country did, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and it wasn't right to do it. It was an extraordinary level of support for the private sector.

Yes, it's something that more or less every country did, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and it wasn't right to do it. It was an extraordinary level of support for the private sector.
    That is 100% correct. But you very often like to use the word nuance (I'm not having a go) so without context there's a hidden story behind that statement.

It's like saying I'm a good dad because I feed my kids.

It's what everyone else does, and if I didn't it would be criminal - but I can claim it as an achievement?

Lardy just answered this. I've just got to say, you know we live in completely different world's right? There's no point us doing the same dance over and over again just for the sake of it. I think you're a really bright guy but we have completely different motivations in life and clearly completely different experiences. I'm tired of the status quo James. I'll no longer support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Lardy just answered this. I've just got to say, you know we live in completely different world's right? There's no point us doing the same dance over and over again just for the sake of it. I think you're a really bright guy but we have completely different motivations in life and clearly completely different experiences. I'm tired of the status quo James. I'll no longer support it.
    Do you not think the Furlough scheme saved jobs , it was one of the most generous job saving packages ever delivered , on a personal level working and now working in the private sector it certainly saved our workforce through those very challenging times ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do you not think the Furlough scheme saved jobs , it was one of the most generous job saving packages ever delivered , on a personal level working and now working in the private sector it certainly saved our workforce through those very challenging times ?
    Of course, but in all seriousness LOM, how many global pandemics have we ever had to deal with? It's been overused but the word unprecedented applies.